Infighting inside PAP?

Senior members of Singapore’s ruling People’s Action Party are concerned that mixed signals from the country’s virus task force are giving the appearance of divisions that could lead to rare infighting, people familiar with the situation said.

The party cadres, who decide which individuals are admitted to the PAP’s top decision making body, were concerned perceptions of a split could spur members to choose sides in the informal contest to succeed Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, whose plans to step aside were delayed amid the pandemic after his heir-apparent bowed out earlier this year. They said the prime minister or another senior member should take charge and show decisiveness, according to the people.

Lee’s disrupted succession plan — unusual in a country used to orderly transitions — has added more pressure on the PAP as it looks to keep the economy on track while dealing with rising concerns about foreign workers in the financial hub. Although the party prolonged its nearly six-decade rule in an election last year, the opposition gained a record number of seats.

While the virus task force and Lee’s cabinet make key decisions and implement them as a team, Finance Minister Lawrence Wong and Health Minister Ong Ye Kung have noticeably focused on different aspects of the pandemic response in recent public comments as the country announced stop-start changes in its reopening plan. Wong has generally appeared to favour tighter measures to contain the virus, while Ong is seen as a greater advocate for opening. Both are regarded as prime contenders to one day take power from Lee.

More at https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/current...leadership
[+] 1 user Likes pinkypanther's post

Hopeless PAP Ministers embarrassing themselves again.

Not just the worldwide news on Oxley saga.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Too many cooks spoil the soup

8Umbrella Umbrella

The problem is not many know how to cook…..yet pretend to be a cook.
[+] 3 users Like kangtangman's post

Tot sumwan said all d ministars worked well n understand each other thus Singapore is in good hands?

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

I already saw this symptom when it appears that the MTF is not working in a team. OYK is noticeably alone spewing out disastrous action that caused a surge in the infection while the rest of the MTF became rather quiet after OYK came onboard the MTF ....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(30-09-2021, 07:13 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I already saw this symptom when it appears that the MTF is not working in a team. OYK is noticeably alone spewing out disastrous action that caused a surge in the infection while the rest of the MTF became rather quiet after OYK came onboard the MTF ....... Rolleyes

All of them dont like Ah Ong?

Laughing

They are just fighting for they shall just suck just one ball or both balls of their goat daddies? lol

just let the richest one among them become the next leader lor...money talks mah

Said a few times liow, ex-military vs non military

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

[Image: Jp35X.gif]

(30-09-2021, 04:14 PM)Ola Wrote:  Hopeless PAP Ministers embarrassing themselves again.

Not just the worldwide news on Oxley saga.

not embarrass then i worry Tongue

Real winners laughing behind is them.
STILL enjoy their nice pay cheque out from Public funds, tax payer money

Look at HC, still can inside TS Holdings despite claim Oh I step down as CEO.
Tactically I feel she still the CEO behind , the new CEO just a puppet upfront just like the president.