Intel stock plunge 11% as it projects lower margins others sell I buy@$49.45

Yes I am looking for an opportunity to get in....
[Image: teeV5Pf.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Intel's largest business, its client computing group, was down 2% year-over-year to $9.7 billion. That includes PC chip revenue. Intel said that PC sales were down primarily due to lower laptop volumes because of the chip shortage, and that its customers may have lacked other parts it needed to finish assembling computers.

"We call it match sets, where we may have the CPU, but you don't have the LCD, or you don't have the Wi-Fi. Data centers are particularly struggling with some of the power chips and some of the networking or ethernet chips," Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger said in an interview with CNBC.

Gelsinger said that PC demand was still strong and he didn't expect the semiconductor shortage to end until 2023.

"We're in the worst of it now, every quarter next year we'll get incrementally better, but they're not going to have supply-demand balance until 2023," Gelsinger said.

PC sales have been strong for the last year as consumers around the world needed new laptops and desktops to work from home. But the pandemic-related PC surge may be coming to a close as sales slow, according to analysts.

Gelsinger said he believed that the increase in PC sales was likely a trend that will continue. "We do think the PC business is now just structurally larger, a million units-a-day kind of business," Gelsinger said.

Intel's Data Center Group, which sells processors and other silicon for data centers, produced $6.5 billion in sales, up 10% year-over-year, but fell short of analyst estimates of $6.66 billion. Intel said that the annual increase was due to increased demand for on-premise servers for corporations and governments.

Intel is in a period of massive capital expenditure as it spends $20 billion this year, including on a new semiconductor factory in Arizona. Investors are closely watching Intel's gross margin as the company spends on ramping up new production lines to catch rivals in semiconductor performance.

Intel said its gross margin, the revenue left after accounting for the cost of goods sold, will decline, though it won't drop below 50%, and after that it will recover. For the third quarter, Intel reported a gross margin of 56%.

The company plans to shift its business model to become a manufacturer, or foundry, for other chip designers, in addition to continuing to design and manufacture its own processors.

The quest to become a foundry is an expensive initiative that could have its costs defrayed by government support in the U.S. and Europe, but could be extremely lucrative if the semiconductor industry doubles in size over the next 10 years, as Intel has predicted.

During the quarter, Intel signed up the U.S. government as a foundry customer, Intel said.

Intel's gross margin during the quarter was 56%, up 2.9% year-over-year. It also saw growth in its internet of things group, which increased 54% to $1 billion, and Mobileye, its automotive chip subsidiary, which grew 39% to $326 million.

Intel CFO George Davis announced plans to retire in May 2022.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Sentiment around Intel's earnings report is overwhelming negative.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/22/intel-fa...-next.html

How come you seem to have unlimited capital to invest?

(23-10-2021, 02:11 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  How come you seem to have unlimited capital to invest?

I have 1. Dividends to reinvest 2. I sold all my  Nanofilm@$4.3 when they announced disappointing news.

I am still looking for good investments for my cash.

I have been looking to buy Intel because I believe their self driving tech developed under MobileEye is worth alot more  in the future. ...Intel can just re-list it on the market  and get billions....analysts are worried about its cashflow for nothing. 

The chip business is a also on the cusp of accelerated growth 

Despite the near term issues the company is well positioned.

Purchased but I made a slight mistake with the entry point and missed the intraday bottom and paid bit more....its late I have stayed up all night to get a bite. Could not optimise all aspects of the trade.

Anyway i plan to keep for some time. Market threw me a good price today to get in....waited for months for this chance.

[Image: 3uBZus7.jpg]

(23-10-2021, 01:02 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes I am looking for an opportunity to get in....
[Image: teeV5Pf.jpg]

buy buy buy.. this is an old man stock.. need to hold for some years.

(23-10-2021, 02:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I have 1. Dividends to reinvest 2. I sold all my  Nanofilm@$4.3 when they announced disappointing news.

I have been looking to buy Intel because I believe their self driving tech developed under MobileEye is worth alot more  in the future. ...Intel can just re-list it on the market  and get billions....analysts are worried about its cashflow for nothing. 

this push down is manipulated by the big boys to get more cheap cheap imo

(23-10-2021, 03:03 AM)happyharvest Wrote:  buy buy buy.. this is an old man stock.. need to hold for some years.
Those who think it's an "old" tech fail to see how Intel is position in all new disruptive industries...from IoT 5G to EV ...Intel control key technologies jn these new areas.

(23-10-2021, 03:09 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Those who think it's an "old" tech fail to see how Intel is position in all new disruptive industries...from IoT 5G to EV ...Intel control key technologies jn these new areas.

what i meant is the stock is like an old man.. don't move much.. move slowly.. so need to wait for years before can see result.. need some catalyst to wake it up

(23-10-2021, 03:23 AM)happyharvest Wrote:  what i meant is the stock is like an old man.. don't move much.. move slowly.. so need to wait for years before can see result.. need some catalyst to wake it up

Alot of Tech investors like to cheong Telsa & Palanthir, Space etc as these are considered hyped future technology.

Companies like Intel & Cisco are practically ignored....last few years.

But once you look at their finances and valuation its all quite solid....but investors consider them "disrupted " and "yesterday" ...and gurus like Cathie Wood is like new pipe piper leading investors to newfangled stocks.

I never try to  follow or think like others ..I like to dig in these companies to see is there are pot of gold.in them....and in Intel I find plenty....despite the "narrative" they are losing to AMD & TSMC. Investors are not considering the full picture.

1. Semicond demand wil double in next few years and Intel is well placed....thus is the wind blowing in the right direction.

2. It invested in a key EV technology called Mobile Eye for 15B a few yrs ago ...it si worth 35B now but this will prove to be an excellent investment ...many EV and car companies will have to license its technology to compete with Tesla. 

3. The return of Gelsinger as CEO to change mind set from short term quarterly to long term strategy. Intel is very well placed and hold key technologies what it needs is long term strategy to be in place to grow its strength. ...not short term wall street expectations.

I waited quite a few months for a chance to buy and it came yesterday.

28th Oct is the new launch for 12th Gen Intel Alder lake CPU....
Say until got dragon got phoneix better than Zen3...
Can support DDR5 Ram and PCI5e slot.... Rotfl
The speed performance hit 30,000 benchmark but AMD Single CPU high performance CPU already hit 46000 benchmark this year...

[Image: Screenshot-20211023-104623-Samsung-Internet.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

This year intel I9 CPU benchmark.

[Image: Screenshot-20211023-104952-Samsung-Internet.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(23-10-2021, 10:41 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  28th Oct is the new launch for 12th Gen Intel Alder lake CPU....
Say until got dragon got phoneix better than Zen3...
Can support DDR5 Ram and PCI5e slot.... Rotfl

I am not buying because of these near term hype and squirmishes with AMD. There is no such thing as AMD defeating Intel or the other way around because neither have capacity to supply entire market. Whether the Intel new processor is better or worse it just means it sells at a appropriate price until demand matches supply. All the hype is just to stir demand to get better pricing.

All these don't matter in the long run. Such CPU research and architectural lead  will change hands all  the time. Neither has any significant advantage over the other. For a while RISC based architecture were superior to Intel but disappeared as they lack compatibility and all the players had no manufacturing depending on TSMC   .

The main news from the report for me is Intel foundry growth ..it will be a 2 horse race in a few years ...Intel and TSMC both will share the market as neither is going for a winner takes all strategy.

Short term Intel will report lower margins and poorer cashflow as in ramps up investments....that is why investors want out....but if one looks beyond...that is another matter. It is very attractive.

Apple M1 chip is also another candidate saying their cpu until got dragon got phoneix too.
Dont waste $$$ buying low performance CPU with expensive price tag.

[Image: Screenshot-20211023-105725-Samsung-Internet.jpg]

This year Apple comes out M1 pro and M1 Max CPU.
Let see the CPU benchmark, once I have the update, I will post it later.

(23-10-2021, 10:59 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Apple M1 chip is also another candidate saying their cpu until got dragon got phoneix too.
Dont waste $$$ buying low performance CPU with expensive price tag.

[Image: Screenshot-20211023-105725-Samsung-Internet.jpg]

Apple chip is not X86 so leaves out  a massive part of market

Apple also has no foundry  so will depend on TSMC or Intel to make the chips

A comprehensive assessment of Intel.
But the analysis misses some of the points I brought up.

Just some food for thought.
Look at the monthly chart for intel( each bar is 1 month)

Intel has fallen for 7months to reach yesterday's price....and before that it rose for 5 months to reach a peak.

Well investors' view of the stock is always a mixed bag in the near term of several months changing as they go  along.

But the current CEO positions for the long term so if one were to invest it only make sense for the long haul.

Last Friday investors viewed the stock negatively and sold heavily..and pundits came out on TV to slam the company.

Today they may change mind and start buying...who knows...

[Image: 1f1vevL.jpg]

Further drop

Just snapshot

[Image: rdZiLf5.jpg]

(23-10-2021, 02:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I have 1. Dividends to reinvest 2. I sold all my  Nanofilm@$4.3 when they announced disappointing news.

Intel to take Mobile-eye public this is one of the most exciting  IPOs coming. The licensing of Mobileeye tech will explode in coming months.... every car maker that is lagging behind in self driving needs to license this to be competitive. The technology is way ahead of Tesla.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/12/06/intel-...next-year/

Stock is up sharply before market opens.

[Image: UJZlJ4i.jpg]

(07-12-2021, 05:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Stock is up sharply before market opens.

Not bad 7% bear fruits, can sell n divert funds to battered China stock

(07-12-2021, 05:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Stock is up sharply before market opens.

my long term target is 100++

(07-12-2021, 05:18 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Not bad 7% bear fruits, can sell n divert funds to battered China stock

It's more than 10%; but I am not interested in taking this type of gains. Its not why I invested in Intel.

Anyway the CEO is smart. They should have brought him in earlier. The tide is turning and there us clear vision going ahead.

Motley Fool assesses the discrete graphics card markeg to be pretty significant.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/01/0...nd-nvidia/

Going to drop Liao after AMD latest chip announcement…. Can also dump Nvidia stock.

The latest AMD R9 6900Hx CPU will have a APU similiar to GTX 1650 performance.
Totally no need to buy graphic card if you are not a serious gamer.

Intel 12th Gen I-GPU(Intel UHD 770)is half the performance of GTX 1650 card but better than GT 1030 card.

https://youtu.be/3RxnL_hdWpY

The graphic card that I bought AMD RX 6600 8G is double the performance of GTX 1650.