JB-SG RTS Link a key bilateral project that will accelerate regional connectivity

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/opinion...e=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ao_bt_alwayson_traffic_native_01jan24&utm_content=sg&utm_term=fy24priority&utm_id=Philstar+%28Philstar%29&dicbo=v4-mwUmw3D-1131256230

No wonder now the Msia side near City Square below a lot of construction so it is for RTS link. It is running quite close parallel to existing KTM train station.

Now Msia got e-gate, I strongly advised frequent travellers to Msia using public transport to waste one day register so subsequently can use. Just make sure the day before you go into JB, do the online registration which I never do so on the spot hunt for wifi. JB CIQ no free wifi btw so you need to go beg like a beggar and pray some kind soul allow you to hotspot and do. Think of it like last time white card you fill in before you go into Msia customs but in digital (online) format. Come back also same and I have also accidentally tested the e-gate meant for Msians we Sporeans also can use. But you smart a bit lar no queue then do got queue wait the Jiuhu kia and Jiuhu bu scold you block them from fast entry.

My MRT and HK MTR will develop a joint economic hub near the rts site. It'll soon be a boom town

(03-01-2024, 02:28 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  My MRT and HK MTR will develop a joint economic hub near the rts site. It'll soon be a boom town

You mean HK train will somehow travel all the way to connect to Msia train station and vice versa?!?!

(03-01-2024, 02:59 PM)sgh Wrote:  You mean HK train will somehow travel all the way to connect to Msia train station and vice versa?!?!

I dun hv the details just aware of their jt efforts to develop that area.

Many SGreans and investors already give JB a pass liao....that branding "Malaysia Truly Asia" stinks across many generations and across the world.

The only *Hope* left is for Johor to come under management by SG gov. Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

Many Johorian will takes mrt to work in SG.

As for shopping in JB, my guess is increase in daily shoppers. But not in great volume. 

Nothing special over there, besides the exchange rate. But the Johorian shops will raise the price too, so not much difference for low prices expenditure. 

Property sales will not be increasing too. Because the underlying value for ROI is the same. Political stability, government changing policies in Malaysia will remains status quo. Not favourable for Singaporean buyers.

(03-01-2024, 03:33 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Many Johorian will takes mrt to work in SG.

As for shopping in JB, my guess is increase in daily shoppers. But not in great volume. 

Nothing special over there, besides the exchange rate. But the Johorian shops will raise the price too, so not much difference for low prices expenditure. 

Property sales will not be increasing too. Because the underlying value for ROI is the same. Political stability, government changing policies in Malaysia will remains status quo. Not favourable for Singaporean buyers.

JPO aka Johor Premium Outlets got branded shops. I go there buy Nike on offer odd sizes MYR 149, 159 and then another 30% convert is about $30+ SGD for a pair of Nike shoes! I never wear branded sports shoes until now I know why it is a premium really got difference and as I ages I need to protect my feet. My second pair is Airmax dunno which model and now I really know got difference to those say unbranded sports shoes like Slazenger, Bata etc. Spore IMM Nike also got offer but the JPO got more selection as I guess local Msians even on offer also cannot afford unless earn SGD. Down there JPO mostly foreigners and a lot of sinkies like me go there spend monies. The Malay sales ppl there all can talk English no problem. Levis is buy 3 free 1 after convert to SGD worth it but I not Levis fan.

What regional connectivity? Only one stop🤣🤣🤣

(03-01-2024, 04:44 PM)sgh Wrote:  JPO aka Johor Premium Outlets got branded shops. I go there buy Nike on offer odd sizes MYR 149, 159 and then another 30% convert is about $30+ SGD for a pair of Nike shoes! I never wear branded sports shoes until now I know why it is a premium really got difference and as I ages I need to protect my feet. My second pair is Airmax dunno which model and now I really know got difference to those say unbranded sports shoes like Slazenger, Bata etc. Spore IMM Nike also got offer but the JPO got more selection as I guess local Msians even on offer also cannot afford unless earn SGD. Down there JPO mostly foreigners and a lot of sinkies like me go there spend monies. The Malay sales ppl there all can talk English no problem. Levis is buy 3 free 1 after convert to SGD worth it but I not Levis fan.

Take mrt to JB, only go City Sq..🤣

(03-01-2024, 05:08 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Take mrt to JB, only go City Sq..🤣

It all depend what you want to buy lar. Most ppl go City Square, Komtar (just besides City Square) and then opposite Komtar got haidilao pay in MYR convert to SGD cheap but the dancing waitress skills not so good at least the day I was there. Spore ones can dance better from the TikTok I see. So it is the good Msian waitress go Spore earn SGD the mediocre stay behind in JB earn MYR.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

Look like almost ready..

https://youtu.be/KT896S1f1RI?si=B9kYv-aC9gijUC5O

(03-01-2024, 05:12 PM)sgh Wrote:  It all depend what you want to buy lar. Most ppl go City Square, Komtar (just besides City Square) and then opposite Komtar got haidilao pay in MYR convert to SGD cheap but the dancing waitress skills not so good at least the day I was there. Spore ones can dance better from the TikTok I see. So it is the good Msian waitress go Spore earn SGD the mediocre stay behind in JB earn MYR.

Not only for dancers. 
Most eateries chef or cooks in Singapore are from Malaysia. Especially the Chinese Malaysian. 

In Singapore, you have Malaysia food court too...
You can tell the difference when they speaking. Most are Chinese Malaysian. 😊

In SG kopitiam/hawker center, you can see job poster 新马 applications all are welcome.

(03-01-2024, 09:02 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Look like almost ready..

https://youtu.be/KT896S1f1RI?si=B9kYv-aC9gijUC5O

Construction of the Johor Bahru-Singapore Rapid Transit System Link across the Strait of Johor has crossed the 50 per cent mark on both sides
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/opinion...e=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ao_bt_alwayson_traffic_native_01jan24&utm_content=sg&utm_term=fy24priority&utm_id=Malay+Mail+%28Media+Works+Sdn+Bhd%29&dicbo=v4-9LlPksx-1131256230
[+] 1 user Likes Tee tiong huat's post

(03-01-2024, 09:08 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Not only for dancers. 
Most eateries chef or cooks in Singapore are from Malaysia. Especially the Chinese Malaysian. 

In Singapore, you have Malaysia food court too...
You can tell the difference when they speaking. Most are Chinese Malaysian. 😊

In SG kopitiam/hawker center, you can see job poster 新马 applications all are welcome.

There is true during my times lah. Now more China cooks. My house kopishop tzi char confirmed China. Also a small eatery also becuz hear their accent. The advantage jiuhu kia cooks is under competition

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/sin...on-3481141

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

More options for consumers, though F&B, retail and housing may face pressure not since MRT first build.

(03-01-2024, 01:56 PM)sgh Wrote:  No wonder now the Msia side near City Square below a lot of construction so it is for RTS link. It is running quite close parallel to existing KTM train station.

Now Msia got e-gate, I strongly advised frequent travellers to Msia using public transport to waste one day register so subsequently can use. Just make sure the day before you go into JB, do the online registration which I never do so on the spot hunt for wifi. JB CIQ no free wifi btw so you need to go beg like a beggar and pray some kind soul allow you to hotspot and do. Think of it like last time white card you fill in before you go into Msia customs but in digital (online) format. Come back also same and I have also accidentally tested the e-gate meant for Msians we Sporeans also can use. But you smart a bit lar no queue then do got queue wait the Jiuhu kia and Jiuhu bu scold you block them from fast entry.

City SQ own by GIC la. Build train below it very natural