Jamus Lim: Even the hardest-working MP may not get an opportunity

Jamus Lim: Even the hardest-working MP may not get an opportunity to meet every single one of their residents

https://theindependent.sg/jamus-lim-even...residents/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

If got such an mp, he will be the next PM

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(27-04-2024, 07:50 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  If got such an mp, he will be the next PM

honestly, did our PM (LKY/LHL) personally attend the MPS?

At lease he try and not act blur
[+] 1 user Likes Cmpunk's post

I prefer PEH and LTK..
Always walking around HG and AJ. Especially on weekends.

Even LBW also commonly spotted on weekends in Yishun and Kahtib. Mingling with residents.

These are the really good ex MP that people respect. 👏

All gone in the wind..haiz.

(27-04-2024, 08:19 AM)moonrab Wrote:  I prefer PEH and LTK..
Always walking around HG and AJ. Especially on weekends.

Even LBW also commonly spotted on weekends in Yishun and Kahtib. Mingling with residents.

These are the really good ex MP that people respect. 👏

All gone in the wind..haiz.
Good durians kena eaten up first

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

Actually he's not wrong. I prefer my MP not come to bother me and knock on my door etc. If I need his help, I will find him.
[+] 2 users Like starbugs's post

Residents is their pay must gook luck knock door mah

☝️

MP need to improve on what is outside the house, not inside the house.

So if a good MP spend at least a good 1 hr walking around his ward for 5 days a week to any potential problems, it's good enough.

Ppl who need help would be able to find him easily and seek his help.

But how many MP really do that?? While I dun like TPL for going in parliament via piggybag, but at least she is well like by the ppl in her ward coz she bother to walk around and listen to the old folks in her ward. For that, kudos to her.

For me, I only see my MP during those celebrations. Hardly see him walking around..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(27-04-2024, 10:24 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Good durians kena eaten up first

Pritam's fault?

(27-04-2024, 12:38 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Pritam's fault?

Who knows maybe 🤔

☝️

(27-04-2024, 12:40 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:   Who knows maybe 🤔

Rumours clash between Minority and Chinese members...
Some accused the Chinese is racist. So bouy song..

(27-04-2024, 07:43 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Jamus Lim: Even the hardest-working MP may not get an opportunity to meet every single one of their residents

https://theindependent.sg/jamus-lim-even...residents/

I always stay away from my MP leh! Big Grin Whenever got MP visits I will not come home until late night lah!

(27-04-2024, 07:50 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  If got such an mp, he will be the next PM

He didn't seem to understand the PWM and WIS, and kept pushing for minimum wage. How to be PM? 

Don't just suck up for the sake of opposing.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(27-04-2024, 10:30 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Actually he's not wrong. I prefer my MP not come to bother me and knock on my door etc. If I need his help, I will find him.

No need to go from block to block and floor by floor to knock on every door. Most peepur are doing okay and don't need help. If the MP tries to find needy peepur this way, it's not effective and efficient. It's a high input low output ratio.

Organising community activities is one way of engaging the residents.

He should have a network of helpers to keep in touch with the grapevine which will zero in on peepur who need help like the 15 year old girl who lives in a market stall.

The worst thing is those plp helpers who show the MP a nice picture, clean up a place specially before he arrives, and the MP thinks that all is fine. These type of grassroot helpers should be fired.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(27-04-2024, 10:30 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Actually he's not wrong. I prefer my MP not come to bother me and knock on my door etc. If I need his help, I will find him.

If the MP comes alone, I would welcome him, not the whole group of advance party kepo around!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(27-04-2024, 01:03 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Rumours clash between Minority and Chinese members...
Some accused the Chinese is racist. So bouy song..

I see
Last time wp belongs to minority member 
Looks like hopeless now

☝️

(27-04-2024, 02:32 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  I see
Last time wp belongs to minority member 
Looks like hopeless now

Yes!

WP flourish after LTK years of effort in HG. Visiting all wakes, bonding with Teochew residents. His down to earth and humble character touched many supporters.
Took a huge risk to walk out of his ironclad HG into AJ constituent, leading WP to win the first GRC...

THAT is real leadership!!!
Not everyday pin pointing who is racist in Singapore. Chey!!!!

Today WP can balek kampung la..pui!
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

So long as there are 15 or 20 more changes to put locals first, where there is a huge difference between New FTs in the first 7 years compared with PRs, my PM don’t come or my MP is a total stranger, it does not matter.