Japan is No.1 fav destination for S'pore tourist...

Many Singaporeans love going to Japan. I am not sure why as I have not been there. Can't be the food because you can easily get Japanese food in Singapore like Sushi Express. Probably the scenery. I am not really into scenery so unlikely to spend money to go all the way there just too look at trees and mountains.

Could be due to Japan Hour which we have been watching for 30yrs all the eccentric nooks and corners present and interesting side of the country.

[Image: HaVnbDs.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

That is because China doesn't allow tourists to go.

Expensive country to visit
Nice scenery is Mount fuji

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(10-07-2022, 10:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Many Singaporeans love going to Japan. I am not sure why as I have not been there. Can't be the food because you can easily get Japanese food in Singapore like Sushi Express. Probably the scenery. I am not really into scenery so unlikely to spend money to go all the way there just too look at trees and mountains.

Could be due to Japan Hour which we have been watching for 30yrs all the eccentric nooks and corners present and interesting side of the country.

It's basically a more expensive version of Thailand. Their marketing skills are very good and know how to package very ordinary attractions and products / services into something unique. The polite hospitality together with their kawaii and anime culture appeals to a lot of overseas people.

Following the rapid depreciation of the JPY, it's becoming very cheap these days, so not surprising many Singaporeans are heading there. I have heard from Singaporeans who have lived there on longer term as expats that Japan is a good place for tourism but a bad place for long stays / permanent residence though.

(10-07-2022, 10:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Many Singaporeans love going to Japan. I am not sure why as I have not been there. Can't be the food because you can easily get Japanese food in Singapore like Sushi Express. Probably the scenery. I am not really into scenery so unlikely to spend money to go all the way there just too look at trees and mountains.

Make a trip there and you will understand why. 
Been to Toyoko, Osaka, Kyoto and Hokkaido on a free & easy self tour. Tokoyo been there 3 times.

Food prepared in Japan and Singapore is not the same. The civic consciousness of the Jap will make an impression and the attentions to details and thoughtfulness for guest will make any stay memorable. Their service staff work attics will make consumer feel good but the workers themselves may be miserable and hid it well or really

because we cannot go china for tour due to covid.

Sushi Express is from Taiwan. Not authentic Japanese food.  Laughing

1 Japanese Yen equals 0.010 Singapore Dollar. Travel by transit is a cheaper way.

Japan is also the no 1 fav source of AVs for sinkies!

it says only Favourite....Not TOP NUMBER 1 Favourite.

gaypanda will never go lah…if go he will turn into a syonan Rotfl

Heard the hotel rooms are very small and not soundproof, you can hear people talking in other rooms

This is the main reason. I would choose Japan and not China.

[Image: Screenshot-2022-07-10-124916.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-07-10-125101.jpg]

Japan is no longer the expensive place it used to be. Their prices haven't changed much in 20 years and what's more JPY is near all time now to SGD. Japanese ramen in JP is now about half price what we pay in SG.

The reason Sporeans like to go Japan is because we used to be Japan’s colony, correct?

(10-07-2022, 12:23 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Japan is also the no 1 fav source of AVs for sinkies!

Go there to see aV?  Tongue

Some places are nice but some are not.

(10-07-2022, 12:57 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  The reason Sporeans like to go Japan is because we used to be Japan’s colony, correct?

奴性难改 Laughing

(10-07-2022, 12:52 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Heard the hotel rooms are very small and not soundproof, you can hear people talking in other rooms

Most of them are small and they charge by person. Not worth by package. But it is hard to book individually if you don’t have friends there or don’t stay there long.

Some go for the sea food and skiing.

Iz Pinky s favourite country to chillax, mebbe bcos his laubu oso like. His in-laws are from tiongkok but we neber hear of him visiting the country. Think Japan is a safer country to relax as the locals there boh chup him.

[Image: 5-AEA894-A-ECE0-432-B-B124-958-EC9-B0-BB51.jpg]

[Image: 94-D94-E9-C-9-BAD-4-BF1-BD3-E-7-B87-F585827-B.jpg]

[Image: 5-B1019-A4-0-E0-D-472-D-BA9-D-C7-E0-B23-A4-BD0.jpg]

[Image: E4-F9-F522-DF83-4-D40-82-F7-E08-E859-F6993.jpg]

[Image: 6-C0-CC466-5-A95-4-A68-AD73-E40-CF0-AD33-A9.jpg]

[Image: 8-D103-B23-5984-48-C7-BE43-4585973-F2497.jpg]

[Image: D9-E119-E6-077-F-4132-9-ECF-667-EB414-CDAB.jpg]

the 1st they exclaimed when arrive at airport toilet is the dryness n cleanliness.

(10-07-2022, 10:57 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  It's basically a more expensive version of Thailand. Their marketing skills are very good and know how to package very ordinary attractions and products / services into something unique. The polite hospitality together with their kawaii and anime culture appeals to a lot of overseas people.

Following the rapid depreciation of the JPY, it's becoming very cheap these days, so not surprising many Singaporeans are heading there. I have heard from Singaporeans who have lived there on longer term as expats that Japan is a good place for tourism but a bad place for long stays / permanent residence though.
Agreed!

If want majestic scenery visit China - Jiuzhaigou Zhangjiajie Huangshan Huashan Huanglong Tienshan Inner Mongolia and if interested in peach/plum/cheery blossoms China offers even better views than Japan! Temples? Heritage sites? China's more superior! It's like comparing the churches in US to those in Italy! Or if you are anti China Switzerland or even New Zealand offer more superior scenery!

True China not as good as Japan in promoting its heritage! I had the impression that China was backward then but boy were I wrong! Talk about modern cities - many cities in China are more technological advanced than Singapore even those heritage sites amenities are easily accessible. I visited Leshan wow you won't believe the 6* hotels available and at affordable price!

(10-07-2022, 11:58 AM)winbig Wrote:  Sushi Express is from Taiwan. Not authentic Japanese food.  Laughing
I went to Taiwan once they seem to like Japanese culture alot

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(11-07-2022, 08:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I went to Taiwan once they seem to like Japanese culture alot

They are used to it. They were ruled by the Japanese for a century. Imported a lot of Japanese culture during that period.

Yup, it is number one place for me too... please open free and easy for us.