Straits Times : STTA has to import foreigners if they want medals

(04-08-2021, 07:03 PM)amata Wrote:  Thanks to Syonan Times to keep spitting rubbish on our table tennis team over the years.

u living in the 1940s?….day and night syonan this syonan that…old and useless dog like u better go to one corner and lick ur own ass

(04-08-2021, 06:27 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I think it is the other way round.. Countries sent their best athletes to US for training, just like JS... If the athlete with proven track record or potential decided to give their citizenship and take on US citizenship, then they represent US..

Our is different, we go China to identify/beg/borrow/steal potential candidates and pump in money to train them in Singapore, also beg they to take up citizenship (which most didn't)..

One is athlete willingly give up and take a new citizenship (US), one is beg athlete to take up citizenship (Singapore)..

For table tennis, the Americans do import Chinese players. Just like many other countries do.

(07-08-2021, 03:31 PM)Levin Wrote:  For table tennis, the Americans do import Chinese players. Just like many other countries do.

I supposed you are referring to Juan Liu? The link below briefly described her background.

She is with China national team from 2001 to 2006, and then migrated to USa in 2011 and started representing USa..

The main diff with our is China had already trained her up, USa sort of got her developed skills for free when she migrated, which is inline with what I said earlier "If the athlete with proven track record or potential decided to give their citizenship and take on US citizenship, then they represent US".

Compare this we go China to identify/beg/borrow/steal potential candidates and pump in money to train them in Singapore.

1 thing I have to correct myself for a mistake made in my earlier post "also beg they to take up citizenship (which most didn't)..".  To represent Singapore, one has to be attained citizenship, so they did take up.. But just to refresh everyone's memory... Of the 3 big names (Feng Tianwei, Li Jiawei and Wang Yuegu) from the FST policy, 2 of them left Singapore after retirement from table tennis.. Will Feng Tianwei do the same after retirement, we shall see..

https://udn.com/news/story/122349/5625972

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Until day, still can't produce a locally born player. Go kill yourself and stop wasting money.
[+] 1 user Likes Kgliangp's post

(07-08-2021, 06:49 AM)pervertosan Wrote:  u living in the 1940s?….day and night syonan this syonan that…old and useless dog like u better go to one corner and lick ur own ass

You ill-bred syonan bitch din know 狗改不了吃屎? Big Grin

No matter 1940 or 2040, you ill-bred syonan bitch would forever serve as a pervert mamasan to lick and suck.  Big Grin 

Once born to syonan mentality, you bitch have to lick goat balls and suck jpenis forever, bitchsan,  认命吧! Big Grin

(07-08-2021, 05:30 PM)Kgliangp Wrote:  Until day, still can't produce a locally born player.  Go kill yourself and stop wasting money.

Buy players also lose. Really lousy.

(07-08-2021, 05:32 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Buy players also lose. Really lousy.

Buy players also can lose cos most countries buy China players in table tennis. So it is the Chinese vs Chinese, only this is which Chinese player is better in competition..... Clapping Clapping

(07-08-2021, 05:30 PM)‘amata Wrote:  You ill-bred syonan bitch din know 狗改不了吃屎? Big Grin

No matter 1940 or 2040, you ill-bred syonan bitch would forever serve as a pervert mamasan to lick and suck.  Big Grin 

Once born to syonan mentality, you bitch have to lick goat balls and suck jpenis forever, bitchsan,  认命吧! Big Grin

useless old ccp dog…faster go to visit mao in hell

(07-08-2021, 05:12 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I supposed you are referring to Juan Liu? The link below briefly described her background.

She is with China national team from 2001 to 2006, and then migrated to USa in 2011 and started representing USa..

The main diff with our is China had already trained her up, USa sort of got her developed skills for free when she migrated, which is inline with what I said earlier "If the athlete with proven track record or potential decided to give their citizenship and take on US citizenship, then they represent US".

Compare this we go China to identify/beg/borrow/steal potential candidates and pump in money to train them in Singapore.

1 thing I have to correct myself for a mistake made in my earlier post "also beg they to take up citizenship (which most didn't)..".  To represent Singapore, one has to be attained citizenship, so they did take up.. But just to refresh everyone's memory... Of the 3 big names (Feng Tianwei, Li Jiawei and Wang Yuegu) from the FST policy, 2 of them left Singapore after retirement from table tennis.. Will Feng Tianwei do the same after retirement, we shall see..

https://udn.com/news/story/122349/5625972

AFAIK, all table tennis athletes approached by the countries have been "trained up" as they are at least provincial athletes. And they are very good players relative to the world's players. Just that in China, the competition is extreme and it is not easy for most of them to break into the national team. It is up to the athletes to decide fi they want to migrate to the countries to play at the international level which they won't get if they remain in China.

They are quite a few Chinese-born players playing for USA since the 1990s. I think the most famous is 庄永祥。