KNN: CPF MediSave Basic Healthcare Sum raised again

CPF MediSave Basic Healthcare Sum raised to $66k in 2022: What it means for you

If you've been doom scrolling the news lately, you might have noticed that the CPF Basic Healthcare Sum has been raised to $66,000 to 2022.

Of all the CPF thing amajigs we're supposed to understand, the Basic Healthcare Sum is one of the least known and, frankly, the least cared about. But it's really not that complicated, and knowing how it affects your CPF savings gives you just a little bit more control over your financial planning.

https://www.asiaone.com/money/cpf-medisa...-means-you

Laughing

Dun wanna see dun wanna know …. its a marathon with no finish line … just know that "we are fugged"

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

There is an upside to the BHS being raised: you can top up to reduce taxable income if your SA already reached FRS.

Lots of chatter on facebook etc on doing the $3000 top up in Jan. However, you should do it before your company credits the monthly CPF in Jan (usually before 20th of the month).

Quote:You can voluntarily top up your MediSave account if you want. This isn't a completely stupid idea, as MediSave rates are a sky high 4 per cent right now-at the moment, no high interest savings accounts will give you anything close to that rate.

From Jan 2, 2022, the maximum you can top up your MediSave account will be:

Basic Healthcare Sum ($66,000) minus your current MediSave balance = Amount you can top up

So, if you are 38 years old and have $14,000 in your MediSave account right now, you can top up another $52,000.

Medical costs go up, health insurance go up a great deal

https://www.aia.com.sg/en/life-matters/m...apore.html
[+] 2 users Like lvlrsSTI's post

Bingo right on target on my body language reading
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/infohub/ne...m-for-2022😰

They must make sure you have enough to pay yr insurance till your last breath . As yr balance reduces, lesser expenses for the Gov to pay interest.😄

(05-01-2022, 05:19 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  They must make sure you have enough to pay yr insurance till your last breath  . As yr balance reduces, lesser expenses for the Gov to pay interest.😄

Sigh...

sg really difficult to live in.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

(05-01-2022, 05:40 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  sg really difficult to live in.

Can die cannot get sick. crying
You still don’t know meh….

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-01-2022, 04:54 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Medical costs go up, health insurance go up a great deal

Just noticed that my recent hospital consultation by a junior doc cost $38 (after subsidy).
This is $3 more than the previous $35 or an 8.57% price increase.

Guess private sector will increase even more. Eg I was shocked to hear a relative paying $2K for his wisdom tooth extraction.
Mine was done at Mt E in the mid or late 1990s at around $320+ for each side (pair) - surgery type extraction as mine was impacted. 
Heard another fren got her normal (non-wisdom) tooth extracted recently for $1.7K.

(05-01-2022, 07:16 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Just noticed that my recent hospital consultation by a junior doc cost $38 (after subsidy).

Guess private sector will increase even more. Eg I was shocked to hear a relative paying $2K for his wisdom tooth extraction.
Mine was done at Mt E in the mid or late 1990s at around $320+ for each side (pair) - surgery type extraction as mine was impacted. 
Heard another fren got her normal (non-wisdom) tooth extracted recently for $1.7K.

Just tie a string on the door and pull, the tooth will come out, it costs you nothing. Laughing

(05-01-2022, 07:16 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Just noticed that my recent hospital consultation by a junior doc cost $38 (after subsidy).

Got so many rich ppl.
You can go poly dental clinic to get referral, got about 70% discount but waiting time very long…. Rotfl

My wisdom tooth extraction is like normal extraction…. Not expensive at all. The dentist said I am very lucky, wisdom tooth can be removed easily.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

If non wisdom is so X ,why not use the money on replacing it with crown?
[+] 1 user Likes Ernesto's post

(05-01-2022, 07:51 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Got so many rich ppl.
You can go poly dental clinic to get referral, got about 70% discount but waiting time very long…. Rotfl

My wisdom tooth extraction is like normal extraction…. Not expensive at all. The dentist said I am very lucky, wisdom tooth can be removed easily.

You must be very lucky as your dentist had said. Most wisdom tooth are angular impacted (like my case), and it will require surgery to cut the tooth into half b4 extraction.
A simple pulling using a string will definitely not work like wat MrsSTI suggested.
Worst will be those who has horizontal impaction, as the surgical removal will be more complex.

But was told jokingly by a dentist relative that those with impacted wisdom tooth are higher up on the evolutionary scale as monkeys don't have impacted wisdom tooth problems as they have larger jaw bone. Laughing

https://www.harbourpointeoralsurgery.net...-problems/

https://www.oceandental.sg/impacted-wisdom-tooth/

(05-01-2022, 08:06 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  If non wisdom is so X ,why not use the money on replacing it with crown?

I am not sure on the details as I only briefly chatted with my fren over the phone.
I too think a non-wisdom tooth extraction should be simple and don't cost much - MrsSti string method should work too.

But I suspect the higher cost should be due to a badly decayed tooth where the roots broke off during the "simple" pulling and thus require additional surgery for their removal.
The dental clinic visited by her is just a "normal" one that one can find in many HDB estates or malls.