LTA says showing balance value slows down the process. Will bank follow?

Now bank can say the same thing? We won’t show you your account balance as it will slows down the banking process?i

Nonsense…😂
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

First world country status producing third world standard!
Keep implementing system penalizing its residents.Black also twist to look white and actually still not white but yet majority still vote for them that they are the 'best'.
No wonder the it is written," The days are evil".
[+] 1 user Likes Ernesto's post

Don’t be surprise new citizen from DBS follows lor.

Might as well auto detect from simply go app downloaded when go through gates

Saves time placing card on gate reader which don’t show balance left.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(13-01-2024, 11:22 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Nonsense…😂

Agree, I too think that the LTA is really giving a crap reply.
Computer DRAM is so cheap nowadays. Even if there are 20m accounts, all the balance figures can be cached in memory without having to access the disk storage.
Besides the existing physical cards (eg EZLink) can do it for the past 20-30 years (when servers were less powerful), so why shouldn't a newer tech be able to display the balance?
[+] 1 user Likes sgxin's post

Sadly we are in the last phase. 

[Image: EyRq1UVWUAIjjSM.jpg]

Complain got use mah.. You either vote the shit out of them, or stop taking public transport

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(13-01-2024, 02:11 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Complain got use mah.. You either vote the shit out of them, or stop taking public transport
I’m doing the latter for the last 20 years

Satellite ERP worse?

(13-01-2024, 11:19 AM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Now bank can say the same thing? We won’t show you your account balance as it will slows down the banking process?i

Banks invest a lot monies in infra, software etc to give you that convenience. LTA SimplyGo need to weigh the pros and cons if their system is to follow the bank way which is not cheap. So unless LTA can secure much higher funding from govt I think they are contented with current approach and as they mentioned.

Most ppl in IT line will know the cost especially recurring cost which is not cheap. So end of day in Hokkien terms LTA SimplyGo fist a bit tight at the moment as I believe they (aka LTA aka govt) got many other projects also ongoing need budget too.

(13-01-2024, 08:27 PM)sgh Wrote:  Banks invest a lot monies in infra, software etc to give you that convenience. LTA SimplyGo need to weigh the pros and cons if their system is to follow the bank way which is not cheap. So unless LTA can secure much higher funding from govt I think they are contented with current approach and as they mentioned.

Most ppl in IT line will know the cost especially recurring cost which is not cheap. So end of day in Hokkien terms LTA SimplyGo fist a bit tight at the moment as I believe they (aka LTA aka govt) got many other projects also ongoing need budget too.
Failure to plan then plan to fail. Wonder why was it even approved when the credit balance can be shown immediately. Real time data is outdated?

(13-01-2024, 08:32 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Failure to plan then plan to fail. Wonder why was it even approved when the credit balance can be shown immediately. Real time data is outdated?

My own opinion is budget is a major factor in this decision and it just didn't dawn upon the team just a simple request to display bus,mrt fare realtime is such a highly requested feature that they thought users aka customers will just bear with it and move on.

(13-01-2024, 08:35 PM)sgh Wrote:  My own opinion is budget is a major factor in this decision and it just didn't dawn upon the team just a simple request to display bus,mrt fare realtime is such a highly requested feature that they thought users aka customers will just bear with it and move on.
I thought LTA inside many ex regulars.
“You think, I thought, who confirm?!”

(13-01-2024, 08:37 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  I thought LTA inside many ex regulars.
“You think, I thought, who confirm?!”

It is also possible the approvers on the team don't take bus and mrt so they fail to see why is such a request so important to users. Notice they did not extend this to other motoring payments so I think they are testing water first with adult who take public transport as guinea pigs and I think they now get their results.