Video: Hiking to Ruins of a Former Hainan Village - Thomson Nature Park

Within the old Singapore Grand Prix circuit.

Is that the reason for 1 of the 2 old (now defunct) Hainanese cemeteries to be located nearby at the present Teacher's Estate.

(02-12-2021, 02:28 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Is that the reason for 1 of the 2 old (now defunct) Hainanese cemeteries to be located nearby at the present Teacher's Estate.

Only knew of one defunct Hylam cemetery at Bright Hill/Sin Ming area.

(02-12-2021, 03:05 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Only knew of one defunct Hylam cemetery at Bright Hill/Sin Ming area.

I have been there countless times... Big Grin

(02-12-2021, 03:26 PM)debono Wrote:  I have been there countless times... Big Grin

Are you a Sukeenang or related to any of the residents there.

(02-12-2021, 03:38 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Are you a Sukeenang or related to any of the residents there.

I am not a Sukeenang and have no relatives living there, I  go there as a brisk walking to get fit... Clapping

(02-12-2021, 03:26 PM)debono Wrote:  I have been there countless times... Big Grin

You must be much older than me. I've never visited the place but my granddad used to be buried there (Sin Ming) until it was acquired by the gov.

Was that place called Hylam Sua (Hananese forest or hill) before? I used to see a Hananese cemetery there but was exhumed about 40 years ago. I went there to see a Chinese mo-tan master before and was healed immediately just by a few scratched of a long needle along certain meridians on my back and arms..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(02-12-2021, 03:05 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Only knew of one defunct Hylam cemetery at Bright Hill/Sin Ming area.

According to my deceased grandma, there used to be a Hainan "New Hill" and "Old Hill". One of them should be the Teacher's Estate site. I don't know which is which, but the older cemeteries should logically be nearer to city.