Lawrence Wong: We must never let anti-foreigner sentiments take root here

(03-03-2022, 10:15 PM)Ola Wrote:  Singaporeans are Singaporeans

China people are China people

Do not be like PAP trying to confuse us when you cannot convince us.
Good point. The difference is where the heart belongs and your patriotism. That's why there is such thing called nationality, new citizens, PR, etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

(03-03-2022, 10:32 PM)Ola Wrote:  So WHY you hate Singaporeans so much?

WHAT did Singaporeans do wrong to you or your family for you to hate Singaporeans? 

Just because you are from China gave you such a right to hate Singaporeans?

What is your ulterior motive here in SGTALK? 

Singaporeans have so many Foreigners like you around to keep us busy with so many nonsense.

Your family? Big Grin

I guess you are the one who wants to kick out all Chinese in SG

https://images.livemint.com/rf/Image-621...veMint.jpg

Lawrence is elected by the People, work for the People and paid by the People.
He is merely a servant who works for his boss, the People.
When and how anti-foreigner sentiments take root, it is for the People to decide
[+] 2 users Like Dan's post

Do not be anti foreigner sentiment straight away, be responsible like wearing a mask?

A very sad Lawrence Wong knows little purpose about wearing a face mask..

So how much does he know about anti foreigner sentiment?

Maybe next to nothing or as much as wearing face mask
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(03-03-2022, 10:40 PM)CHAOS Wrote:  Your family? Big Grin

I guess you are the one who wants to kick out all Chinese in SG

https://images.livemint.com/rf/Image-621...veMint.jpg

China people like you are now resorting to lies

Why accuse me of kicking out China people

And why try to drag all Chinese people in your accusations?

You yourself hate Singaporeans in the first place by calling us names

If you hate Singaporeans, then why stir hatred in Singapore?

Just get lost, lah.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(03-03-2022, 09:19 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You're talking about decent job and reasonable life?
I wish to remind you that the median HH income of a Singaporean family is almost $10K a month.

Well, you talk about median HH income, then why don't you talk about cost of living as well..

Like what my example say, if got a choice, who want to be anti-foreigner..

40 years ago (1980-1990s), when Singapore economy is rosy, we also have foreigners then (Malaysian, or Thai for the construction industry etc), but did anti-foreigner segment become an issue then? No.. Because everyone has a decent job and reasonable life, they don't mind sharing with the foreigners.

Just lip service saying not letting anti-foreigner sentiments take root here won't work.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 2 users Like ArielCasper's post

(04-03-2022, 07:43 AM)Ola Wrote:  China people like you are now resorting to lies

Why accuse me of kicking out China people

And why try to drag all Chinese people in your accusations?

You yourself hate Singaporeans in the first place by calling us names

If you hate Singaporeans, then why stir hatred in Singapore?

Just get lost, lah.

Try to divert our attention again? pls tell us your ancestors came from Indonesia or India first?  Big Grin

Once an idiot always an idiot

(04-03-2022, 08:40 AM)5354 Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen

For every jobless whiny little ccbai like ola

There are hundreds, not tens, perhaps thousands of born Singaporeans

Who are enjoying a happy and prosperous life in Singapore with good jobs, valuable homes, happy families

Thanks to PAP's FTAs and FTs who are willing to leave their homeland to come to Singapore

To contribute to Singapore's economy and prosper together

Dear LJ with no brain and a Hypocrite from Malaysia who love to tell lies

You are Correct as a 100% FULL Foreigner 

You came here to work in my country

That makes you a Robber too

Yet totally ungrateful to us

Never serve NS for Singapore

Yet give birth to a Retarded Moron Son who cannot serve NS

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(04-03-2022, 08:34 AM)5354 Wrote:  I know she thinks she got fcuked by CECAs so it is a possibility her offspring's ancestor came from India

Your Vietnamese wife got fcked by too many men at night 

Even your daughter now has a room for herself to open her legs for China men to be fcked like her mother

your wife got Covid from those men

Pass the covid virus to you

you must be happy

Thank you PAP for importing Vietnam prostitutes

(04-03-2022, 08:26 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  Try to divert our attention again? pls tell us your ancestors came from Indonesia or India first?  Big Grin

By asking this question, it shows you are indeed a Foreigner.

That is why I can say your China upbringing has an evil intent

Cannot blame me for hating China people like you

(04-03-2022, 08:56 AM)Ola Wrote:  By asking this question, it shows you are indeed a Foreigner.

That is why I can say your China upbringing has an evil intent

Cannot blame me for hating China people like you

Tell us why you hate China and Chinese so much?  Big Grin

(04-03-2022, 08:30 AM)5354 Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen

If you lost your job to another Singaporean like ola

And you failed to land a job 3 years after you lost your job

You think the problem is YOU or FTAs or FTs or PAP?

Get it?

Dear Malaysian Traitor

You leech our System

Took a course but never complete it

You make GST increase due to your selfish attitude

Just because you dare not take the exams

A Coward who is afraid of Failures

At the end, the course went to waste

You did not even complete your 6 MTHS probation as a cleaner in Healthcare

Quarreled with an uneducated CECA

Your fake NTU degree cannot even do better than him 

Your work attitude sucks

You got sacked?

PAP set all the policies and all the rules for this country.

By making us responsible for their policies and rules is making PM Lee look foolish.

Quote:Lawrence Wong: We must never let anti-foreigner sentiments take root here
So how like that? If he becomes PM how?....... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(04-03-2022, 09:11 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  PAP set all the policies and all the rules for this country.

By making us responsible for their policies and rules is making PM Lee look foolish.

Please! Look at their ACTIONS

Anything concrete or direct done in the past 7 years to stop such sentiments?

How many FTs removed?

NO, right? 

So PAP wants to build anti- Foreigners sentiments

They just love to wayang and talk cock

Dogs must earn their dog treats from their masters

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(03-03-2022, 09:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The govt policy of excessive  foreigner import causes Singapore to have highest living density in the world, stress over competition for jobs housing and services.

Out of this the frustration build up. Leading to negative sentiment.

The origin for any anti foreigner sentiment is pap policy.

If a father cannot get a job and every interview he sees 20 foreigners competing for the job he wants.

What kind of sentiment can we expect? It's human nature.

If our TFR were better, it would be 20 other locals competing with that father for the job.  As it is, it is 20 FTs.

Human nature is such that if the competitors are FTs, the locals will not say the TFR is too low but the government let FTs in to 'steal" his job.  If the competitors are locals, they will still find something to blame the government for not enforcing birth control.

(03-03-2022, 03:53 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Lawrence Wong: We must never let anti-foreigner sentiments take root here

https://theindependent.sg/lawrence-wong-...root-here/

I did not read the article, but I don't think Singaporeans are anti foreigners. Singaporeans just want a bit of pro citizens cos while both foreigners and native breath the same air, foreigners can pull out of SG without a care but native call this home.

Of course, to some elites they view that rootedness as native has no other choice so can bully and eat you alive... Lol
[+] 4 users Like Sticw's post

Never let those anti- Singaporeans sentiments to take root here.

Very dangerous

(05-03-2022, 02:50 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Never let those anti- Singaporeans sentiments to take root here.

Very dangerous

Why is 3G and 4G so anti- Citizens to us in the first place? 

By allowing the 7 UNLEVEL JOb PLAYING FIELD to even 21 Types of Direct/ Indirect job discrimination . . .  .

Their hatred for citizens is beyond understanding.

no body ask them to be here, they have to accept what local thinks, not happy get out. they are here for the money not here to mixed with us in the first place.

(04-03-2022, 08:29 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If our TFR were better, it would be 20 other locals competing with that father for the job.  As it is, it is 20 FTs.

Human nature is such that if the competitors are FTs, the locals will not say the TFR is too low but the government let FTs in to 'steal" his job.  If the competitors are locals, they will still find something to blame the government for not enforcing birth control.

If the competitors are locals, then we wouldn't be called anti-foreigner, xenophobic.. Maybe at most called racist (among the 4 official races in Singapore)..

Too bad we will never know since Sinkie land will never have 20 locals competition for the same job, unless you are talking about civil service.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Policy can be adjust time to time and case to case ?

The balance has been disturbed hence people are angry. Does he see people having such strong feelings in the past? If not, then it must be something that the govt did that have caused this.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(05-03-2022, 11:14 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  If the competitors are locals, then we wouldn't be called anti-foreigner, xenophobic.. Maybe at most called racist (among the 4 official races in Singapore)..

Too bad we will never know since Sinkie land will never have 20 locals competition for the same job, unless you are talking about civil service.

YES. This is the Singapore school system where we grew up with the 4 or 6 different nationalities.

My own ex- classmates have found a job in different professions ie lawyer, supply chain . . . . but I am never angry or jealous. When they ask me to check some things needed in their job, that is OK. I will do it! 

The situation has gone from bad to worst especially with 21 Types of Job Discrimination against citizens for no valid reasons.  The open floodgates has worsen this as the whole Dept in Civil Engineering can be all CECA!  Or like my friend's workplace, the whole IT Dept is CECA where in  both cases, happens to the largest Dept in the Company. 

Why do they come in such large numbers? Because of WANTS, not needs. Just like people say, some of them do not even need to work but merely act busy like PAP wayang. 

PAP is totally out- of-touch when they allow Unfettered Access using EP. Because when there is 1 vacancy, the India branch can submit 20 or 100 resumes for that position very easily because they have 500 or 1,000 headcount there and any of them, can be 90% Job Fit with the relevant Skills. It is merely Internal Transfer using EP where most of them are not talents!! 

They are nice people but that is not the issue.  It is PAP turning a blind eye to cause too much grievance.

(03-03-2022, 05:43 PM)debono Wrote:  The govt. had made a mistake in formulating this policy........it must quickly be resolved....

And how do you resolve it?

By putting more oppo MPs in right?

Right!  You buggers put RK in.

That's how you buggers resolve the issue(s).

(03-03-2022, 07:44 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Emperor ask Beggar King "How can I rest in peace if you still command such a large army of beggars"..

Beggar King replied "How large is my army doesn't depend on me, but on you my emperor. If everyone get to eat and lead a reasonable life, who want to be a beggar!!"

Putting that as a reply to LW, "How many anti-foreigner out there doesn't depend on us, but you my govt. If everyone get a decent job and lead a reasonable life, who want to be an anti-foreigner!!"

Interesting story that my son can understand, too.

From the comments I read and heard, it seems more like Anti- PaP sentiments has taken root. But they are indirectly chided us for causing hurt to their pets. 

This is like an avalance and it will not stop rolling due to nature.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(04-03-2022, 09:22 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  So how like that? If he becomes PM how?....... Thinking

We will be “liberated” with tons of fake FTs to steal all the good jobs.Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Like this, can?

Lee Kuan Yew described the Malaysian state of Johor, linked to Singapore by a causeway, as “notorious for shootings, muggings and carjackings”.

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking