Lawrence Wong on new restrictions: We do not expect numbers to come down at all

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...s-possibly

Mr Wong added that Singapore's approach to the latest restrictions is a much more targeted one.

For instance, the capacity limit for large events involving only fully vaccinated people remains unchanged at 1,000 attendees.

This is because such events pose a lower risk, and have not resulted in large transmission clusters, he said.

"We do not expect numbers to come down at all. In fact, they will continue to rise," Mr Wong noted.

"But hopefully at a slower rate than before, so that we can ride through this wave without overwhelming our healthcare system."

But even after the current wave of infections is past, Singapore is likely to see case numbers stabilise at a higher level than what the country has been used to so far.

"In other words, we are not going back to a scenario of low daily cases any more," Mr Wong added.

"It's not going to be possible because we are moving forward, to learn to live with the virus, and we are continuing with our reopening plans."
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Actually, LW made a very interesting statement..

1) "We do not expect numbers to come down at all. In fact, they will continue to rise," Mr Wong noted.
My interpretation: You live and death is not my concern.. I will still go ahead without full lockdown

"But hopefully at a slower rate than before, so that we can ride through this wave without overwhelming our healthcare system."
2) So whether healthcare system is overwhelmed or not is more important than health's of people.. This is probably in sync with telling people to stay at house even when they are listed as close contact with COVID patients..

This is a decision a govt has to make.. Time will tell if the decision is correct. If it is wrong, govt will lose more votes in the next election..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 2 users Like ArielCasper's post

[Image: nudie.gif]

(24-09-2021, 10:30 PM)forum456 Wrote:  Mr Wong added that Singapore's approach to the latest restrictions is a much more targeted one.

For instance, the capacity limit for large events involving only fully vaccinated people remains unchanged at 1,000 attendees.

This is because such events pose a lower risk, and have not resulted in large transmission clusters, he said.

"We do not expect numbers to come down at all. In fact, they will continue to rise," Mr Wong noted.

What a rubbish statement. What is the difference of allowing 1000 people who are vaccinated to gather at large events compared to 5 ( now reduced to2 ) also fully vaccinated ?

large gatherings also pose the possibility of large clusters because most of the people also comes from different families and may even spread more widely.

If you think the virus will not spread easily in very large congregations then you are DEAD WRONG. He should change his name to L Wrong.

tomorrow will be a better day

Contradicting himself again....

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Then why restrict the movement of the people?

I give them credit for taking a position and sticking to it this time.

Better than not having any clear strategy and do roti prata.

No dip where got peak.