Lee Hsien Yang slams Desmond Lee’s letter as “ad hominem attacks and lies”

Lee Hsien Yang slams Desmond Lee’s letter as “ad hominem attacks and lies”

https://theindependent.sg/lee-hsien-yang...-and-lies/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Definition:

Ad hominem means “against the man,” and this type of fallacy is sometimes called name calling or the personal attack fallacy. This type of fallacy occurs when someone attacks the person instead of attacking his or her argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(28-07-2023, 06:35 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Lee Hsien Yang slams Desmond Lee’s letter as “ad hominem attacks and lies”

https://theindependent.sg/lee-hsien-yang...-and-lies/
Just impossible to read the article with so many pop-ups that obstruct the texts. Can copy and paste such articles in future instead of just posting the link.   Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(28-07-2023, 07:45 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Just impossible to read the article with so many pop-ups that obstruct the texts. Can copy and paste such articles in future instead of just posting the link.   Thinking

SINGAPORE: The late Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s younger son, Mr Lee Hsien Yang, has condemned the ruling party minister Desmond Lee’s open letter against him, castigating it as a series of “ad hominem attacks and lies”. Not stopping there, Mr Lee Hsien Yang criticised Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, his elder brother, as well, calling him “the highest paid prime minister in the world”.

Rocked by recent scandals, the Government was trying to silence its critics, Mr Lee Hsien Yang told The Independent Singapore on July 26.

Assailing the open letter containing “ad hominem attacks and lies”, Mr Lee Hsien Yang told The Independent Singapore, “In the face of the multitude of scandals, it is a craven government that focuses on attacking and seeking to silence its critics rather than assuming responsibility for its failings.”

Asserting that the scandals were tarnishing the ruling People’s Action Party and Mr Lee Hsieng Loong’s legacy, he added: “The PAP needs to reflect what the scandals mean to its reputation and to LHL’s legacy.”

LEE HSIEN YANG ON PM LEE’S SERVICE TO SINGAPORE
Mr Lee also took issue with the minister, who said his brother, PM Lee, “has given his life to serving Singapore”. Mr Lee told this publication, “It is a privilege to serve, not a sacrifice. Particularly as the highest paid prime minister in the world!”

Mr Lee Hsien Yang criticised Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, adding: “The whole farce of ‘oh these people could make so much money outside anyway’. You cannot bask in this moral sanctitude while enjoying both wealth and power beyond the dreams of most citizens.”

Arguing that PM Lee should take responsibility for the scandals that have taken place under his leadership, he said: “A prime minister is captain of the ship and should be accountable. In any proper democracy, there would have been a change of PM with so many scandals swirling.”

EVENTS BEFORE AND AFTER DESMOND LEE’S OPEN LETTER AGAINST LEE HSIEN YANG
Earlier, National Development Minister Desmond Lee criticised Mr Lee Hsien Yang in an open letter published on petir.sg (26 July), asserting that Mr Lee deliberately wants to bring down his estranged elder brother, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s government.

The open letter came three days after the younger Lee questioned public trust in PM Lee’s regime, pointing to a spate of recent scandals. Contending that trust in his brother and his late father’s ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) “has been shattered”, he said on Facebook:

“Trust has to be earned. It cannot simply be inherited. PM Lee Hsien Loong’s failure of leadership has squandered that trust.”

Mr Desmond Lee responded to the criticism with his open letter. Mr Desmond Lee’s open letter contended that Mr Lee Hsien Yang was trying to bring down his elder brother’s government. Referring to the post Mr Lee Hsien Yang had made on 23 July, the minister said:

“Mr Lee Hsien Yang is pursuing this vendetta because he wants to bring down the government as well as the PAP, the party his father founded. I am saddened by him using falsehoods to attack his brother, who has given his life to serving Singapore.”

Citing the judgment of the disciplinary tribunal that had suspended Mr Lee Hsien Yang’s wife, senior lawyer Lee Suet Fern, from her legal practice for 15 months over her alleged misconduct relating to Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s will, Mr Desmond Lee said Mr Lee Hsien Yang’s latest action “is consistent with his duplicitous conduct towards his father, the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew”.

Mr Desmond Lee added that Mr Lee Hsien Yang and his wife had “fled the country” and ended his letter by stressing that the couple’s goal was to bring the PM down despite the damage that would do to the Government and the Singaporean people.

The Government said on Tuesday (25 July) that Mr Lee Hsien Yang’s references to the latter two controversies contained false statements of facts and issued a correction order under the Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act (POFMA).

Mr Lee complied with the POFMA Order but said in a separate post that he stood by his assertion that trust in his brother’s leadership had been lost.
[+] 3 users Like Bigiron's post

Naughty LHL using his pawns to attack LHY...nice one....借刀杀人

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 2 users Like ODA TETSURO's post

Attacking is just a tactic to distract from problems ruling party is having...thats all

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

(28-07-2023, 06:38 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Definition:

Ad hominem means “against the man,” and this type of fallacy is sometimes called name calling or the personal attack fallacy. This type of fallacy occurs when someone attacks the person instead of attacking his or her argument.

Sound very familiar....Like calling me CECA CCB pukimat ib, instead of refuting my arguments?

It also happened in edmw, you know.  The 39% could not refute the PAP's policies, statements, sayings, etc..showing CLEARLY what was so bad about these.

And so, they made ad hominem attacks on the ministers, MPs.

Victims of the 39% ad hominem
1.  Small space
2.  Shake head, feet stomp stomp, Kate Spade
3.  Eggmee
4.  Fook Me Hard
5.  Mee Siam mai hum
6.  Kee Chiu, sia suay
7.  ....... Smile Big Grin Laughing nudie Rotfl

this Desmond Lee father was former PAP MP Lee Y S right ?
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(28-07-2023, 08:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Attacking is just a tactic to distract from problems ruling party is having...thats all

Hahaha!  What a nice joke for the morning.  SgBuffet can tell jokes.   Laughing

Hello, Yang is attacking PM Lee, Minister Shan, and now Minister Desmond.  He posted all those stuff.

I think giving face to the late LKY has limits.  For the longest time, peepur kept quiet but now they are speaking up.  PM Lee had given a lot of chances to him.  He could have sued but he didn't.  Ministers Shan, Vivian and Desmond, they are not Yang's siblings, and I believe more and more peepur including the public are getting fed up with this chap.

Yang's main targets:  Shan who said he absconded, a word he obviously didn't like, Desmond because of his recent posting and the word "vendetta", I don't think he liked that one, and of course PM Lee.  

I didn't see him attacking TCJ and Cheng.  Or Vivian.  Or Iswaran.  He simply said "recent scandals" and laid the blame squarely on PM Lee's leadership.

But he did not say that NS and LP or RK were because of Pritam's leadership wor.......neither did you.

He blames selectively.  

He is someone who did well in his studies, had careers that would not put him in the class of peepur who are "poor" and having dreams which must be trodden on carefully, had a good reputation because he is LKY's son but seriously, how much of that is left? 

Yang is clutching at straws, fighting a battle he cannot win because he simply has no case.  Singaporeans can tell (except the 39% who can tell but are diehard who will say Yang is right all the way.  You are a good exampur.)

(28-07-2023, 08:20 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Naughty LHL using his pawns to attack LHY...nice one....借刀杀人

Be careful what you are posting here....

The fooking 39% likes to say Oyk THREATENS.

No, I don't threaten anybody.  I warn.    Rotfl

Where is the pap logic now that "don't sue that means it is true"? Why talk about giving face and chance?
[+] 2 users Like Clyde's post

(28-07-2023, 08:45 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  this Desmond Lee father was former PAP MP Lee Y S right ?

Look very different. Adopted?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

I cannot imagine this talks go all the way to Sept 23... voter may be affected...
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post

Hoot lah...
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(28-07-2023, 08:20 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Naughty LHL using his pawns to attack LHY...nice one....借刀杀人

They take turns to do this assigned job. Later another one will come out and do the dirty job. They dont want to do but was asked to do. So bo pian.

As for jamban soh, she have no class to do so.

Be alert on this idiot oyk. He wil always put words into forumers’ mouth and claimed you hv said it. Evil creature indeed and a double-headed cobra snake too.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

His daddy PM salary was not the same? Why he never complain?
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

[Image: Whats-App-Image-2023-07-26-at-16-53-01.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Obamao's post

(28-07-2023, 08:45 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  this Desmond Lee father was former PAP MP Lee Y S right ?

也是一个官二代
[+] 1 user Likes Obamao's post

Now, everywhere become conflicts
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post

(28-07-2023, 09:23 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Look very different. Adopted?

孟晚舟 and 任正非 also different surname,
Adopted? Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

公说公有理,婆说婆有理? Rotfl
Who can make the judgement?
In I Ching wisdom, 公说公有理,婆说婆有理?
Must avoid such situation. It is not 道lah.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(28-07-2023, 06:00 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  孟晚舟 and 任正非 also different surname,
Adopted? Rotfl

She follows mother's surname mah. You mean lessmon follows mother's look aso?

This Desmond Lee also for no apparent reason got parachuted in as a minister. I scratch my kkb also cannot figure out why.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(28-07-2023, 05:51 PM)Obamao Wrote:  也是一个官二代

oh u follow china politics closely !
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(28-07-2023, 07:14 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This Desmond Lee also for no apparent reason got parachuted in as a minister. I scratch my kkb also cannot figure out why.

He should di.e a thousand death, and nobody going to save him. He will be a gone case in West Coast GRC
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

(28-07-2023, 07:14 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This Desmond Lee also for no apparent reason got parachuted in as a minister. I scratch my kkb also cannot figure out why.

I pluck my kkj hair one by one also cannot figure out why he cannot reply his own brother but must employ minions to do a hatchet job on LHY.

Name already besmirched gao gao liao.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(28-07-2023, 07:28 PM)Stoki Wrote:  He should di.e a thousand death, and nobody going to save him. He will be a gone case in West Coast GRC

Should not curse him even if you wanted him out. I was in the same army camp as him and he is a nice guy. But really not suitable to be a minister cos he's not devious enough. He's likely to be eaten alive by others.

(28-07-2023, 07:36 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Should not curse him even if you wanted him out. I was in the same army camp as him and he is a nice guy. But really not suitable to be a minister cos he's not devious enough. He's likely to be eaten alive by others.

You were his Commanding Officer? Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(28-07-2023, 07:38 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  You were his Commanding Officer? Thinking

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin