Leong Mun Wai apologises, withdraws Keppel bribery case allegation

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ed-3365521
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

Smile
DON'T FAKE NEWS

he never say withdraw
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(22-03-2023, 10:48 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ed-3365521

Dare to say dare to do lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(22-03-2023, 10:48 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ed-3365521

Very misleading headline.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

not easy to b Mum.
He must not use his heart feel too much
we need him in these terrible time.
we want him to last long
we are hoping Putin at the upper theatre succeed.

He apologised to the house speaker. 
For telling Mr Tan not to ask him question that the Minister never asked. 

Too hot temper?..hmm..

(23-03-2023, 07:24 AM)moonrab Wrote:  He apologised to the house speaker. 

Too hot temper?..hmm..

Weak and biased Speaker.  Need to put him in his place.  The Speaker is supposed to be impartial. Not be seen siding with his erstwhile party against an oppie Member.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like p1acebo's post

Bully ask a lawyer minister to speak the rest just keep quiet
[+] 1 user Likes Cmpunk's post

Too hot temper?..hmm..

from what I see the Speaker is indirectly helping Sham.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(23-03-2023, 07:28 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Weak and biased Speaker.  Need to put him in his place.  The Speaker is supposed to be impartial. Not be seen siding with his erstwhile party against an oppie Member.

The speaker is asking whether Leong is withdrawing the his previous statement. Yes or No?
I don't see it is a bias question honestly. 

But telling off the Parliament Speaker not to ask question is definitely not righteous. In all Westminster Parliament. 
In UK, ex PM cannot answer for "party gate" was force to step down. That is the standard even in a liberated UK society. 

I think MP in Singapore must not undermining our Parliament system standard just for debating their own conviction. Example the ex MP covered her lie upon lies. 
Whether it is the ruling or opposition MP, respect for the Parliament Speaker must be observe seriously. Whether they like it or not.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(23-03-2023, 07:39 AM)moonrab Wrote:  The speaker is asking whether Leong is withdrawing the his previous statement. Yes or No?

But telling off the Parliament Speaker not to ask question is definitely not righteous. In all Westminster Parliament. 
In UK, ex PM cannot answer for "party gate" was force to step down. That is the standard even in a liberated UK society. 

I think MP in Singapore must not undermining our Parliament system standard just for debating their own conviction. Example the ex MP covered her lie upon lies. 
Whether it is the ruling or opposition MP, respect for the Parliament Speaker must be observe seriously. Whether they like it or not.

Respect needs to be earned. Not for him in his place  to ask that question. He is helping Shan in terms of framing.

[+] 3 users Like p1acebo's post

(23-03-2023, 07:37 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  from what I see the Speaker is indirectly helping Sham.

(23-03-2023, 07:51 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Respect needs to be earned. Not for him in his place  to ask that question. He is helping Shan in terms of framing.

ppl got eyes to see.
[+] 3 users Like K88 shu shu's post

(23-03-2023, 07:37 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  from what I see the Speaker is indirectly helping Sham.

Even if Leong felt it is the case, he should not tell the Parliament Speaker off for asking question. 

That kind of behaviour is not what Singaporean wanted to see in our Parliament. Because once disrespectful steps into our Parliament, the highest order of Singapore law making platform. We will see more nonsense in future. Fist fighting, throwing water bottles when one party Member feeling injustices.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(23-03-2023, 07:39 AM)moonrab Wrote:  The speaker is asking whether Leong is withdrawing the his previous statement. Yes or No?

House speaker first place shouldn’t be a party member
[+] 4 users Like Cmpunk's post

(23-03-2023, 07:53 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Even if Leong felt it is the case, he should not tell the Parliament Speaker off for asking question. 

That kind of behaviour is not what Singaporean wanted to see in our Parliament. Because once disrespectful steps into our Parliament, the highest order of Singapore law making platform. We will see more nonsense in future. Fist fighting, throwing water bottles when one party Member feeling injustices.

You speak as if our Parliament is a beacon of impartiality, respectfulness and equality, and not just a fucking rubber stamp for the PAP to ramrod anything through and pretend it's "democratic".

"Disrespectful in Parliament" is already here when we can have PAP ministers mock accidentally on an open hot mic a NCMP like Leong Mun Wai for "going to a lousy school".

SEE ONE WUMAO, KILL ONE WUMAO!!! 
[+] 3 users Like Basic_Strategy's post

Football analogy. In football, we have 2 opposing teams made up of eleven players each. This huan, we got one team made up of 12 players. Yes, including the referee Big Grin

(23-03-2023, 07:55 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  House speaker first place shouldn’t be a party member

No lah. House speaker must a member of the Parliament (or House or whatever the equivalent is in that country). He or she is then voted by his fellow Parliament members to be the speaker. Usually, he or she will come from the majority party since that party has the most votes.

(23-03-2023, 08:03 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Football analogy.  In football, we have 2 opposing teams made up of eleven players each.  This huan, we got one team made up of 12 players.  Yes, including the referee Big Grin

[Image: 3612749_1_1.jpg]

Translation for the non-Chinese people here: Referee, linesman, organiser, all the relevant departments, everybody's my guy. How do you expect to fight me?

[+] 1 user Likes Basic_Strategy's post

(23-03-2023, 08:05 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  [Image: 3612749_1_1.jpg]

Translation for the non-Chinese people here: Referee, linesman, organiser, all the relevant departments, everybody's my guy. How do you expect to fight me?

Laughing

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-new...301e7dabec

(23-03-2023, 08:05 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  [Image: 3612749_1_1.jpg]

appropriate gif used.

(23-03-2023, 07:57 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  You speak as if our Parliament is a beacon of impartiality, respectfulness and equality, and not just a fucking rubber stamp for the PAP to ramrod anything through and pretend it's "democratic".

"Disrespectful in Parliament" is already here when we can have PAP ministers mock accidentally on an open hot mic a NCMP like Leong Mun Wai for "going to a lousy school".

When WP or A coalition political party rule Singapore. I expected our Parliament retain the same system. Respectful, Objective law making for the citizens of Singapore. 

Rubber stamp, pretend democracy you decide.

Too hot temper?..hmm..

Why the speaker never ask pinky not to bring up sibling’s quarrels in ParLeement?

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

(23-03-2023, 08:22 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  Why the speaker never ask pinky not to bring up sibling’s quarrels in ParLeement?

Speaker only verify MP's statements for clarity. Yes or No. For the house members understanding.

(23-03-2023, 08:22 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  Why the speaker never ask pinky not to bring up sibling’s quarrels in ParLeement?

In that case, he would be out of a job in double quick time  Laughing

A non impartial Speaker of Parliament must earn his respect not demand
[+] 2 users Like Dan's post

(23-03-2023, 08:32 AM)Dan Wrote:  A non impartial Speaker of Parliament must earn his respect not demand

This is where Chinese/Asian culture loses out to Western culture. 

In the West, you demand respect you won't get any. 

In Asia, you demand respect people stupidly give respect. Powerful people and elderly people think they're entitled to respect simply because of who they are. 

This is why in the world Asians will always lose out to Western AMDKs. Entitlement vs Earning.

Rainbow 

Drama over already? 
When alone, keep your thoughts right
When with people keep your words right.

When you are alone pcc with beatiful thoughts
When you are in a crowd mostly in white, 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 them!
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

(23-03-2023, 07:28 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Weak and biased Speaker.  Need to put him in his place.  The Speaker is supposed to be impartial. Not be seen siding with his erstwhile party against an oppie Member.

You are right the Speaker should be impartial.  But he was formally from the PAP clan, and therefore had to act thus...........it is  very hard for an opposition to break new ground....... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post