Let's race it, Indians and Malays will vote Tharma

If Chinese still vote for Tharma, then don't complain next time that you got an Indian President hor
[+] 3 users Like Sentinel's post

(13-06-2023, 06:27 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  If Chinese still vote for Tharma, then don't complain next time that you got an Indian President hor

U want to lim kopi?

(13-06-2023, 06:39 AM)winbig Wrote:  U want to lim kopi?

This is statistics, demographics, stewpig!

(13-06-2023, 06:59 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  This is statistics, demographics, stewpig!
Don't play with words. Soon u will receive lim kopi invitation.  Laughing

TS step on the land mine ?

Reported to authority

(13-06-2023, 06:27 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  If Chinese still vote for Tharma, then don't complain next time that you got an Indian President hor

Then u are playing into the cards of OYK. The talk abt Han race Vs the other races.

In fact, isn't everyone sinkie? Why still want to divide us by race?

I am also against hdb racial quota, EP race rotation. A sinkie is just a sinkie and not Chinese, Malay or Indian.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Issue is not race
..don't be racist.

Issue is he is not independent

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(13-06-2023, 08:04 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Issue is not race
..don't be racist.

Issue is he is not independent

You got reliable info that he is not independent? Show article or link to URL or QR code for my vote decision making?   Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Election department should reveal the result by racial demographic after the election
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

(13-06-2023, 07:58 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Then u are playing into the cards of OYK. The talk abt Han race Vs the other races.

In fact, isn't everyone sinkie? Why still want to divide us by race?

I am also against hdb racial quota, EP race rotation. A sinkie is just a sinkie and not Chinese, Malay or Indian.

We the citizens of Singapore pledge ourselves as one united people regardless of race, language or religion...

This is an ongoing aspiration which I dare say will never be achieved unanimously. There will be racist generation after generation just like there will always be motorists who will flout traffic rules. In both cases, we put in place laws to keep these under control so everyone can live more safely and peacefully.

Without traffic laws or in this case ISA, racial riots will break out frequently and we shan't be seeing the progress we've made.

Right, we are not Chinese. That's a nationality. Our race is Han. Race is stated in our NRIC. It's good to remove that because of the confusion the word Chinese is causing. It makes many peepur think "We the Chinese are one united people regardless of nationality..." and that does nothing good for national unity. It tears us apart along racial lines like what is happening in Malaysia.

So the government is right after all.

1. GRC is necessary
2. The presidency must be reserved for various races by rotation
3. Singapore is not ready for a minority raced PM.

Sorry hor, no where did I talk about Han race vs other races. Stop lying.  Rolleyes

Tharman is not an Indian. He is a Singaporean.

Indian means citizen of India.

Indian is not a race, it's a nationality.

Good morning Schroder how are you?
[+] 2 users Like Dan's post

I Am Chinese, and I Am Not Chinese.

Yes, it is possible for you to say that. And this sentence can have different meanings, depending on context.

First, the English word Chinese can refer to different ideas:

People who are ethnically Chinese (华人). These include a majority of the people in the People’s Republic of China (PRC), in Taiwan, and in places like Hong Kong, Macau, and Singapore. People who are ethnically Chinese can be citizens of many other countries, such as Australia, Canada, Peru, or the United States.
People who are citizens of China (中国人). When not otherwise specified, the word Chinese used in an administrative-political sense usually refers to citizens of the PRC. Now you get the idea: an individual can be ethnically Chinese but does not have Chinese citizenship, and there are citizens of the PRC who are not necessarily ethnically Chinese.

Language. There are many Chinese dialects spoken. The most popular one, which is the official language of the PRC, is called Putonghua (普通话), sometimes also called Mandarin. Mandarin spoken in Mainland China is slightly different than that used in Taiwan, where it is called Guoyu (國語). The written form is also different. Taiwan uses Traditional characters, and the PRC uses Simplified characters.
Things and qualities pertaining to the Chinese culture. Example: the Chinese idea of filial piety, the Chinese musical instrument erhu, Chinese food.
Things and qualities pertaining to people who are ethnically Chinese. Example: Chinese ambivalence to alleged racism associated with Covid-19.
Things and qualities pertaining to the PRC. Example: Chinese Community Party, Chinese export numbers, Chinese high-speed train system
Now you see, the sentence “I am Chinese, and I am not Chinese” can mean that I am ethnically Chinese, and I am not a citizen of the PRC. It can also mean the opposite, that I am a citizen of the PRC but not ethnically Chinese. It can also mean that I am ethnically Chinese, but culturally I am not. And you can probably think of many other possibilities.

by A. Ka Tat Tsang, Professor of Social Work, University of Toronto

(13-06-2023, 09:03 AM)Oyk Wrote:  We the citizens of Singapore pledge ourselves as one united people regardless of race, language or religion...

This is an ongoing aspiration which I dare say will never be achieved unanimously. There will be racist generation after generation just like there will always be motorists who will flout traffic rules. In both cases, we put in place laws to keep these under control so everyone can live more safely and peacefully.

Without traffic laws or in this case ISA, racial riots will break out frequently and we shan't be seeing the progress we've made.

Right, we are not Chinese. That's a nationality. Our race is Han. Race is stated in our NRIC. It's good to remove that because of the confusion the word Chinese is causing. It makes many peepur think "We the Chinese are one united people regardless of nationality..." and that does nothing good for national unity. It tears us apart along racial lines like what is happening in Malaysia.

So the government is right after all.

1. GRC is necessary
2. The presidency must be reserved for various races by rotation
3. Singapore is not ready for a minority raced PM.

Sorry hor, no where did I talk about Han race vs other races. Stop lying.  Rolleyes

What is there to argue over?

It's a fact that some/many people will vote along racial lines. There is nothing anybody can do about it.

Statistics? Based on sheer numbers, GG will already have the advantage.

If Tharman wins despite this it shows that we have matured as a society. I don't think the boomers will change and my words "matured as a society" do not refer to them. I am talking about the yoomerd and zoomers who are taking over this country who will form the fabric of Singaporan society. If Tharman wins it means they are inching closer to the aspiration in our Pledge..

(13-06-2023, 09:15 AM)Dan Wrote:  I Am Chinese, and I Am Not Chinese.

Yes, it is possible for you to say that. And this sentence can have different meanings, depending on context.

First, the English word Chinese can refer to different ideas:

People who are ethnically Chinese (华人). These include a majority of the people in the People’s Republic of China (PRC), in Taiwan, and in places like Hong Kong, Macau, and Singapore. People who are ethnically Chinese can be citizens of many other countries, such as Australia, Canada, Peru, or the United States.
People who are citizens of China (中国人). When not otherwise specified, the word Chinese used in an administrative-political sense usually refers to citizens of the PRC. Now you get the idea: an individual can be ethnically Chinese but does not have Chinese citizenship, and there are citizens of the PRC who are not necessarily ethnically Chinese.

Language. There are many Chinese dialects spoken. The most popular one, which is the official language of the PRC, is called Putonghua (普通话), sometimes also called Mandarin. Mandarin spoken in Mainland China is slightly different than that used in Taiwan, where it is called Guoyu (國語). The written form is also different. Taiwan uses Traditional characters, and the PRC uses Simplified characters.
Things and qualities pertaining to the Chinese culture. Example: the Chinese idea of filial piety, the Chinese musical instrument erhu, Chinese food.
Things and qualities pertaining to people who are ethnically Chinese. Example: Chinese ambivalence to alleged racism associated with Covid-19.
Things and qualities pertaining to the PRC. Example: Chinese Community Party, Chinese export numbers, Chinese high-speed train system
Now you see, the sentence “I am Chinese, and I am not Chinese” can mean that I am ethnically Chinese, and I am not a citizen of the PRC. It can also mean the opposite, that I am a citizen of the PRC but not ethnically Chinese. It can also mean that I am ethnically Chinese, but culturally I am not. And you can probably think of many other possibilities.

by A. Ka Tat Tsang, Professor of Social Work, University of Toronto

Why use the word Chinese to refer to our race and cause so much confusion? Just say Han and all confusions end.

(13-06-2023, 09:23 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Why use the word Chinese to refer to our race and cause so much confusion? Just say Han and all confusions end.

You are the only one confused who your ancestors were

If any private citizen can pass through the very, very, very stringent criteria set by the Government, then that private citizen must be very good and very strong candidate for being elected as President.

8Umbrella Umbrella

(13-06-2023, 09:27 AM)Dan Wrote:  You are the only one confused who your ancestors were

My ancestors were Chinese because they were citizens of China. Race wise they were Hans.

I am a Singaporean because I am born here.

(13-06-2023, 09:31 AM)klat Wrote:  If any private citizen can pass through the very, very, very stringent criteria set by the Government, then that private citizen must be very good and very strong candidate for being elected as President.

GG is one such person who is worth considering.

(13-06-2023, 09:38 AM)Oyk Wrote:  My ancestors were Chinese because they were citizens of China. Race wise they were Hans.

Cannot convince you, confuse you

[Image: IMG-0347.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

Aiya, just say I am a Singaporean chinese.

it does not matter why?
first salvo: I want to be an elected president
2nd ...IAM a Morrocan Ambassador from sinkaPoo
meaning another HarbanSingh
https://i.ibb.co/z6bQB8r/IMG-0347.gif
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

he will be disqualified because his company is less than $500 millions.

previous 2 malay candidates against Halimah were disqualified on this requirement.

(13-06-2023, 09:44 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  Cannot convince you, confuse you

[Image: IMG-0347.gif]

You are confused? Then stop calling yourself Chinese which is so ambiguous.

If you are Malaysian.... yes that's what you are.... then just say you are a Han Malaysian.

(13-06-2023, 09:38 AM)Oyk Wrote:  My ancestors were Chinese because they were citizens of China. Race wise they were Hans.

"People who are ethnically Chinese (华人). These include a majority of the people in the People’s Republic of China (PRC), in Taiwan, and in places like Hong Kong, Macau, and Singapore. People who are ethnically Chinese can be citizens of many other countries, such as Australia, Canada, Peru, or the United States."

Singaporean is your citizenship but your root is Chinese

remember all work for sotong Klaus SchwabED
and tioTOXed
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(13-06-2023, 09:50 AM)Dan Wrote:  "People who are ethnically Chinese (华人). These include a majority of the people in the People’s Republic of China (PRC), in Taiwan, and in places like Hong Kong, Macau, and Singapore. People who are ethnically Chinese can be citizens of many other countries, such as Australia, Canada, Peru, or the United States."

Singaporean is your citizenship but your root is Chinese

If you insist on translating 华人as Chinese people, then you are propagating the confusion.

If that's the case, no one who is not a citizen of China is a 华人. So I am a 汉人 and a Singaporean.

I know me is tern lung Singaporean

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(13-06-2023, 08:09 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  You got reliable info that he is not independent? Show article or link to URL or QR code for my vote decision making?   Thinking

Hard to prove that he will not be independent if elected except to look at his performance as a minister.

But then we dont know what goes on in cabinet meetings, did he dare go against pinky or other ministers?

Can he be another OTC? We dont know for sure but can make a guess... he says is a defender, not a striker, in his own words. Seems like a yes-man to me. You decide.

OTC was vocal and dare to take independent actions even against the cabinet.. he said so himself.

From what we can observe so far, tharman is unlikely to be independent or dare to block the pap.

But what to do? It is almost confirmed it will be President Tharmanitor.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post