Letter : Malaysia should adopt COE system to solve its problems

Today Malaysia faces the serious problems of too many households owning cars in the country. Almost 98% of household have cars. Such a situation js problematic is several ways - high level of carbon emissions and under utilisation of the  public transport system.

Without more people taking public transport it is hard to justify more investments in this area. Today only KL has decent subway system while the rest the of the country still depends on under invested ageing fleets of public buses. Such a situation can only deteriorate with time as a vicious cycle of poor public transport pushes more people to own and use cars.

A COE system will have many benefits as seen from the implementation in Singapore. Not only does it help to address fiscal issue, it will revitalise the public transport sector. As seen from what has happened in Singapore most of the populace is so well served by public transport many have never driven a car or knows how to drive one. 

The fiscal benefits are even clearer and more important for Malaysia.  The extra funds from such a system can help to reduce constant pressure on state finances and reduce fiscal debt and dependence on debt.

Most Malaysians envy Sjngapore for its prosperity and will have no qualms  adopting such a system that haa workwd so well for so long and have proven thaf real tangible benefits for the citizens.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2022/...e-malaysia

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

To make billions

Malaysians are not stupid.
Pay high COE still jam. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Some readers say Msia ppl will riot if got COE so the Msia govt all become bapok ball-less don't dare implement.

no need COE

ERP collect more money

Sg amdk arse lickers stooge’s jealous hor
Jhk most household at least 2 cars hor
https://media.tenor.com/FA-8nXJ5GjsAAAAM...5anwar.gif

No need la.
Build more ERP gantries in JB...
MYR 10 to 20 per charge. 
Confirm no traffic jam..😁

(24-11-2023, 02:04 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  no need COE

ERP collect more money

Have both COE and ERP to collect even more monies.

(24-11-2023, 02:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  Have both COE and ERP to collect even more monies.

yes and let jho low and 1MDB control the system

The issue is not enough roads excessive land

(24-11-2023, 02:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  Have both COE and ERP to collect even more monies.
It is not beneficial to bolehland. More revenues collected wil stil goes to corruption. They wil be forever poor.

Coe and erp wun work in other countries. The garments will be overthrown if they try to implement such schemes

(24-11-2023, 02:27 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  It is not beneficial to bolehland. More revenues collected wil stil goes to corruption. They wil be forever poor.

In Malaysia magic disappearance is common

Mh370 disappeared not found
1mdb 6 billions disappeared
Jho low disappeared

Everything disappeared in Malaysia

(24-11-2023, 02:17 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  yes and let jho low and 1MDB control the system

Almost all their govt and uniform ppl makan suap. jho low is just following the trend it just happen he makan much much more so the others eye red want to catch him as he never share some with them.

(24-11-2023, 02:30 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  In Malaysia magic disappearance is common

Mh370 disappeared not found
1mdb 6 billions disappeared
Jho low disappeared

Everything disappeared in Malaysia
This includes people who are politically eliminated also not found.

(24-11-2023, 02:28 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Coe and erp wun work in other countries. The garments will be overthrown if they try to implement such schemes

So you do agree Sporeans are a group of ball-less people that is why govt want to do what they all say ok rape me in front behind all also can and 61% of them some more.

(24-11-2023, 02:53 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  This includes people who are politically eliminated also not found.

YES

MALAYSIA BERMUDA TRIANGLE

(24-11-2023, 01:57 PM)sgh Wrote:  Some readers say Msia ppl will riot if got COE so the Msia govt all become bapok ball-less don't dare implement.

Rubbish both Singaporeans and Malaysians agree that Singapore system is better so what is the issue adopting COE and CPF cannot withdrawn completely......if these are very major policies then they should accept it if they  admire Singaoore governance....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The garment din regard them as problems why you so eager to help them solve?

It won't work lah.

(24-11-2023, 06:29 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  It won't work lah.

Who say won't work

It will work
I tell you how

Once implemented

There will be national wide riot
Shopping center get trash
Government building get break-ins

Peiople get scared
Police invoke Nation wide Curfew

Roads and streets empty.... NO JAM

Ta-da it will work

(24-11-2023, 06:47 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  Who say won't work

It will work
I tell you how

Once implemented

There will be national wide riot
Shopping center get trash
Government building get break-ins

Peiople get scared
Police invoke Nation wide Curfew

Roads and streets empty.... NO JAM

Ta-da it will work

Why would there be riots in Malaysia when it is implemented in Singapore for  several decades without issue?

Care to explain?

If Singaporeans can lower expectations in life i don't see why Malaysians can't do the same.