Letter : Retiring in 60s is no longer feasible or desirable

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...-desirable

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

They are pushing for no retirement concept in Singapore.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I think Grab should start grabdomestichelper for these jobless locals. Go site do fast and finish in 4 hours. Free exercise.

They are trying to brainwash sinkies into working forever because no more money in CPF Big Grin

Sheet, I don’t want to wash dishes and mop floors forever Sad

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-04-2023, 07:49 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  They are trying to brainwash sinkies into working forever because no more money in CPF Big Grin

Sheet, I don’t want to wash dishes and mop floors forever Sad

Join grablocalmaid

(17-04-2023, 07:50 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Join grablocalmaid

Grab the local maids boobies? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-04-2023, 07:51 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Grab the local maids boobies? Big Grin

I know of at least two hawkers that molested their maid and went to jail.

(17-04-2023, 07:53 AM)dynamite Wrote:  I know of at least two hawkers that molested their maid and went to jail.

That’s because it was not consensual Big Grin

https://www.tiktok.com/@kaiwuee/video/71...bYWGKYCX58
[+] 1 user Likes Everything Everywhere's post

(17-04-2023, 07:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They are pushing for no retirement concept in Singapore.

Easier said than done. Who wants to hire old workers and pay them decently?

me still doing Grab at age 70 now.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(17-04-2023, 08:14 AM)winbig Wrote:  Easier said than done. Who wants to hire old workers and pay them decently?

Cleaning companies, SATS Catering, MacD, just to name a few.

They do hire older workers.   Rolleyes

(17-04-2023, 09:20 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Cleaning companies, SATS Catering, MacD, just to name a few.

But the pay is not decent.

(17-04-2023, 08:14 AM)winbig Wrote:  Easier said than done. Who wants to hire old workers and pay them decently?

(17-04-2023, 09:20 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Cleaning companies, SATS Catering, MacD, just to name a few.

But there are others who prefer to retire, and enjoy their golden years, a time to be able to smell the roses, a time to enjoy the simple joys of life.  At age 62, it is time to retire.......but our garment wants us to work until 65, then 67 and later 69 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(17-04-2023, 09:32 AM)debono Wrote:  But there are others who prefer to retire, and enjoy their golden years, a time to be able to smell the roses, a time to enjoy the simple joys of life.  At age 62, it is time to retire.......but our garment wants us to work until 65, then 67 and later 69 Big Grin

Your can retire at 62 provided that u have enough $$ to last u 20 years at least.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chriscarosa...20a1b86fd7

The advantage of increasing the normal retirement age is to keep Social Security solvent for more retirees for longer,” says Emily C. Rassam, senior financial planner at Archer Investment Management in Charlotte, North Carolina. “There are several potential ways to fix the Social Security system. In short, they involve increasing revenue or decreasing distributions. If the Normal Retirement Age increases again, it will decrease total lifetime payouts for retirees, especially those who start collecting income early.”

I can't seem to find the data for Singapore but jn other countries only 1 in 5000 live to be above 100. So talking about living above hundred is rather irrelevant  Just because a handful live above 100 does not mean everyone has to take this as normal.

Statistically

1. One third of people die before 75 enjoying less than 10yrs of retirement if they start at 65.

2. By 85 half the cohort is going means that more half enjoy less than 20yrs of retirement.

Like the video posted earlier retirement = doing something you like. You can work but it has to be something you like. But many are working because they are poor and needy.

Retirement is different for each person but what us important having choices.

Get this into your head once and for all
When the PAPigs talk about retiring at a later age
They are not referring to those high income professionals
They want or they need the old seniors to do those manual chores nobody wants to do at an old age
Like cleaners, collect dirty dishes, kitchen helpers, Road sweepers, security guards, cardboard collectors
So they get their PLPs to write all these stories

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(17-04-2023, 09:52 AM)Bluebull Wrote:  Get this into your head once and for all
When the PAPigs talk about retiring at a later age
They are not referring to those high income professionals
They want or they need the old seniors to do those manual chores nobody wants to do at an old age
Like cleaners, collect dirty dishes, kitchen helpers, Road sweepers, security guards, cardboard collectors
So they get their PLPs to write all these stories

...... and have enough money to play for their medical fees
And not bother the state

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

https://www.euronews.com/2023/04/07/why-...rement-age

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/4/14...rement-age

The average life expectancy in France is 82.

Macron has repeatedly called the change “necessary” to avoid annual pension deficits forecast to hit 13.5 billion euros ($14.8bn) by 2030, according to government figures.

(17-04-2023, 09:54 AM)Bluebull Wrote:  ...... and have enough money to play for their medical fees
And not bother the state
Yes, to have enough money and not bother the state for medical treatments............as medical treatments are very expensive in this city state............... Big Grin

(17-04-2023, 09:30 AM)winbig Wrote:  But the pay is not decent.

MacD pays about $10 an hour.

Can still afford to eat cai png, and is better than not earning a single cent staying at home right.

Work just one hour, and you have two meals taken care of...lunch and dinner.

No need to beg your chewren for money...

(17-04-2023, 10:06 AM)Oyk Wrote:  MacD pays about $10 an hour.

Can still afford to eat cai png, and is better than not earning a single cent staying at home right.

If i am not mistaken, McDonald supply food for it's employees.............. Big Grin

(17-04-2023, 09:32 AM)debono Wrote:  But there are others who prefer to retire, and enjoy their golden years, a time to be able to smell the roses, a time to enjoy the simple joys of life.  At age 62, it is time to retire.......but our garment wants us to work until 65, then 67 and later 69 Big Grin

The government cannot force you to work.  It is only giving you an option to continue to work.  So do not say "The government WANTS us to blah blah blah...."

SgBuffet retired at the ripe old age of 24 after working for MacD as a counter boy for a few years.  The government cannot do anything about it right.

Civil servants are darn lucky because the government has to do what it preaches.  I know of a community centre staff who was earning $4K a month.  When he turned 62, he was reemployed.  He was damned happy.

In the private sector, you'd hope that somehow the boss' son who is taking over his father's business likes you.  Otherwise when his laupeh retires, the son sexpects you to get the hell out of the company.

(17-04-2023, 10:12 AM)debono Wrote:  If i am not mistaken, McDonald supply food for it's employees.............. Big Grin

Its

Not It's

(17-04-2023, 10:06 AM)Oyk Wrote:  MacD pays about $10 an hour.

Yes what you say is true.  Many elderly have to work or else they have to beg for help.

Some LKKs already forced to work in HC to meet daily end need. Song Boh!

不懂易经真糟糕!
很多人不懂靠努力是不会成功,一定要用心lah.

越早读懂易经,对你越好,了解事物的根本。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(17-04-2023, 10:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes what you say is true.  Many elderly have to work or else they have to beg for help.

50 such "elderly" can be counted as many, and you will become one of those in the near future because after MacD, you had never worked.

And I can give you 1000 times that number who go on vacations to China, the US, Europe and even to exotic places in South America.  You can see them at travel road shows.

Look at the zoomers today.  Riding PMD, smoking, YOLO, jiakliaobee.

We have those among the boomers too 40 years ago.

Today, they are old and poor.  LHL's fault.

Yes, it has to be his fault.  Who else?   Rolleyes

Stop farting man.   Rotfl

(17-04-2023, 10:19 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Some LKKs already forced to work in HC to meet daily end need. Song Boh!

不懂易经真糟糕!

Yes, the LKK works as return tray cleaners and table top cleaners..........they are the ones who lived below the poverty line................. crying