Letter : Retiring in 60s is no longer feasible or desirable

My friend rented out his 4 room flat $4k , stay in phillipines with his wife in a rented place. Expenditure all in a month $1.5k. He says he gets to travel around and experience life. That's retirement for him.
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(17-04-2023, 10:33 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  My friend rented out his 4 room flat $4k , stay in phillipines with his wife in a rented place. Expenditure all in a month $1.5k. He says he gets to travel around and experience life. That's retirement for him.

That is a good way to enjoy ones' retirement.......................... Clapping

why not
I shaking legs since 40s

(17-04-2023, 07:49 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  They are trying to brainwash sinkies into working forever because no more money in CPF Big Grin

Sheet, I don’t want to wash dishes and mop floors forever Sad

u should
then u no time
to tcss about gov

(17-04-2023, 12:52 PM)Talent Wrote:  u should
then u no time
to tcss about gov

TCSS in this forum is a good way to past one's time..............in their retirement age......... Big Grin

(17-04-2023, 12:52 PM)Talent Wrote:  u should
then u no time
to tcss about gov

I have a very long..... Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-04-2023, 12:54 PM)debono Wrote:  TCSS in this forum is a good way to past one's time..............in their retirement age......... Big Grin

Long way more... I don't even qualify for bus concession travel Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

if you go overseas see those elderly Ang mo, even PRC , REALLY RETIRE IN JOY

Whereas our locals elderly ??? More like not say enjoy

(17-04-2023, 02:37 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  if you go overseas see those elderly Ang mo, even PRC , REALLY RETIRE IN JOY

Whereas our locals elderly ??? More like not say enjoy

Not all retire in joy lah. There'll always be some who fall thru the cracks.

Bottom line. 自己要懂得照顾自己

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

(17-04-2023, 04:36 PM)winbig Wrote:  Not all retire in joy lah. There'll always be some who fall thru the cracks.

There will surely some who falls thru' the cracks, and needs gov. support in their golden years/twilight years................ crying

(17-04-2023, 09:32 AM)debono Wrote:  But there are others who prefer to retire, and enjoy their golden years, a time to be able to smell the roses, a time to enjoy the simple joys of life.  At age 62, it is time to retire.......but our garment wants us to work until 65, then 67 and later 69 Big Grin

Many passed away before 65 too.
Each plan for themselves. Don't have to follow experts recommendation.  Big Grin

(17-04-2023, 04:42 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Many passed away before 65 too.
Each plan for themselves. Don't have to follow experts recommendation.  Big Grin

That is true, a person can die at any age..........perhaps at 65, which means he can only enjoy his retirement for 3 years if he retires at age 62......... crying

[Image: IMG-5011.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/2...or-seniors

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(17-04-2023, 04:42 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Many passed away before 65 too.

Below age 65 should be 5-10% gone.
Heart attack or cancer just come suddenly...e.g. Sim Wong Hoo.

You can't say for sure if you are one of the 10%.

Hence one should start bucket list and do the things you want instead of waiting.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://blog.seedly.sg/cpf-minimum-retirement-sum/

I have gone through all the postings here are my views

1. The govt primary consideration is financial. They want as much people to work as possible so they do not have to budget alot of money to care and support the growing number of elderly. This is their main consideration not your well being or your happiness.

2. However when they sell the idea of later retirement they make it sound like it is for you benefit. This untrue. They l dont want to increase spending to support elderly that is their main goal.

3. We don't know when we will die. It makes no sense to keep delaying retirement which is defined as doing things we like be it travel, gardening or fishing or taking care of grand kids. ...If you delay you risk never ever doing these things should you die suddenly.

4. Instead of being influenced by govt propaganda to keep working until old age one needs to spend time thinking about what you want to do and make it happen....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(17-04-2023, 05:06 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I have gone through all the postings here are my views

1. The govt primary consideration is financial. They want as much people to work as possible so they do not have to budget alot of money to care and support the growing number of elderly. This is their main consideration not your well being or your happiness.

2. However when they sell the idea of later retirement they make it sound like it is for you benefit. This untrue. They l dont want to increase spending to support elderly that is their main goal.

3. We don't know when we will die. It makes no sense to keep delaying retirement which is defined as doing things we like be it travel, gardening or fishing or taking care of grand kids. ...If you delay you risk never ever doing these things should you die suddenly.

4. Instead of being influenced by govt propaganda to keep working until old age one needs to spend time thinking about what you want to do and make it happen....
Quite true, we must spend time thinking about what to do and make it happen.  Life is fragile, and at any moment one may up lorry, so do the things you want to do now, and not wait until the age of 70................. Big Grin

But hor no money or not enough will Gov help ? They will ask you work as cleaner first than Gov help to top up difference.....

Kevin talks about some people he met and what happened to their retirement.....there is a lesson here for all of us

as we r 100% pak-ed no way we can retire
the still healthy ones need to look after the sicks.
today just say U got enough
tomorrow prices increase
what hapan.
not enough
Singapore got only 10+ billions in Gold
Beri dangerous.

stop working, stop breathing as simple as that.

other s people mony alot
those Mony not u can suka-suka do one ya?
thousands of Billions.
they have feet can chatBUti
and then our own people tioKanaChees
cannot layEggs ICC kallang Dinosaurs eggs hatching

(17-04-2023, 02:08 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Long way more... I don't even qualify for bus concession travel Big Grin

That is the time where you have to support the elders, until such time it is your turn to be supported by the younger generations............... Big Grin

singlion has done everything and suffers everything just to get to know
unvaccinated go Malaysia 3 times 3 types of treatments.
Last one passport sailed thr. without problem
go office tio swap thr. the nose Zoom from Malaysia with Singapore DR.
in the first 2.
Pay mony 100+ swap zoom cheap Dr singlion felt he beri gianNaziLoMa.
singlion also limcopi
for Gold.
during lockdown activists spot check singlion at home.
I will never forgive them

Fools flatter themselves because they are brainless like that Malaysian

[Image: Quotes-Fools-flatter-themselves.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(17-04-2023, 07:50 PM)Ola Wrote:  Fools flatter themselves because they are brainless like that Malaysian

[Image: Quotes-Fools-flatter-themselves.png]

That Malaysian turned Singaporean always admire the ruling party.  Self praise is international disgrace................... Big Grin

So what happpend to his comments?

Brainless Jac Lau removed it again?

He himself retire in 2004 and yet criticize others for wanting to retire early

Such a Coward Hypocrite from Malaysia

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(17-04-2023, 06:59 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  stop working, stop breathing as simple as that.

The Chinese youngsters already 摆烂。
Yet this garment keeps brainwashing the LKKs to work until die….