Lion philip S reit..

Touch 0.895.
Can ?

Fed haven't finish raising interest rates. U think can?

(01-10-2022, 10:59 AM)winbig Wrote:  Fed haven't finish raising interest rates. U think can?

AT LEAST ANOTHER 10 TO 20% DROP
NO NEED TO HURRY

Target a yield you want wait for it to reach the yield then buy.

Many reits have debt so I won't buy unless yield is very good.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Price is tempting, but still holding on to my bullets.

(01-10-2022, 02:46 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Target a yield you want wait for it to reach the yield then buy.

I don't see it as attractive. Right now yield is 5%>
If recession or rate hikes continue we should be looking at yield above 7%>

When it drop to 70+cents then I will consider.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(01-10-2022, 03:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I don't see it as attractive. Right now yield is 5%>
If recession or rate hikes continue we should be looking at yield above 7%>

When it drop to 70+cents then I will consider.

You still holding on to manulife usd reit? The yield now close to 7%, quite attractive..

(01-10-2022, 02:46 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Target a yield you want wait for it to reach the yield then buy.

Which business doesn't have debts? 

If a firm doesn't have debt, money management must be poor. 

5 years low at 0.865 already...

(03-10-2022, 12:33 PM)debster Wrote:  You still holding on to manulife usd reit? The yield now close to 7%, quite attractive..

Plse read my write up on further study of these reis and potential problems.

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Serious-warnin...nts-BEWARE

On average during normal times it pays 5cts per year.

Right now the yield is 5.75% based on 86.5cts etf price.

It does look okay to invest but not particularly attractive . It is safe though given it is diversified and most of the reits are good quality ones.

.however I think the management fee of the etf is not that low...0.5%

You can see their top holdings and buy those to save on the 0.5 which adds up over long term.

Some of the Maple, Frazer, ascott are quality reits. So not hard to pick and give the etf a miss.

This is the first REITs ETF in Singapore.  Most people could not understand the working of such an ETF especially when it owns no fixed asset except the shares in different REITs.  Expect tradings will be more volatile than the normal REIT if someone started to dump the stock. 

If there is no news about REITs companies/stocks in their portfolio being liquidated,  very likely the traders are selling on rumours.  Normally,  REITs incomes should just fall about 1-2%  for every 100 basis point increase in the debt cost.

Until people can understand fully about how REIT ETF works,  it might not be wise to enter the volatile market now.

This product might have had some value in the early days by offering diversification to people who don’t have a lot to invest in by avoiding exorbitant minimal brokerage fees and large lot size of 1,000.

Nowadays with the advent of super low cost mobile app brokerages and a lot size of 100 which takes minimum investments of REITs to less than a few hundred bucks, there is no point in paying the fund management company 0.6% every year just to replicate an index.

You can easily find the list of REITs in the index here and just buy them directly through your brokerage app and instantly enhance your returns by 0.6% through fee savings https://www.lionglobalinvestors.com/en/f...t-etf.html