M'sia is an 'international laughing stock' for proposing to revive HSR: Lim Guan Eng

any project without pocket money is not going to get approval.

(01-12-2021, 07:26 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  This pariah, Lim GE, is himself an international laughing stock when he carried Mahathir balls on his head and happily canceled the HSR together. A real piece of shxt....... Rolleyes

Bolehland ah, Bolehland.  This is what you get when a cheapo gov ownself con ownself.

Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(10-04-2023, 07:39 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  any project without pocket money is not going to get approval.

Even when Anwar become the PM ?

hmmm.... Rolleyes

Dr M was the PM.

Lim GE was the Finance Minister.

https://www.nst.com.my/amp/news/nation/2...-yet-nsttv

Malaysia does not yet need a high-speed train service, said Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today.

(10-04-2023, 03:14 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Dr M was the PM. Lim GE was the Finance Minister.
https://www.nst.com.my/amp/news/nation/2...-yet-nsttv
Malaysia does not yet need a high-speed train service, said Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today.

And both are no longer in gov ...and both positions are now under one 1 guy - Anwar, just like Najib Big Grin 

One-man operation - PM cum Minister of Finance.
[Image: JERCHHF5INNONIW75ZQIVSZSDI.jpg]

Last time: One-man operation - PM cum Minister of Finance.  Big Grin

[Image: 5-things-najib-razak-as-prime-minister-a...y=92&ssl=1]

Msia cant forever standstill. Get HSR going. It creates jobs and material suppliers make money.

Smile

(10-04-2023, 05:12 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Msia cant forever standstill. Get HSR going. It creates jobs and material suppliers make money.

But according to wise mat-head Dr M logic (and pocket size)- HSR is a waste of $ and "risk bankrupting the country."
At the time of cancellation in 2018, HSR was est around $27 Billion.
Over 4 years later with the super high inflation....I cannot imagine the cost of starting the project again.

Inflation also don't standstill one...
Laughing

https://www.todayonline.com/world/dr-mah...-scrap-hsr

Should run go the way to Jkt

China was able to achieved phenomenal growth is becos CCP is the gov in power and they plan 30 yrs ahead. Which is why Xi Jinping seek 3rd term becos he wants to ensure all his plans to make China great again is successful implemented without disruptions
[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

(10-04-2023, 05:21 PM)Manthink Wrote:  But according to wise mat-head Dr M logic (and pocket size)- HSR is a waste of $ and "risk bankrupting the country."
At the time of cancellation in 2018, HSR was est around $27 Billion.
Over 4 years later with the super high inflation....I cannot imagine the cost of starting the project again.

Inflation also don't standstill one...
Laughing

https://www.todayonline.com/world/dr-mah...-scrap-hsr
Yes, inflation don't stand still, the cost of building this HSR will be higher and will grow higher as years go by................... Big Grin

Besides allow corruptions, there is no benefits to HSR. Who keep saying go KL shopping and back in q day? This to justify the cost?

(10-04-2023, 05:12 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Msia cant forever standstill. Get HSR going. It creates jobs and material suppliers make money.

If the HSR is awarded to the Chinese companies, chances are the materials and manpower will come from China.................. Big Grin

(10-04-2023, 10:28 PM)debono Wrote:  If the HSR is awarded to the Chinese companies, chances are the materials and manpower will come from China.................. Big Grin

how sure are you ?

Smile

(10-04-2023, 08:18 PM)debono Wrote:  Yes, inflation don't stand still, the cost of building this HSR will be higher and will grow higher as years go by................... Big Grin

Ah Lim should tell Anwar no $ no HRS in Bolehland while rest of the World has move on... Big Grin

(10-04-2023, 10:58 PM)Niubee Wrote:  how sure are you ?

We see this happening in countries that are under the Belt and Road Initiatives........countries that had accepted China's loan and it's construction............ Big Grin

(01-12-2021, 02:39 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  When Lim GE and Dr. Mad cancelled HSR, they were the laughing stock!

As a Malaysian, it behoves you to get your facts right, at least for love of your motherland.

It was cancelled by Muhyiddin.  Shame on you that you learn this from me, a Singaporean.  Rolleyes

(11-04-2023, 11:05 AM)debono Wrote:  We see this happening in countries that are under the Belt and Road Initiatives........countries that had accepted China's loan and it's construction............ Big Grin

its construction.

Not 
it's construction.

(11-04-2023, 10:59 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Ah Lim should tell Anwar no $ no HRS in Bolehland while rest of the World has move on... Big Grin

Ah Lim talks nonsense sometimes.

But his nonsense does not include talking to Anwar about "HRS" whatever that might be.  Rolleyes

(11-04-2023, 11:16 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Ah Lim talks nonsense sometimes.

But his nonsense does not include talking to Anwar about "HRS" whatever that might be.  Rolleyes

I think you guys are referring to HSR, not HRS............HSR is High Speed Rail........................... Big Grin

LGE was charged for corruption but magically cleared.

(11-04-2023, 11:20 AM)debono Wrote:  I think you guys are referring to HSR, not HRS............HSR is High Speed Rail........................... Big Grin

You guys?  Rolleyes

I am waiting for Man(think) to crawl out and tell everybody what the eff is HRS.   Rolleyes

(10-04-2023, 07:32 AM)talky Wrote:  best is completely write off the idea of this hsr
spore is lready too crowded!!

Cambodia will be building a HSR line connecting their 2 major cities to a Thai border town.
Malaysia should study how the Cambodian project with a longer route can be build so cheaply (S$5.4b vs the estimated S$20b for the shelved Spore-KL line) and replicate the funding and construction method.

And hope there won't be a HSR extension here as Spore involvement will only jack up the project cost and commoners may be slapped with another 1% gst increase when a high cost line goes into the red. For me, I am ok not to visit KL for the rest of my life. Last visit was 20 years ago. For those who are keen to travel by HSR to KL, an express MRT link (100km/h) from Spore to JB would suffice imo.

Cambodia’s First High-speed Rail Estimated cost $4 Billion
Quote:According to the preliminary research results, Cambodia’s first high-speed rail is expected to cost US$4 billion. 382 kilometers and the construction period is expected to be 4 years
https://cambotoday.com/economic/cambodia...4-billion/

(11-04-2023, 11:12 AM)Oyk Wrote:  As a Malaysian, it behoves you to get your facts right, at least for love of your motherland.

It was cancelled by Muhyiddin.  Shame on you that you learn this from me, a Singaporean.  Rolleyes

As a Goat Flower who only reveres your goat daddy, you are not able to absorb and understand facts from Asian countries. 

That's understandable!  Rotfl

(11-04-2023, 11:05 AM)debono Wrote:  We see this happening in countries that are under the Belt and Road Initiatives........countries that had accepted China's loan and it's construction............ Big Grin

Don't just parrot what Dr M and AMTK is saying lah...end of the day who becomes an international laughing stock after cancelling HSR project ? Big Grin

(11-04-2023, 11:41 AM)Oyk Wrote:  You guys?  Rolleyes
I am waiting for Man(think) to crawl out and tell everybody what the eff is HRS.   Rolleyes

Huh ? Why wait when the World can see PM Anwar sudden major U turn after returning from China recently ? Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCsrlIyv9dY8u0IabhL4G...0&usqp=CAU]

(11-04-2023, 11:48 AM)sgxin Wrote:  Cambodia will be building a HSR line connecting their 2 major cities to a Thai border town.
Malaysia should study how the Cambodian project with a longer route can be build so cheaply (S$5.4b vs the estimated S$20b for the shelved Spore-KL line) and replicate the funding and construction method.

And hope there won't be a HSR extension here as Spore involvement will only jack up the project cost and commoners may be slapped with another 1% gst increase when a high cost line goes into the red. For me, I am ok not to visit KL for the rest of my life. Last visit was 20 years ago. For those who are keen to travel by HSR to KL, an express MRT link (100km/h) from Spore to JB would suffice imo.

Cambodia’s First High-speed Rail Estimated cost $4 Billion
https://cambotoday.com/economic/cambodia...4-billion/

IMO, the problem isn't about $, or technical issue...but politics.

The cancelling of HSR project by M'sian gov remains me of the experience Americans keep having with their railway infrastructure...no thanks to self-serviing interest groups who fear HSR will rob them of their business....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolog...peed-rail/

(11-04-2023, 11:12 AM)Oyk Wrote:  
(01-12-2021, 02:39 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  When Lim GE and Dr. Mad cancelled HSR, they were the laughing stock!

As a Malaysian, it behoves you to get your facts right, at least for love of your motherland.

Ah...anyone can be a "Malaysian" - How typical of "Han SGrean" Oyk  [Image: biggrin.png]

(11-04-2023, 04:11 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Huh ? Why wait when the World can see PM Anwar sudden major U turn after returning from China recently ? Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCsrlIyv9dY8u0IabhL4G...0&usqp=CAU]

Anwar now leading the charge to get HSR project back again...involving Singapore, again..

Let's hope Dr M get to see the deal sign (again) on his 100th birthday. Big Grin

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asi...sion-anwar

(07-11-2023, 10:31 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Ah...anyone can be a "Malaysian" - How typical of "Han SGrean" Oyk  [Image: biggrin.png]

Certainly not.

Not anyone can be a Malaysian. Don't forget how you booted us out on 8.8.65. Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love