What do you think of these PSP suggestions to improve HDB?

https://www.tiktok.com/@user803619450616...5733242114?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

BasicallyThere is a magic trick here....

If couples can buy BTO at 60% cheaper by not counting land costs. ....and HDB recover the land costs upon sale of the flat resale market ....it looks like a win win...

But I ever get such a flat I will never sell and HDB will not get its land costs back.....I will stay until I die then pass it to next gen who stay until the lease ends. Then the govt never gets paid for the land while I use it.

Basically it is a upfront subsidy that comes at the expense of the reserves....because you get to use the land free for  99yrs...if you don't sell.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Yes, it will encourage every sinkie to hoard their HDB and never sell it. Rather rent it out than to sell. The resale supply will evaporate significantly and young people who cannot wait for BTO will find resale much harder to buy.

(30-08-2023, 08:24 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Yes, it will encourage every sinkie to hoard their HDB and never sell it. Rather rent it out than to sell. The resale supply will evaporate significantly and young people who cannot wait for BTO will find resale much harder to buy.
HDB flat for rental only
HDB will be making more losses.
GST hike?

JAC Lau and her daughter gladly pay 25% more than mkt price

to support PAP so the model should add

15% and 20% property tax when HDB are sold within 5 and 10 years bracket

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Land cost is a form of revenue. Is there another source of revenue to replace?

All the hdb will become no value. 
Because you pay back more to HDB when selling the flat. Maybe even be in debt because the land becomes more expensive than your flat.

No more resale hdb in the market, PR cannot buy any resale flat.
Many property agent died because zero hdb resale. 

Singaporean couple salary above 14k are force to buy private Condominium. Condo price sky rocketed to be higher than Hong Kong.

So conclusion, either you buy a hdb that cannot be resell or strike toto to buy the crazy price condo. 
Or become homeless.. Rotfl

Brilliant  Clapping

If want to buy private, then must sell HDB. If u want to stay HDB whole life, go ahead. It's good as policy for housing is for staying not speculation. Hence psp suggestion is good, if land cost is not factor into public housing.

I think the fundamental problem of high cost of housing no matter how we tweak and unless HDB simply build and give away by granting a huge discount ...there is no solution without someone santa claus and giving money.

The main cause is high living density and growing population. So long as the demand keeps increasing the cost of housing goes up. There is no solution.

In HK the property price fell 30% after the economy crash...but that is not a goodway to make prices fall.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(31-08-2023, 11:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think the fundamental problem of high cost of housing no matter how we tweak and unless HDB simply build and give away by granting  a huge discount ...there is no solution without someone santa claus and giving money.

The main cause is high living density and growing population. So long as the demand keeps increasing the cost of housing goes up. There is no solution.

In HK the property price fell 30% after the economy crash...but that is not a goodway to make prices fall.

To buy a 4rm flat size at 100k price in a developed city state. It is not possible at all. 
And many Singaporean will complain if they sell without profit or worse, losing capital.

80% of housing is from HDB. Imagine every owners lost $ when they sell it. Isn't it ridiculous? 

And 80% of housing occupied a huge % of Singapore land. All become no income asset for our Reserves. Singapore will collapse overnight. All thanks to the genius idea. Cheers!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Sounds like rubbish. Where got such thing as staying in a house on a plot of "free" land. Dunno which country in this world let their citizens officially stay on land free of charge. Last time during the British colony days, many kampong houses were built on free land and these people were known as "squatters".  I think now got some staying on free land in tents somewhere along the coast.   Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(31-08-2023, 12:18 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Sounds like rubbish. Where got such thing as staying in a house on a plot of "free" land. Dunno which country in this world let their citizens officially stay on land free of charge. Last time during the British colony days, many kampong houses were built on free land and these people were known as "squatters".  I think now got some staying on free land in tents somewhere along the coast.   Big Grin

Smile you go see Monaco Public housing system in return why their locals don't mind work as cleaners, taxi driver etc low end job. Even no need so call need Foreigner workers , talents.

Because their Govt make Public housing not expensive thus people can afford in return work as cleaners, taxi drivers etc low end job is OK since they don't need to worry monthly loans easily pay off finish within short period. Later can retire comfortable

SG Housing system is to indirect make you slaves for labour till you work till drop . Don't even have a comfortable retirement savings despite so call having CPF system because you also using this to pay your housing.

(31-08-2023, 12:18 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Sounds like rubbish. Where got such thing as staying in a house on a plot of "free" land. Dunno which country in this world let their citizens officially stay on land free of charge. Last time during the British colony days, many kampong houses were built on free land and these people were known as "squatters".  I think now got some staying on free land in tents somewhere along the coast.   Big Grin

That's why opposition is not always right.
Must read the context.

(31-08-2023, 12:25 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile you go see Monaco Public housing system in return why their locals don't mind work as cleaners, taxi driver etc low end job. Even no need so call need Foreigner workers , talents.

Because their Govt make Public housing not expensive thus people can afford in return work as cleaners, taxi drivers etc low end job is OK since they don't need to worry monthly loans easily pay off finish within short period. Later can retire comfortable

SG Housing system is to indirect make you slaves for labour till you work till drop . Don't even have a comfortable retirement savings despite so call having CPF system because you also using this to pay your housing.

Well. The 80% Singaporean "slaves" still buying non stop and cashing out profits. 
Even Malaysian, foreigners willing to become our "slave" too...
Demands more than supplies.
Laughing

(31-08-2023, 12:25 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile you go see Monaco Public housing system in return why their locals don't mind work as cleaners, taxi driver etc low end job. Even no need so call need Foreigner workers , talents.

Actually,  our HDB price is not really expensive if you are buying BTO. One important thing is the person must buy it "during his younger days". For example, during my time a 3-room HDB cost only around $20K and I found it expensive because my salary at that time was only $1K per month. Now I guess it costs a few hundred thousand dollars but the salary now is also very high. So it is affordable for the people of this generation where their pay is high.

You see many people complaining HDB price is very high because they missed the boat like Ah Butt who dun buy it earlier during his younger days when the price is still less than $50K for a 3-room flat. Another group of people who complain are those who sold their flats bought earlier at $20K for a big profit and now want to buy back but the price now is a few hundred thousand dollars.  Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung