Malaysia new MM2H scheme to help S'poreans retire explained...

The impact of this on improving the quality of your retirement is higher than the recent changes to CPF....

https://www.tiktok.com/@novelty2021/vide...7199846657?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Young s'porean guy so young run to Malaysia to retire

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Called a loser by other Singaporeans for quitting Sinagpore, Christopher explains what happened to him after living in Malaysia for 1yr.

This Singapore Govt is a loser and needs Malaysia to rescue. Such a slap on PM Lee’s face to make him lose another few GRCs.

New gen ppl all want FIRE esp
Ai is a must for future

Forest City is a better choice in JB for those who wish to retire. It is due to the physical terrain. 

As for the infrastructure, it is up to the successive governments. For Anwar, he is more of a pro-business person but ... Once a student leader and also an Education Minister. Dr M had pressed him down as the latter posed a threat to him. However, little is known about subsequent governments which can change due to the proximity to Singapore.

As for commercial shopping centres, they pop and go over the years.

Dun forget that country can CLOB you after you shiok shiok settled there.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

Though I have not invested in Forest City, it is an ideal place for middle to high-class people with calculated risk on safety.

JB-causeway is a better place for investment with profit and not an ideal place for staying.

(27-12-2023, 09:46 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Dun forget that country can CLOB you after you shiok shiok settled there.     Big Grin

I still have my Sir Hartamas and don't what counter which continues to be on suspension. Others had also given private companies which go without any news.  Last time, they had MAS, KLI, Renong... Most of them, I had changed the physical scripts to my name before I dumped them away a few years later. No dividend received.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/...ning/57129

(27-12-2023, 09:55 AM)theold Wrote:  I still have my Sir Hartamas and don't what counter which continues to be on suspension. Others had also given private companies which go without any news.  Last time, they had MAS, KLI, Renong... Most of them, I had changed the physical scripts to my name before I dumped them away a few years later. No dividend received.
Can fully understand your pain...so total donation to tak boleh land how much??

(27-12-2023, 09:46 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Dun forget that country can CLOB you after you shiok shiok settled there.     Big Grin

Let me explain this one more for those who still don't understand.

1. CLOB was created by the Singapore govt to benefit Singapore brokers . The Malaysian govt advised not to do this as it creates a grey secondary market for for their their stocks. The Singapore govt refused to listen.

2. CLOB became unviable when Dr M implemented currency control to end the Asian financial crisis. CLOB was not his target but became collateral damage.

3. The shares were stuck in limbo because local brokers cannot arbitrage as currency cannot flow freely.

4. Dr. M is not going to make life easy by allowing a straight forward transfer because CLOB was designed to take business from Malaysian exchange and profit Singapore brokers. 

5. The Singapore govt and local brokers to walk away from responsibility created propaganda to blame Dr. M for the plight of investors here. But they were the ones who created CLOB and had previously assured Singaporeans it was safe to trade despite warnings from Malaysia side.

6. In the end Dr. M allowed scrips to be registered and traded jn Malaysia exchange. The Singapore brokers who made all the commissions refuse to bare eventual cost of the transfer and registration...and the Singapore govt did refuse to make them 

The SGX would go on the S Chips and shady reits to make Singapore investors lose more money.

Eventually most of the clob counters would become worthless because the brokers and singapore exchange brought in the most speculative and high volume stocks controlled by syndicates to earn more commission. 

Dr. M is not the villain in this story. He was demonised by the Singapore media which is controlled by Singapore govt to make Singaporeans blame someone else. CLOB was created to help Songapore brokers make money....and the Singapore govt allowed it.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(27-12-2023, 09:55 AM)theold Wrote:  I still have my Sir Hartamas and don't what counter which continues to be on suspension. Others had also given private companies which go without any news.  Last time, they had MAS, KLI, Renong... Most of them, I had changed the physical scripts to my name before I dumped them away a few years later. No dividend received.

You must remember the sgx Singapore brokers and Singapore govt created clob and brought in the most speculative syndicate controlled Malaysian stocks to make more commission from Singaporeans.  ..in the end most of these shady companies collapsed.

Just like s chips and recently shady reits.

That is why i don't support Tharman...much of these happen under his watch.

(27-12-2023, 09:50 AM)theold Wrote:  Though I have not invested in Forest City, it is an ideal place for middle to high-class people with calculated risk on safety.

JB-causeway is a better place for investment with profit and not an ideal place for staying.

Really?

Watch this.

https://youtu.be/yAhJSrhwWSE?si=4PzRFl6HNnXtNM9M

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(27-12-2023, 10:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Let me explain this one more for those who still don't understand.

1. CLOB was created by the Singapore govt to benefit Singapore brokers . The Malaysian govt advised not to do this as it creates a grey secondary market for for their their stocks. The Singapore govt refused to listen.

2. CLOB became unviable when Dr M implemented currency control to end the Asian financial crisis. CLOB was not his target but became collateral damage.

3. The shares were stuck in limbo because local brokers cannot arbitrage as currency cannot flow freely.

4. Dr. M is not going to make life easy by allowing a straight forward transfer because CLOB was designed to take business from Malaysian exchange and profit Singapore brokers. 

5. The Singapore govt and local brokers to walk away from responsibility created propaganda to blame Dr. M for the plight of investors here. But they were the ones who created CLOB and had previously assured Singaporeans it was safe to trade despite warnings from Malaysia side.

6. In the end Dr. M allowed scrips to be registered and traded jn Malaysia exchange. The Singapore brokers who made all the commissions refuse to bare eventual cost of the transfer and registration...and the Singapore govt did refuse to make them 

The SGX would go on the S Chips and shady reits to make Singapore investors lose more money.

Eventually most of the clob counters would become worthless because the brokers and singapore exchange brought in the most speculative and high volume stocks controlled by syndicates to earn more commission. 

Dr. M is not the villain in this story. He was demonised by the Singapore media which is controlled by Singapore govt to make Singaporeans blame someone else. CLOB was created to help Songapore brokers make money....and the Singapore govt allowed it.

Excellent piece

A Masterpiece

Of twist and turn  Rolleyes

(27-12-2023, 10:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You must remember the sgx Singapore brokers and Singapore govt created clob and brought in the most speculative syndicate controlled Malaysian stocks to make more commission from Singaporeans.  ..in the end most of these shady companies collapsed.

Singapore was wrong ti do things lawfully? Wow!

Mahathir was not wrong to chao kuan?

Your kind of argument would also mean you support the US printing US dollars to pay China the trillions it owes her.

Your write like that Thum guy.

I'd suggest you F...k off and return to Muar.  Rolleyes

Anwar will not be PM forever. Next PM may not be so pro-business. Never invest long-term there!
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post

Sgbutt, if you value your life..
https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/where-...nsacked-jb

One Singaporean's car was ransacked while he was on holiday in Johor Bahru on Dec 15.

Taking to TikTok last Sunday (Dec 17), user Thebluecarguy said that he had parked his car at KSL D'Esplanade Residence, which was "heavily guarded" with security personnel.

[Image: 20232012_car_tiktok.jpg?itok=P1N_e-TW]

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

India has less crimes and is more suitable for ah butt

The important things to consider for place of retirement are...

whether the place is convenient and friendly for old people whose mobility is not so good especially in the last 5 or 10 years of your life. At that age say 80 yo you most probably returned your class 3 driving license and must take public transport. Are the busses there cater for wheel chair and pma to board? Also are the pathways there handicap friendly where you can move your pma or wheel chair to higher levels without using the steps.

Next is medical facilities like our polyclinic to get subsidies medicine and treatment. If not, it would be much suffering to come all the way back here for medicines.

Next is safety of the place like robbery. Is there a need to wear knife proof vest when moving around at night?

These are just some examples. Those videos posted by ah butt are selling you a good life for people who are young, can still jump and run. He might not be saying the same thing when he had to walk around with a walking stick or wheelchairs 20 or 30 years later.      Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 4 users Like Huliwang's post

(27-12-2023, 10:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Let me explain this one more for those who still don't understand.

GD ARTICLES TO SHED TRUE LIGHT ON CLOB! IN THIS CASE SGX N SPORE GOVT ARE THE CULPRITS.

(27-12-2023, 10:54 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Excellent piece

A Masterpiece

Of twist and turn  Rolleyes

Knnbccb many people here caught you doing that as well as changing of subject when on losing ground Knnbccb!

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED

(27-12-2023, 10:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You must remember the sgx Singapore brokers and Singapore govt created clob and brought in the most speculative syndicate controlled Malaysian stocks to make more commission from Singaporeans.  ..in the end most of these shady companies collapsed.

Should be under Richard Hu’s watch lah Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(27-12-2023, 07:49 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Should be under Richard Hu’s watch lah Thinking

Post Fianmcial Crisis, markets in advanced countries adopted 
sabanes oxley act to prevent fraud. Tharman refuse to save cost for listed companies....the result was S Chips debacle and numerous fraud on our small stock exchange. ....

Fake news la..
These people just want our money and dump us in the end.
Only fools believe in such story.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(27-12-2023, 07:39 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The impact of this on improving the quality of your retirement is higher than the recent changes to CPF....

https://www.tiktok.com/@novelty2021/vide...7199846657?

Very simple Lah 

If the Chinese Malaysian are not buying condominium in JB, FC, PC, etc..
Why must Singaporean buy it? 
If the Malaysian themselves knows it is a lousy investment. Don't be stupid to pick up, what other people don't want in their own country. 

We know in Malaysia, regulation and govt policies keep on changing in every 2 years. Especially those affecting foreigners. So many damn bloody examples.
Clob, MM2H, Custom clearance, Taxes GST, VAT, Sales Tax, etc..

SIngaporean normally faced the worst, in Malaysia new changes of policies. And yet need to park $million in Malaysian bank, buy Property just for longer term visa 5 to 10 years? Even when getting the PR can be revoke anytime. 
What a lousy deal.

Might as well park that same amount of money in Canada, Australia, US for PR and Citizenship after 5 years stay. No brainer deal.

Lastly, even the Chinese Malaysian  emigrates to other countries. To avoid the bumiputera system, future political instability and the eventuality of religious law implementation.
Why Chinese Singaporean still get themselves into such angles? With millions $ stuck into something even Singapore Government cannot help.

Better don't play with fire.

(27-12-2023, 11:44 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  India has less crimes and is more suitable for ah butt

South India is suitable for him.  Rotfl
Safer place for him.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(28-12-2023, 11:55 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Very simple Lah 

If the Chinese Malaysian are not buying condominium in JB, FC, PC, etc..
Why must Singaporean buy it? 
If the Malaysian themselves knows it is a lousy investment. Don't be stupid to pick up, what other people don't want in their own country. 

We know in Malaysia, regulation and govt policies keep on changing in every 2 years. Especially those affecting foreigners. So many damn bloody examples.
Clob, MM2H, Custom clearance, Taxes GST, VAT, Sales Tax, etc..

SIngaporean normally faced the worst, in Malaysia new changes of policies. And yet need to park $million in Malaysian bank, buy Property just for longer term visa 5 to 10 years? Even when getting the PR can be revoke anytime. 
What a lousy deal.

Might as well park that same amount of money in Canada, Australia, US for PR and Citizenship after 5 years stay. No brainer deal.

Lastly, even the Chinese Malaysian  emigrates to other countries. To avoid the bumiputera system, future political instability and the eventuality of religious law implementation.
Why Chinese Singaporean still get themselves into such angles? With millions $ stuck into something even Singapore Government cannot help.

Better don't play with fire.

Just want to explain my view of what you wrote
Malaysian Chinese often leave especially those with good qualifications to work in other countries favorite is Canada, US and Australia. ...and Singapore ....This is true.because pay is much higher outside Malaysia.

Due to falljng ringgit and need to diversify they park money out of Malaysia.

However after their working life many actually return or spend more time in Malaysia due to the low cost of living. They usually buy a property they can return to ...i iis pocket change for those who worked overseas...it US more for use than investment as you rightly pointed out it may not be a good investment.

If there a few siblings one will keep Malaysian citizenship to help to buy low price property. 

These properties used as retirement homes...they cannot live better or cheaper than this...elsewhere.

In fact many Austrlian, UK retirees stay in places like Malacca and KL because cost is lower.

KL is faboriteb among young retirees from Japan

(28-12-2023, 12:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just want to explain my view of what you wrote
Malaysian Chinese often leave especially those with good qualifications to work in other countries favorite is Canada, US and Australia. ...and Singapore ....This is true.because pay is much higher outside Malaysia.

Due to falljng ringgit and need to diversify they park money out of Malaysia.

However after their working life many actually return or spend more time in Malaysia due to the low cost of living. They usually buy a property they can return to ...i iis pocket change for those who worked overseas...it US more for use than investment as you rightly pointed out it may not be a good investment.

If there a few siblings one will keep Malaysian citizenship to help to buy low price property. 

These properties used as retirement homes...they cannot live better or cheaper than this...elsewhere.

In fact many Austrlian, UK retirees stay in places like Malacca and KL because cost is lower.

KL is faboriteb among young retirees from Japan

The Chinese Malaysian are not buying condominium in JB.
Not even one in my Malaysian friends group. We had been cycling together for years. They are engineer, manager migrated to Singapore. And PR of Canada. Rich, educated, buying condominium or HDB flat in Singapore. All advised me not to buy properties in Malaysia. 

Their property in Malaysia are usually for their older parents or relatives. Only buying the townhouse landed property. Never condominium due to strata problem,maintenance issues. And too small. Why buy such a small flat in Malaysia, where there are plentiful of cheap lands.

As for retirement, they are considering which country can offer the best investment of their money, parked in property, cash deposits currency and health care system. 
Malaysia is not the best in such area. Property never makes money, currency falling into bottomless hole. And health care system not comparable to many other countries. Such as Canada, Australia, etc...

Even for living cost, many bigger countries food, car, etc, are cheaper than Malaysia. 
Without the dilemma of unstable government policies, political system and religious political challenge. 
Which is the main reason for Chinese Malaysian friends to emigrate. 
That's the truth from my Chinese Malaysian friends.