Malaysia sentenced her to hang for 3.5kg of meth. Now she gets to live

She came from Japan and Malaysia sentenced her to hang for 3.5kg of meth. Now she gets to live

Mariko Takeuchi was the first Japanese national to be sentenced to death for drug trafficking in Malaysia
But she could now walk free by 2029 after her death sentence was commuted following last year’s judicial reform"
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast...l%20reform

If she entered 400km south, she will die

No talking cock biz

hope singapore will one day has no death sentence. it is barbaric to take one life except almighty willing.

(31-05-2024, 06:52 AM)sclim Wrote:  hope singapore will one day has no death sentence. it is barbaric to take one life except almighty willing.
Then those lives taken away by these druggies are ok?
Lives not referring to just the drug addicts but also the people around them.
[+] 2 users Like Buffybuffy's post

1 life vs many. Spare her and many families will be affected
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(31-05-2024, 07:32 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  1 life vs many. Spare her and many families will be affected
Killing her is barbaric while she indirectly killing so many and is ok. What kind of logic is that?

3.5 kg and not 300g walau can go scot free. Great

Next time will not be 3.5 kg will be 3 tonnes

Malaysia still has death sentence la...
Subject to courts verdict

Misplaced sympathy. Should shoot her, hang her and then quarter her gao gao Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(31-05-2024, 06:52 AM)sclim Wrote:  hope singapore will one day has no death sentence. it is barbaric to take one life except almighty willing.

Siao ah. No death sentence. Then someone killed yr love ones and you still say no death sentence because it is barbaric.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Sacrifice a few for the greater good

两害相权取其轻,两利相权取其重

According to Amnesty International, as of 2022, 54 countries still have the death penalty, while 144 countries have abolished it.

Here's a breakdown of the number of countries with the death penalty by region:

1. Asia-Pacific: 23 countries (e.g., China, Japan, Singapore)
2. Africa: 16 countries (e.g., Egypt, Nigeria, South Sudan)
3. Americas: 4 countries (e.g., United States, Cuba)
4. Europe: 1 country (Belarus)
5. Middle East and North Africa: 10 countries (e.g., Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq)

It's important to note that even among countries with the death penalty, its use can vary widely, and some countries may have moratoriums or be considering abolition.

Remember, the death penalty is a complex and controversial issue, and its use raises ethical, legal, and human rights concerns.

"Malaysia has the death penalty, but it is no longer mandatory for 12 offenses, including drug trafficking and murder ¹ ² ³. 

Some of the key points about the death penalty in Malaysia are:

- The death penalty is still in place for 34 capital crimes in Malaysia, including murder, drug trafficking, treason, and terrorism.
- Executions are carried out by hanging.

- The government imposed a moratorium on all executions in 2018, and the mandatory death penalty was formally abolished in 2023.

- Judges now have the discretion to impose a prison sentence of 30 to 40 years for most offenses that previously carried the mandatory death penalty.

- The death penalty is still in place for drug trafficking under the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952.

- Judges have the discretion to impose the death penalty or a prison sentence for 11 serious crimes.
- The new law replaces the mandatory death penalty with a sentence of 30 to 40 years in prison, with the exception of offenses under the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952, where life imprisonment remains a possibility.:"

So why Singapore must abolish death penalty? 
Even in Malaysia, they just tweeted the law into discretionary judgment, not totally abolished. 

Singapore has been govern by laws and regulations without fail. 
The law abiding people lived a proper life, working hard to survive peacefully and prosper. Under the umbrella of a lawful governance. 

Why should law abiding Singaporean give up the legal system that oversees their's family, friends and neighbourhood peaceful life? 
How many countries in the world have such low records of drugs abuse? 
Even some American admired our well controlled drug abuse society. 

We never ask the criminals to commit crimes in Singapore, we are the victims. Our families, friends and society suffered under the criminal greeds. 

Why should we give up our legal system that protected us?
Just because of some organisations ideology that failed in the West?