S'pore named most overworked country in APAC...

Leaders want Singaooreans to work longer before retirement.
[Image: nmKERGS.jpeg]

https://sbr.com.sg/hr-education/in-focus...ry-in-apac

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/202307...onals.aspx

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Earlier I wrote that the PAP approach to the economy is wrong and harms Singaporeans.

The path they put Singapore on is not just of diminishing returns but negative returns.

If the country is progressing well why are elderly forced to work longer to afford retirement...don't you think that shows things are getting worse each year...

[Image: RpaHAs4.jpeg]

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Angmo countries just lazy.

45 hours a week is alot meh? Only 9 hours a day, and I think that includes lunch time lol. Many sinkies also spend a lot of time talking instead of doing real work.

Ignore List: Oyk

sinkies are hard working - to pay for high COL.

This is because working hours is weaponised to override KPI for locals

Knnah, nowadays 45 hrs per week kpkb overwork liao. My time working 60 hrs per week was common and workers very happy got work to do and OT to earn. The PGs were afraid short working hours or no work more than working long hours.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

is it?
so thats why our ministers always sleep in parliament
they have been working overtime without rest thru the week

(09-04-2024, 11:12 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Knnah, nowadays 45 hrs per week kpkb overwork liao. My time working 60 hrs per week was common and workers very happy got work to do and OT to earn. The PGs were afraid short working hours or no work more than working long hours.     Big Grin

your time was 1940 or 1950?

(09-04-2024, 11:30 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  your time was 1940 or 1950?

My time the British naval base still here.    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

How many hours you work per week? 0?

(09-04-2024, 08:57 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Earlier I wrote that the PAP approach to the economy is wrong and harms Singaporeans.

The path they put Singapore on is not just of diminishing returns but negative returns.

If the country is progressing well why are elderly forced to work longer to afford retirement...don't you think that shows things are getting worse each year...

The root cause is the voters and not PAP.

If PAP is no good, why 60% voters still vote for PAP ?

you cannot change PAP, you have to change the voters.

WHY ?

(09-04-2024, 08:57 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Earlier I wrote that the PAP approach to the economy is wrong and harms Singaporeans. The path they put Singapore on is not just of diminishing returns but negative returns. If the country is progressing well why are elderly forced to work longer to afford retirement...don't you think that shows things are getting worse each year.

Our Ministers (including former disgraced politicians) are either clueless or dishonest when claiming that seniors who collect used cardboard are not doing so to make ends meet, but for the exercise. 

(09-04-2024, 11:35 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  How many hours you work per week? 0?

Tens of thousands of S'poreans have been displaced from their livelihood by our open door policy to admit plane loads of foreigners into our country

[Image: Ceca.jpg]

(09-04-2024, 11:56 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Tens of thousands of S'poreans have been displaced from their livelihood by our open door policy to admit plane loads of foreigners into our country

[Image: Ceca.jpg]

And you just lie flat without putting up any fight? Too shy to hold placard at mrt station?

(09-04-2024, 12:02 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  And you just lie flat without putting up any fight? Too shy to hold placard at mrt station?

You do know what happens when you ASSUME, don't you? You make an ASS of yourself. I am protesting on various forums to the treason committed by our politicians. Your placard display is an act of futility that has an extremely limited reach. 

(09-04-2024, 12:08 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  You do know what happens when you ASSUME, don't you? You make an ASS of yourself. I am protesting on various forums to the treason committed by our politicians. Your placard display is an act of futility that has an extremely limited reach. 

No point making so much noise while hiding behind the keyboard like a mouse. Many people including ah butt could do that better

Show face better lah, so ppl would take you seriously

I thought Chinese companies like Alibaba work 996, 9am to 9pm six days a week, much longer than is.

Heard Japanese also work very long hours, many people work until midnight or 1am then go back sleep for 6 hours and return to office again early next morning

(09-04-2024, 08:48 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Leaders want Singaooreans to work longer before retirement.
[Image: nmKERGS.jpeg]

https://sbr.com.sg/hr-education/in-focus...ry-in-apac

I doubt these numbers are accurate. While there are clearcut working hours for blue collar workers and those running shifts, the waters are murky when it comes to the typical PME.

In theory most PME employment contracts stipulate standard office hours of around 9am - 6pm and five day workweek, problem is much more happens in real life. Many answer calls, emails and meetings after leaving office and during weekends as well. There doesn't seem to be an accurate way to capture these snippet times and collate them into useful data currently.

For e.g., if a PME answers 2 emails spanning 10 minutes each after office hours, that would already add 20 minutes on top. How about constant short Whatsapp / Teams messages with bosses and colleagues? Each reply is maybe only 1 minute at most, but pile together it's a lot. Not to mention those working in foreign companies often have late night and early morning teleconferences.

I think Singapore is not productive. Long hours but output lower than countries with shorter hours. The long hours clocked could well be to claim the paycheck and not so much as to achieve higher targets... Lol

(09-04-2024, 05:55 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I think Singapore is not productive. Long hours but output lower than countries with shorter hours. The long hours clocked could well be to claim the paycheck and not so much as to achieve higher targets... Lol

Local SME bosses don't understand that longer time does not equate to producing more. But somehow they just want employees to work more hours so that is worth their salary paid.

(09-04-2024, 03:13 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Heard Japanese also work very long hours, many people work until midnight or 1am then go back sleep for 6 hours and return to office again early next morning

From the data given, their working hours on average has plunged
below 1900hrs yearly.
https://www.japannihon.com/how-long-is-w...-in-japan/
Perhaps pull down by high portion of short working hour jobs.

No worry.

AI will replace them soon.
AI work 24 by 7 without complaint.