Marie Osmond says her kids won't get an inheritance. She's donating to charity

Megan Johnson
Mon, 16 January 2023 at 2:06 am SGT

The former country singer, 63, opened up about her plans to donate her wealth to charity instead of leaving it to her seven kids.

The singer firmly believes that leaving wealth can discourage the younger generation from working hard.

“Congratulations, kids. My husband and I decided that ... I think you do a great disservice to your children to just hand them a fortune because you take away the one most important gift you can give your children, and that’s the ability to work."

Osmond added that children of wealthy families often “don’t know what to do” and “get in trouble." “Let them be proud of what they make, and I’m going to give mine to my charity," she added.

Despite her statements, Osmond elaborated that she has no problem helping out her children financially through their lives, whether it's to purchase a home or a car.

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/marie-osmond-...40902.html

Same as Warren Buffett.

Chinese also has saying wealth don't cross 3 Gens ...usually lead to family quarrels, moral rot and all sorts of bad blood.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Talk only or real? Some do it for publicity and later change their mind. One well known actor from HK who talk cock only.

https://youtu.be/Eov0TMGuLYs

A small amount each shd be ok lah. Like 2m for house and car, 2m for savings, and 2m for starting businesses

to each his own but
i also wont give because i intend to spend all..
[+] 1 user Likes menghuii's post

(16-01-2023, 12:58 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  A small amount each shd be ok lah. Like 2m for house and car, 2m for savings, and 2m for starting businesses

Total $6M?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

she should use the money to set up a business for each of her 7 children
help her children become financially independent

(16-01-2023, 12:22 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Talk only or real? Some do it for publicity and later change their mind. One well known actor from HK who talk cock only.

jackie chan ?

Smile