Russia threatens retaliation if Ukraine demands not met

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/russia-threate...06862.html
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

Sorry I have not followed this issue.

Russia is threatening to invade Ukraine if Ukraine joins NATO?

Ukraine don't have the right to choose to join NATO?

How come?

What is the other side of the story?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-01-2022, 08:17 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Sorry I have not followed this issue.

Russia is threatening to invade Ukraine if Ukraine joins NATO?

Ukraine don't have the right to choose to join NATO?

How come?

What is the other side of the story?

Please answer me there is no more Warsaw pact today but why Nato keep on expanding to doorstep of Russia?

[Image: History-of-NATO-enlargement-el.png]

(27-01-2022, 08:22 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  Please answer me there is no more Warsaw pact today but why Nato keep on expanding to doorstep of Russia?

[Image: Map-of-NATO-countries.png]

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 27 European countries, 2 North American countries, and 1 Eurasian country. The organization implements the North Atlantic Treaty that was signed on 4 April 1949.

(27-01-2022, 08:22 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  Please answer me there is no more Warsaw pact today but why Nato keep on expanding? 

Small states should join NATO to improve their security against countries like Russia.

NATO is a defensive pack to discourage aggressive actions.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-01-2022, 08:40 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Small states should join NATO to improve their security against countries like Russia.

NATO is a defensive pack to discourage aggressive actions.

What wrong with Russia and also who told you NATO is a defensive pack?

Did Russian massacred million of innocent civilians in Middle East, Central Asia and Africa like American and Western European before?
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

(27-01-2022, 08:44 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  What wrong with Russia and also who told you NATO is a defensive pack?

Did Russian massacred million of innocent civilians in Middle East, Central Asia and Africa like American and Western European before?

Russia under Stalin did untold horrors to Ukraine please go read up.

That is why Ukraine needs to protect itself.

It is small country next to Russia which often js run by strong men leaders prone to war and international.intrigue.

The European Union is split on this issue. Germany and France have kept a very low profile. Likely they are not in favour of Wild West nuclear weapons on their doorsteps. There should be no one big brother in the world.

Would be dramatic when Switzerland inducted into NATO.

(27-01-2022, 08:57 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Russia under Stalin did untold horrors to Ukraine please go read up.

That is why Ukraine needs to protect itself.

It is small country next to Russia which often js run by strong men leaders prone to war and international.intrigue.

[Image: 16839317-3-FAC-4-E16-81-B0-EFEC22-CE749-D.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

At the end of the day the heart of the issue is really a 3-cornered fight between US, EU and RU. Sadly nobody gives a hoot what Ukraine thinks or even if it wants to join NATO, it's just an inanimate prop that is brought on or off the stage depending on the needs of the show.

US is trying to suppress RU and EU by creating conflict at Ukraine in order to disrupt Nord Stream II energy network and slap down any attempts by EU to set up a European Army that is independent of the US led NATO. The ideal outcome for US is for Ukraine to drag on forever in limbo and always get threatened by RU but yet no war and thus no real commitment needed by US. This allows the US to tighten its grip on the Europeans in military and foreign affairs.

EU is trying to cooperate with RU on energy and BRI and yet still wants to keep the US handy as a security bargaining chip against the Russians. The ideal outcome for EU is to continue to produce US friendly rhetoric and RU friendly commercial dealings while slowly working behind the scenes to wean EU off from NATO. They want US out of Europe but yet not too far away to bolster their position.

RU on the other hand wants to work with EU, prevent NATO from expanding and achieve an optically strong outcome to maintain domestic stability. Thus the RU ideal outcome is continue cooperation with EU on energy and BRI / economic matters while carving something out of Ukraine to show they are not to be trifled with.

Regardless of the eventual outcome, one thing is for sure - Ukraine is 101% screwed. There are no permutations in which the outcome is even neutral to Ukraine, all of them are different shades of disaster. This is what happens when a poor and shiithole country tries to smart alec and thinks it can eat from three sides.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

(27-01-2022, 09:05 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  [Image: 16839317-3-FAC-4-E16-81-B0-EFEC22-CE749-D.jpg]

sometime it makes me wonder is going to war part of their presidential module? just like a school module. complete all modules before graduating.   Thinking

Stupid blind country leaders being made manipulated by us, europ, rusia leaders to perpetuate their rule.

US has its own group. Europe has its own group. Russia has its own group.

EU officials have bemoaned being sidelined from big decisions on Ukraine

French President Emmanuel Macron has called on the EU to finalise a proposal to negotiate with Russia.

Speaking to European Parliament members (MEPs) in Strasbourg last week, he said the security and stability plan should “first be built among Europeans, and then shared with NATO allies”.

But not every EU nation is in tune with Macron.

Some have a troubled history with Russia, preferring a transatlantic response, rather than a separate EU proposal.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/1/26...-on-russia