Mobile phone sexperted needed

Why Japanese don’t have produce reputable mobile phone?

Jap: Toyota, Honda, Sony n etc
Kor: Hyundai, KIA, Samsung

(02-01-2024, 12:18 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Why Japanese don’t have produce reputable mobile phone?

They are not allowed to compéte with Apple and Google

Sony bought over errivson and died together

(02-01-2024, 12:18 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Why Japanese don’t have produce reputable mobile phone?

Jap companies tried but lost to Apple and Samsung domestically. Globally they couldn't compete with the Chinese brands and after a while all the possible Japanese conglomerates gave up on this industry.

Currently in Japan Apple dominates with around 75% market share whereas most of the remaining is taken up by Samsung and Pixel. Chinese brands have almost no presence there.

I quite pity ordinary the Japanese, their average salaries aren't exactly very high but they don't have any cheap phone options and are getting fleeced left right centre.

20 years ago got Sharp and Panasonic..............a friend bought both and Nokia's flagship model...............the Sharp and Panasonic made the Nokia look like a toy................the Japs' build quality, finishing, LCD and even the sound quality............in a league of their own.......

(02-01-2024, 12:22 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  They are not allowed to compéte with Apple and Google

yes..............you're right...............just like why Japs not big in computers or military weapons.............

part of the Zionist plan................otherwise, no way Taiwan can dominate computer motherboards..........

(02-01-2024, 12:38 PM)maxsanic Wrote:  Jap companies tried but lost to Apple and Samsung domestically. Globally they couldn't compete with the Chinese brands and after a while all the possible Japanese conglomerates gave up on this industry.

Currently in Japan Apple dominates with around 75% market share whereas most of the remaining is taken up by Samsung and Pixel. Chinese brands have almost no presence there.

I quite pity ordinary the Japanese, their average salaries aren't exactly very high but they don't have any cheap phone options and are getting fleeced left right centre.

Sony got no affordable phones meh ?............maybe start from 500 bucks ?

Samsung got budget models mah...........

japan handset are made for japanese market and lock for japanese market

that why they do not made handset for oversea market

Japanese have Sony Erisson, Sharp and Fujitsu are top Jaoanese brands. 

Because Handphone itself is a low margin competitive business that many players can go in...it is not something important to win at.  India, Vietnam and Indonesia are all capable of making handphones and have local brands.

Handphone business model is becoming  just another appliance like rice cooker, kettle, vacuum cleaner, TV.....etc 

It is software and connectivity that is most important ....for example TikTok which connects people to content. ....here the Japanese are completely absent.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(02-01-2024, 12:51 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Japanese have Sony Erisson, Sharp and Fujitsu are top Jaoanese brands. 

Because Handphone itself is a low margin competitive business that many players can go in...it is not something important to win at.  India, Vietnam and Indonesia are all capable of making handphones and have local brands.

Handphone business model is becoming  just another appliance like rice cooker, kettle, vacuum cleaner, TV.....etc 

It is software and connectivity that is most important ....for example TikTok which connects people to content. ....here the Japanese are completely absent.
Cost of Apple is less than $100. Damn lucrative

(02-01-2024, 12:45 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  20 years ago got Sharp and Panasonic..............a friend bought both and Nokia's flagship model...............the Sharp and Panasonic made the Nokia look like a toy................the Japs' build quality, finishing, LCD and even the sound quality............in a league of their own.......

yes..............you're right...............just like why Japs not big in computers or military weapons.............

part of the Zionist plan................otherwise, no way Taiwan can dominate computer motherboards..........
Price to pay for being friend with US?

Japanese still make mobile phones ....

Sharp

Fujitsu

Sony

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(02-01-2024, 12:47 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  Sony got no affordable phones meh ?............maybe start from 500 bucks ?

Samsung got budget models mah...........

Yes, for some reason I'm not familiar with (I suspect its due to the carrier distribution model), the market is dominated by the high-end Apple and Samsung phones.

The low end Samsung models we see here in those Ah Beng shops don't have much of a presence in Japan. As for the minority of Jap brand mobile phones they mainly serve the niche market, collectively all of them don't even add up to 5% market share IIRC.

Considering the extremely low domestic volumes and almost no overseas market presence, I suspect those Japanese models are probably there just to "show presence" and likely to be loss making.

(02-01-2024, 12:38 PM)maxsanic Wrote:  Jap companies tried but lost to Apple and Samsung domestically. Globally they couldn't compete with the Chinese brands and after a while all the possible Japanese conglomerates gave up on this industry.

All iPhones are expensive (by mobile phone standards)  but still affordable.  In Singapore, even a receptionist or a bus driver can afford to buy one if he likes it.  SGD 1500?  They have the money lar.

Samsung has lower-end models that cost less than $500.

Nothing to pity.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(02-01-2024, 02:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  All iPhones are expensive (by mobile phone standards)  but still affordable.  In Singapore, even a receptionist or a bus driver can afford to buy one if he likes it.  SGD 1500?  They have the money lar.

Samsung has lower-end models that cost less than $500.

Nothing to pity.

Of course, what I'm trying to say is over here we have plenty of choices. No doubt you will have a receptionist or bus driver who wants to spend more than half of his/her salary on a iPhone, but majority of others at least have a choice to go for either low end $100+ or mid end $500+ phones.

In Japan, because of limited budget phone accessibility and/or social expectations, there is this very odd scenario of almost all adults including low income ones needing to buy $1.5k+ iPhones or Samsung Galaxies as well. I haven't fully figured out why, but it's very odd.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post