Lawrence Wong and Anwar speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rgMUfqn314

Anwar sounded like one, he didn't have enough sleep, and two, he had more important issues to deal with (political infighting).

Seems like Malaysia Singapore ties aren't really something Anwar had been thinking much about, hence his rather flat speech. Can understand can understand. His continuing to be PM is like walking on a tight rope.

Do we want PM Wong to become like Anwar? Apparently that's what the 39% seems to want...

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(12-06-2024, 04:56 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Anwar sounded like one, he didn't have enough sleep, and two, he had more important issues to deal with (political infighting).

Seems like Malaysia Singapore ties aren't really something Anwar had been thinking much about, hence his rather flat speech. Can understand can understand. His continuing to be PM is like walking on a tight rope.

Do we want PM Wong to become like Anwar? Apparently that's what the 39% seems to want...

Smile I bet Lawrence don't mind PAP lost some votes , in the sense If Chan , OYK , Josp these type get voted out. He can just get new better ones. PAP itself is having too much new candidate just the matter , who is better then the rest been pick to become new MP or minister. Do note Lawrence Wong does mention he don't feel surprise PAP get lesser despite PAP still hold the ruling Power.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Wow go over to jinx Malaysia???

Using Malaysia for training.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(12-06-2024, 04:56 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Anwar sounded like one, he didn't have enough sleep, and two, he had more important issues to deal with (political infighting).

Soon we will have a coalition government. Pritam as PM, TCB as DPM, LT as Minister of law...
Yeah!!!
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Anwar is used to Lee Hsien Loong and Lee Kuan Yew lah! Big Grin Lawrence Wong is a new guy different lah!

(12-06-2024, 05:22 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Soon we will have a coalition government. Pritam as PM, TCB as DPM, LT as Minister of
Dun talk cok!

Yawn, Anwar knows..

(12-06-2024, 04:13 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rgMUfqn314

If tomr I strike toto 1m I go jb buy one house.
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post

(12-06-2024, 05:22 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Soon we will have a coalition government. Pritam as PM, TCB as DPM, LT as Minister of law...
Yeah!!!
Once there is a collision goverment ruling, Singapore is as good as dead.  Better let the opposition rule and PAP becomes opposition or as it is now with PAP rule and more seats for oppositions.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

(12-06-2024, 06:50 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Once there is a collision goverment ruling, Singapore is as good as dead.  Better let the opposition rule and PAP becomes opposition or as it is now with PAP rule and more seats for oppositions.     Big Grin

Some people wanted lan chow ma..
Like the hkies 🤣
Cheers!

(12-06-2024, 05:51 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Anwar is used to Lee Hsien Loong and Lee Kuan Yew lah! Big Grin Lawrence Wong is a new guy different lah!

LKY and Mahatail were contemporaries. Anwar was Mahatail 的 protege before the Fall. If instead of Abdulla Badawi, Anwar had become the PM, he would have been Goh Chok Tong's contemporary 

LKY was old enough to be Anwar 的老爸。

Anwar spent many years in jail and later outside Parliament. He only managed to return to power at the tail end of SM LHL 的 term.

It's hard to put a finger on which Singapore PM Anwar worked well with.

I suppose we can only see if the chemistry between Lawrence Wong and him would bring about a closer tie between both countries instead of another two Msian sampans docking in Singaporean waters. I make the assumption that both Anwar and Lawrence Wong would still be PM for another 5 years.. there is a sense that the 39% will vote for the Ceca Party.

(12-06-2024, 05:22 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Soon we will have a coalition government. Pritam as PM, TCB as DPM, LT as Minister of law...
Yeah!!!

While Lawrence Wong's speech was about Malaysia chairing ASEAN next year, macro economic issues and bilateral ties, his counterpart might be thinking.... I don't even know if I would be the PM next year and be around to see through all the things agreed upon with the Singaporean side. 

The reporter asked about the HSR when Anwar is only living one day at a taim.. The politics in Malaysia had seen PMs coming and going who couldn't think beyond one year, not because they were stupid but because the politics there had for some reason become toxic and full of vendetta. 

Water Agreement can wait.. for nao, Anwar only has a short window of taim to fix the old fox by going after his sons. If Anwar loses power, it's game over.

(12-06-2024, 05:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile I bet Lawrence don't mind PAP lost some votes , in the sense If Chan , OYK , Josp these type get voted out. He can just get new better ones. PAP itself is having too much new candidate just the matter , who is better then the rest been pick to become new MP or minister. Do note Lawrence Wong does mention he don't feel surprise PAP get lesser despite PAP still hold the ruling Power.

You are spinning the same imaginary fights among the 4G leaders as the edmwers 

How many taims must I repeat over and over and over that our low TFR since LKY's taim is now coming back to haunt our arse? You buggers kept ranting FTs! Uptron! CECA! without even using your peabrain to think, why has Singapore become so dependent on foreigners such that if they all leave, our economy will tank and our healthcare and elder care institutions will collapsed completely.

Recruiting new members who are in their mid 30s and early 40s is not as easy as you peepur think when increasing peepur are not only voting for the oppies but joining them.

Look at WP. It's full of lawyers. Their members don't wear slippers to collect nomination papers or mock a woman because she's pregnant. 

And all parties are competing for a shrunk pool of talents because of our low TFR. When are you going to wake up and get it? 

We have many many professionals but they are not Singaporeans. Do you seriously think Lawrence Wong is secretly hoping to see those members you mentioned voted out as if he can just wave a wand and he will have 10 ministerial calibre Singaporeans dropping from the sky?

(12-06-2024, 08:56 PM)Oyk Wrote:  While Lawrence Wong's speech was about Malaysia chairing ASEAN next year, macro economic issues and bilateral ties, his counterpart might be thinking.... I don't even know if I would be the PM next year and be around to see through all the things agreed upon with the Singaporean side. 

The reporter asked about the HSR when Anwar is only living one day at a taim.. The politics in Malaysia had seen PMs coming and going who couldn't think beyond one year, not because they were re stupid but because the politics there had for some reason become toxic and full of vendetta. 

Water Agreement can wait.. for nao, Anwar only has a short window of taim to fix the old fox by going after his sons. If Anwar loses power, it's game over.

Anything can happen in Bolehland. 
The whole join briefing, we heard Singapore will wait for Bolehland to finalise and we shall proceed from there on...

However this time, Singapore GE coming up too..
We also don't know whether Law or Prit will be the next PM too...🤣

[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-11-14-02-41-65-f69139...4f144a.jpg]

where to host images

(12-06-2024, 06:50 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Once there is a collision goverment ruling, Singapore is as good as dead.  Better let the opposition rule and PAP becomes opposition or as it is now with PAP rule and more seats for oppositions.     Big Grin

Malaysia and Singapore is friend friend lehh.

(28-06-2024, 05:14 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Malaysia and Singapore is friend friend lehh.

Your stroke getting worst ah? We talk about a collision govt in Singapore and not about Malaysia and Singapore colliding lah.  Collision government is a government formed by several opposition parties to beat the main ruling party for more seats and thus rule the country. As the name is called "collision government" it means this ruling party will argue and quarrel over every decision as each party within the collision wants a bigger say and in the end nothing can be decided and nothing done to solve any issues.  Thus, country is dead after a while.   Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung