More Malay parents sent children to Chinese schools in M'sia

[Image: IMG-20240512-190103.jpg]

New hp so will take time to learn to predict better words. No big deal lah.

So you really dounch no li ah jiao got how many cock hair ah? How cum?

(12-05-2024, 09:31 AM)Oyk Wrote:  *RUBBISH SNIPPED"

In short, Singaporeans cannot afford to be sentimental about their roots, their mother tongue if being so means hunger and living in sluns. We have to be pramatic and learn to speak AND write whichever language is important ie put food on our table. Do you follow? Rolleyes

(12-05-2024, 09:02 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Maothink went ranting about bilingualism as though Lky had committed a cardinal sin for being monolingual.
*RUBBISH SNIPPED*

Apparently CECA-minded Oyk took offensive with my comments...What's new from this Fake character ?
For such pple, my response is simple - Why not late LKY explain why he insist in improving Chinese language even in his senior years after only started learning from age of 33...
"....我自己学习华文的动力是自尊心,而不是经济方面的利益。"

https://www.yan.sg/puhjhuayuedsayuzhange/

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(12-05-2024, 09:39 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  China is going to be the most powerful country in the world, so leaning Chinese is a smart move.

For those to do not understand History will fail to see the trend of the Present and Future.
Non-Chinese families in M'sia are surprisingly more open-minded than many like to believe...
The key isn't about what language you want your child to learn, but rather do you offer a conducive home for future general to appreciate more than one languages. 

That is the key to success towards EFFECTIVE Bilingual mindset.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...age-pm-lee

(13-05-2024, 01:06 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Apparently CECA-minded Oyk took offensive with my comments...What's new from this Fake character ?
For such pple, my response is simple - Why not late LKY explain why he insist in improving Chinese language even in his senior years after only started learning from age of 33...
"....我自己学习华文的动力是自尊心,而不是经济方面的利益。"

https://www.yan.sg/puhjhuayuedsayuzhange/

Late LKY 

Insisted
Not insist  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(13-05-2024, 10:45 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Late LKY 

Insisted
Not insist  Rolleyes

We all know CECA-minded Oyk suffers from OCD when comes to broken england...

Big Grin 
[Image: 0*A-HF586KrDZRZ_tQ.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(13-05-2024, 02:19 PM)Manthink Wrote:  We all know CECA-minded Oyk suffers from OCD when comes to broken england...

Big Grin 
[Image: 0*A-HF586KrDZRZ_tQ.jpg]

There's a difference between broken England and insist vs insisted. Rolleyes

Of course it's well noted if you want to say that you know Hindi.  Rolleyes

(13-05-2024, 03:19 PM)Oyk Wrote:  There's a difference between broken England and insist vs insisted. Rolleyes
Of course it's well noted if you want to say that you know Hindi.  Rolleyes

Hindi ? LOL!  CECA-minded Oyk can't help showing his true colour liao.. Big Grin

Of all the languages, why he insist in mentioning a South Asian language - which, unlike the Chinese language,  isn't an Official language of SG nor at the UN....

[Image: 1*gD_tcmToOBLO-_8kdJcjXQ.jpeg]

(15-05-2024, 01:06 AM)Manthink Wrote:  *Snipped (Nonsense)*

Of all the languages, why he insist in mentioning a South Asian language - which, unlike the Chinese language,  isn't an Official language of SG nor at the UN....

I grew up only hearing Deepavali being said but in recent years, a three syllable word Diwali had appeared all over Singapore. Before that, I didn't even know that there was such a word. 

This shows how porous Singapore was and still is. 

It's like the Chinese language. We "true blue Han Singaporean" would speak Mandarin with our mother tongues’ influence for eg, we might ask an ah tiong 你几时来这里的? whereas he would say 您什么时候到这里来的?and say it using the more polite and respectful 您。

Talking about your motherland, is it true that Guanyin migrated, if not physically, then at least as a goddess to be worshiped, from India to China? So Guanyin didn't speak any of the various Chinese dialects but perhaps Hindi right. I suppose that should make you proud...? Tongue

(15-05-2024, 08:02 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I grew up only hearing Deepavali being said but in recent years, a three syllable word Diwali had appeared all over Singapore. Before that, I didn't even know that there was such a word.  This shows how porous Singapore was and still is.  It's like the Chinese language. We "true blue Han Singaporean" would speak Mandarin with our mother tongues’ influence for eg, we might ask an ah tiong 你几时来这里的? whereas he would say 您什么时候到这里来的?and say it using the more polite and respectful 您。
Talking about your motherland, is it true that Guanyin migrated, if not physically, then at least as a goddess to be worshiped, from India to China? So Guanyin didn't speak any of the various Chinese dialects but perhaps Hindi right. I suppose that should make you proud...? Tongue

LOL! Our CECA-minded Oyk still cannot help in showing his true colour when his Hindi cousins back in India never learn to write nor "worship" 观音.
What is more interesting is he started moving away from sharing his beloved-worshipped old "jesus-satan" gospels...

The Good News, however, is Chinese-language has nothing to do with religion - Malay parents sending their children to Mandarin classes and Chinese schools in M'sia is a testament to that. That is what I am proud of . Big Grin

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2024/...ar-schools

Today nobody going around screaming he's not a 中国人?

(24-05-2024, 01:00 PM)Manthink Wrote:  LOL. I am so proud that Siddhartha was an Indian. I am a Buddhist. 

Noted. Big Grin

(24-05-2024, 01:00 PM)Manthink Wrote:  LOL! Our CECA-minded Oyk still cannot help in showing his true colour when his Hindi cousins back in India never learn to write nor "worship" 观音.
What is more interesting is he started moving away from sharing his beloved-worshipped old "jesus-satan" gospels...
The Good News, however, is Chinese-language has nothing to do with religion - Malay parents sending their children to Mandarin classes and Chinese schools in M'sia is a testament to that. That is what I am proud of . Big Grin

(24-05-2024, 03:51 PM)Oyk Wrote:  
(24-05-2024, 01:00 PM)Manthink Wrote:  LOL. I am so proud that Siddhartha was an Indian. I am a Buddhist

Noted. Big Grin

LOL! Not a surprise our CECA-minded Oyk has slopped ever more lower - I am curious when did his jesus-satan gospel teach him to put words into someone else mouth. Big Grin

(24-05-2024, 04:21 PM)Manthink Wrote:  LOL! I am a Buddhist worshipping the human bear Buddha.  Big Grin

Noted  Big Grin

(24-05-2024, 05:37 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Noted  Big Grin

LOL! As the Saying goes...You can take an Indian out of India, but you can never take India out of an Indian” 

CECA-minded Oyk is so natural not only in putting words in someone's mouth, but excel in  mixing Race, Language, Religion with Politics..

Big Grin 
[Image: FEATURED_01-1.png?width=1536&auto_optimi...quality=30]

(24-05-2024, 06:08 PM)Manthink Wrote:  LOL! As the Saying goes...You can take an Indian out of India, but you can never take India out of an Indian” 

That's why my mother is still a Hindu although I am a Buddhist 

Big Grin 

We know. Big Grin

(24-05-2024, 06:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  We know. Big Grin

LOL! Not a surprise our CECA-minded Oyk has slopped ever more lower.
Somehow his jesus-satan gospel upbringing has failed him miserably....and he "knows". [Image: biggrin.png]

My Malay classmate wanted me study Malay
So changed 1 year,got full marks too easy so went back to Chinese language

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(27-05-2024, 02:05 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  My Malay classmate wanted me study Malay
So changed 1 year,got full marks too easy so went back to Chinese language

I certainly would encourage anyone to learn Bahasa Melayu or Indonsia, for that matter.... Makes live and understanding so much easier in our ever more complex and integrated World..

And yes I agree the language is far easier to learn than Chinese.