More Malay parents sent children to Chinese schools in M'sia
Cool 

...To learn Chinese language...Any parents will do that for the sake of their children's future...

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2024/...ar-schools

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

China will overtake USA as world no. 1 power.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

Smart parents

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

However, more Chinese parents sent their children to Malay schools in M'sia than the other way round.

8Umbrella Umbrella

(22-02-2024, 04:21 PM)klat Wrote:  However, more Chinese parents sent their children to Malay schools in M'sia than the other way round.

Nothing new - LKY last time never attend Chinese school nor learn Mandarin or Chiense language...only England and Bahasa Malayu...

After becoming a young adult post 1945 Jap invasion, he learn to dislike the English gov, wanted to join a "Malay" nation by mastering the Malay language...

Guess what happened in Aug 1965 ?

However, most of these children are from mix parents, ie Chinese mother and Malay fathers

8Umbrella Umbrella

(22-02-2024, 04:35 PM)klat Wrote:  However, most of these children are from mix parents, ie Chinese mother and Malay fathers

Every one knows any Chinese mother is a Tiger mom... Big Grin

Like that we shd be worried.
They will think like us.

中华文化博大精深。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

二毛们千万不要排斥中华文化,不然什么都没有了
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Not surprising, Actually Malaysia Govt itself also encourage their own non chinese civil servant go learn Mandarin.

One thing is MY Govt has been pro working with China come economics.

(22-02-2024, 04:59 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Not surprising, Actually Malaysia Govt itself also encourage their own non chinese civil servant go learn Mandarin.
One thing is MY Govt has been pro working with China come economics.

Pro China or not - we all know Bolehland politics like to flip prata every few years.

M'sians now gotten sick and tired of that of all that "encouragement".

Today's Malay parents decision is a reflection of that failed long promises...... Big Grin

Nowadays most shops' signboards dun seem to have malay words, only Chinese and English. Any change in policies or ppl just dun care?

(22-02-2024, 04:59 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  二毛们千万不要排斥中华文化,不然什么都没有了

Funni thing is that 台湾民进党还在搞 "去中国化"...That is another e.g. of how a lousy leadership can destroy their people future...

(22-02-2024, 04:54 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Like that we shd be worried.  They will think like us.

中华文化博大精深。

Actually I believe it will be benefitial for Humankind when  more non-Chinese start to "THINK" like Chinese... Big Grin

(22-02-2024, 04:21 PM)klat Wrote:  However, more Chinese parents sent their children to Malay schools in M'sia than the other way round.

Not true

Smart parents. That's why some insisted in sending all their chillen to chinese sch.

Always good to know more,
especially Cn is world largest trading country and possible largest visitor source.

Also one of 6 official UN languages.
https://miro.medium.com/v2/resize:fit:65...JcjXQ.jpeg

influence is there

(22-02-2024, 04:14 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Smart parents

I attended mission schools from primary to JC in S'pore. I had many Muslim classmates whose parents sent them to Christian schools knowing that they would receive the best quality holistic education available. 

So many Vietnamese working in coffeeshops becos they can speak fluent mandarin. They are lucky becos they come from the China border areas and naturally pick up the language

(23-02-2024, 01:30 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  So many Vietnamese working in coffeeshops becos they can speak fluent mandarin. They are lucky becos they  come from the China border areas and naturally pick up the language

China once ruled Vietnam for about 1,000 years so many Vietnamese are ethnic Chinese as well.

Even lee ah yew aso did that. He's smarter than many parents

(23-02-2024, 01:36 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Even lee ah yew aso did that. He's smarter than many parents

Most parents these days emphasis only use of one language.
can see growing number of high posts are occupied by multilingual.. foreigners.

Chew finger's parents are another example.

(23-02-2024, 01:30 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  So many Vietnamese working in coffeeshops becos they can speak fluent mandarin. They are lucky becos they  come from the China border areas and naturally pick up the language

Most of the Vietnamese has heavy southern Mandarin accent. Likely the proximity to Guangzhou, Fujian...so even sound like Hainan dialect

(23-02-2024, 01:51 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Chew finger's parents are another example.

some parents are forced to learn Mandarin by their children leh.... Big Grin 

Dumbfart sinkees parents used to send their children overseas to avoid studying mandarin...
[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

(23-02-2024, 04:09 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  Dumbfart sinkees parents used to send their children overseas to avoid studying mandarin...

I think you are referring to those parents who only watch "Channel 5" . Big Grin

I already mention , Yea EVEN their civil servant those non chinese one also go learn Mandarin.

Whereas our side? Till now Dual language fail from LKY times till now.

(22-02-2024, 04:14 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Smart parents

In S'pore, many Malay parents also choose to send their children to Christian schools as opposed to madrasahs or neighbourhood schools.  They know full well that their offspring will receive a superior holistic education at mission schools.

(08-04-2024, 03:29 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  In S'pore, many Malay parents also choose to send their children to Christian schools as opposed to madrasahs or neighbourhood schools.  They know full well that their offspring will receive a superior holistic education at mission schools.

Do you know that our government limits the number of seats at our madrasah? That's because if they don't limit it, half of the Malay kids will be enrolled in the Madrasah.

If you don't know, please ask. Don't just anyhow say.