More eating malls: Malaysia is building malls like crazy

Malaysia is building malls like crazy – but shoppers aren’t coming
Dozens of new malls are under construction in the country even as existing complexes struggle to attract customers.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2024/7...ent-coming

Laughing

It’s the influx of shitload of money from Tiongland

(15-07-2024, 03:12 PM)goodboy Wrote:  It’s the influx of shitload of money from Tiongland

You dont know meh China bankrupt liao according to amdk arse lickers stooge’s leh LMAO 
https://media.tenor.com/dIOOnR-HKuQAAAAM...amelia.gif https://media.tenor.com/CFVIVCpjT9MAAAAM...-laugh.gif https://media.tenor.com/ca_JMRMyh8cAAAAM...ughing.gif

I was wondering more about the malls in Johor. I thought they quite ok?

Eating malls must come with shopping malls and also more ferry buses. No need for woman to spend their weekends in Singapore.

I12 had failed several times until it changed to becum an eating mall.

(15-07-2024, 03:17 PM)Levin Wrote:  I was wondering more about the malls in Johor. I thought they quite ok?

Not really many new ones further away from CIQ are empty..

over supply later will face the music. just like worker dorm now. everyone think many many fw. each one $500 sure good deal. later no one want then they know.

(15-07-2024, 06:34 PM)sclim Wrote:  over supply later will face the music. just like worker dorm now. everyone think many many fw. each one $500 sure good deal. later no one want then they know.

serious bubble, unless they have tourist explosion. 
but most tourists go for cheap and good to eat...
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(15-07-2024, 03:17 PM)Levin Wrote:  I was wondering more about the malls in Johor. I thought they quite ok?

There are many abandoned malls in JB after the developer ran out of funds. More will follow since many people window shop and try on the clothing and footwear before ordering them online.

They need sg customers to survive and thrive. City square is a gd example.

(16-07-2024, 10:08 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  They need sg customers to survive and thrive. City square is a gd example.

There is an oversupply of malls along Orchard Road. Many are dilapidated and become sleazy and mostly empty.

They will end up like Forest City.

[Image: IMG-20240716-110602.jpg]

Since immigration clearance will be done at sg site, what'll happen if rts adds a stop at the Rnf mall?

(16-07-2024, 11:08 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: IMG-20240716-110602.jpg]

Since immigration clearance will be done at sg site, what'll happen if rts adds a stop at the Rnf mall?

Rot n Fugged lor

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(16-07-2024, 01:14 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Rot n Fugged lor

Sound very sour Laughing

(16-07-2024, 01:20 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Sound very sour  Laughing

not sour but reality  Big Grin

(16-07-2024, 10:05 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  There are many abandoned malls in JB after the developer ran out of funds. More will follow since many people window shop and try on the clothing and footwear before ordering them online.

Yes E commerce is the real deal for Shopping Mall collapse. 

Cheaper, more selection and delivery to doorstep..💪

Shopping malls have become havens for YouTube vloggers.

Last heard all malls in SG are vlogged in YouTube including the rotten upper serangoon SC.

Msia is playing catch up. But will soon claim shopping mall culture invented by them.

(16-07-2024, 01:35 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Yes E commerce is the real deal for Shopping Mall collapse. 

Thats why shopping center must evolve and adapt .... open more massage shop ... sure wont die

(16-07-2024, 01:39 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Thats why shopping center must evolve and adapt .... open more massage shop ... sure wont die

Too many police will investigate 🤣

Probably F&B, Gym, Childcare, etc...
Near residence area is a bonus too...

(16-07-2024, 01:50 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Too many police will investigate 🤣

Probably F&B, Gym, Childcare, etc...
Near residence area is a bonus too...

Muddysia Boleh no polis check lah ... everyone happy ending one

[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(16-07-2024, 01:35 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Yes E commerce is the real deal for Shopping Mall collapse. 

It's the final nail. Malls are hollowing out before ecommerce becomes big, at least in US. I remember reading about a report about malls hollowing out in US but at that time (more than a decade ago)  ecommerce was about 5% of all shopping only.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

(16-07-2024, 02:09 PM)Levin Wrote:  It's the final nail. Malls are hollowing out before ecommerce becomes big, at least in US. I remember reading about a report about malls hollowing out in US but at that time (more than a decade ago)  ecommerce was about 5% of all shopping only.

Physical stores are closing down in the U.S. owing to looting by organised gangs that grab everything they can lay their hands on and simply run away from the stores. Security guards dare not confront these thieves who may be armed or sue if they are injured while being apprehended.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(16-07-2024, 04:17 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Physical stores are closing down in the U.S. owing to looting by organised gangs that grab everything they can lay their hands on and simply run away from the stores. Security guards dare not confront these thieves who may be armed or sue if they are injured while being apprehended.

This reason is more recent. Even more recent than COVID-19 and e-commerce.

(15-07-2024, 08:12 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  serious bubble, unless they have tourist explosion. 
but most tourists go for cheap and good to eat...

Malaysia is trying to woo the Chinese by giving them a 30 day VISA free entry.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(16-07-2024, 02:09 PM)Levin Wrote:  It's the final nail. Malls are hollowing out before ecommerce becomes big, at least in US. I remember reading about a report about malls hollowing out in US but at that time (more than a decade ago)  ecommerce was about 5% of all shopping only.

Shopping mall Retailers can never beat e commerce. 
A Skechers slip in max sneaker cost $169.
Online same shoe cost $149...

Cannot compete.