Most people in SG want to work longer, provided that they are healthy: Lawrence Wong

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-01-2023, 03:22 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Nice titties Big Grin

Most people want to work longer provided Govt can create new jobs.

Govt cannot do it
[+] 2 users Like Scythian's post

(17-01-2023, 03:32 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Most people want to work longer provided Govt can create new jobs.

Govt cannot do it

Can work as taxi driver, security guard, cleaners.  So many jobs Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

with more suffering from ill-health and death
remaining have to work hard
not counting the care givers to those suffering from ill-health
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

then how come hsk that time say his runway not long enuff ?

zzz
[+] 1 user Likes mrclubbie's post

(16-01-2023, 08:30 PM)mrclubbie Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ng-3209191

Lawrence Wong is subtly playing with the phrase people "want to work longer". The way he put across the so called findings from survey is open to different interpretations. Naturally, most people will simply take it to mean that surveys indicate most of us prefer to work longer because we like our work and don’t want to retire early.

However an alternative and more plausible explanation for the survey finding is we need to work longer due to financial circumstances and want to work longer if our health allows. There is no way anyone can know for sure unless the detailed questionnaire and the context in which the question was put across by the surveyor are made known.

These are two completely different concepts and Lawrence smartly leaves it hanging by insinuating something and yet leaving enough room to wriggle out should it be challenged.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

(17-01-2023, 06:55 AM)mrclubbie Wrote:  then how come hsk that time say his runway not long enuff ?

zzz

Because he is no more young............... Rotfl nudie
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(16-01-2023, 09:23 PM)wendychan Wrote:  this FOOker dont need to work when he is old so he can want to work....

paid millions and stupid and evil as FOOk

Their job very relax one. Many people served them. They will want to work till not wanted.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(17-01-2023, 10:18 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Their job very relax one. Many people served them. They will want to work till not wanted.

Paid millions and yet served by so many plp................ Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

vote them out to let them work in the real world. Then ask them again. and also take back all the money they got when still minister.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

Because they are struggling for 3 simple but expensive meals...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

If those are good jobs ie doctors, Ministers . . .

of course people want to work till LKK

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Cost of living escalated so much.
People are working because they can't afford to go retire

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

If have a option, they also don't want to work more also.

pap always want to come out with dubious survey to brain washed us. how many can retire comfortably, when they are still in charge, we basically will not be able to. dont be idiot to belied in them for what they say. lost touch gov , made your own people work like a bull.

(22-01-2023, 04:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Cost of living escalated so much.
People are working because they can't afford to go retire

There are scores of people who needs to work longer than expected, cos they need to feed themselves and their families.  If they can live without working and retire they will certainly do.  Perhaps they don't have enough savings or CPF to see them thru' their twilight years................... crying

I do not mind working longer as part timer in office jobs.

Win the World but lost your Soul.