Muhyiddin is sometimes right

https://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/708...v2-1WGyxzg

(04-07-2024, 09:01 AM)theold Wrote:  https://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/708...v2-1WGyxzg

Sacked Bersatu MP sues party for revoking membership; Parliament Speaker defends decision not to vacate seats

Labuan Member of Parliament (MP) Suhaili Abdul Rahman accused the Malaysian opposition party of violating his constitutional rights to personal liberty and free speech, among others.

One of the six Members of Parliament (MP) expelled from Malaysia’s opposition party Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) for supporting Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim is suing the party for revoking his membership.

This comes as the Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat - Malaysia’s House of Representatives - defended his decision for the MPs to keep their seats, claiming he is not a “postman” delivering Bersatu messages.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/sac...at-4474841

Decision harmed the country’s parliamentary democracy, which was an offence under Section 124B of the Penal Code, covering activity detrimental to parliamentary democracy, according to local media. 

Mr Suhaili is one of seven elected representatives stripped of their membership for backing the Malaysian premier. Six are federal MPs and the other is a Selangor state assemblyman. 

The six federal MPs are: Mr Suhaili, Dr Zulkafperi Hanapi (Tanjong Karang), Mr Zahari Kechik (Jeli), Mr Iskandar Dzulkarnain Abdul Khalid (Kuala Kangsar), Mr Syed Abu Hussin Hafiz Syed Abdul Fasal (Bukit Gantang), and Mr Mohd Azizi Abu Naim (Gua Musang).

They were sacked from the party last month, after failing to retract their support for Mr Anwar and not responding to a written instruction from the party’s supreme leadership council to pledge allegiance to the party.

Selat Klang assemblyman and former Selangor Bersatu chairman Abdul Rashid Asari also declared support for the leadership of Selangor chief minister Amirudin Shari. Mr Amirudin is a member of Mr Anwar’s Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR).

Dewan Rakyat Speaker Johari Abdul defended his decision not to declare the six MPs' seats vacant.

12 Jul 2024 (Updated:
SINGAPORE: One of the six Members of Parliament (MP) expelled from Malaysia’s opposition party Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) for supporting Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim is suing the party for revoking his membership.

This comes:Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat - Malaysia’s House of Representatives - defended his decision for the MPs to keep their seats, claiming he is not a “postman” delivering Bersatu messages.

In a lawsuit filed with the KL High Court on Monday (Jul 8) & obtained by local media on Thursday, Labuan MP Suhaili Abdul Rahman accused Bersatu of violating his constitutional rights to personal liberty, free speech, and association, and for obstructing him in his duty to serve his constituents, according to the Malay Mail.

He also accused Bersatu of acting criminally in the matter, alleging its decision harmed the country’s parliamentary democracy, which was an offence under Section 124B of the Penal Code, covering activity detrimental to parliamentary democracy, according to local media.

They were sacked from the party last month, after failing to retract their support for Mr Anwar and not responding to a written instruction from the party’s supreme leadership council to pledge allegiance to the party.

Selat Klang assemblyman and former Selangor Bersatu chairman Abdul Rashid Asari also declared support for the leadership of Selangor chief minister Amirudin Shari. Mr Amirudin is a member of Mr Anwar’s Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR).

On Thursday, Dewan Rakyat Speaker Johari Abdul defended his decision not to declare the seats of the rogue former six MPs vacant, adding that he was not a messenger delivering Bersatu’s message to the Election Commission.

His ruling had been relayed to the Bersatu leadership on Wednesday.

Mr Johari said that he had explained his decision in a letter sent to Bersatu Chief Whip Ronald Kiandee. Mr Kiandee - who is also Beluran MP - had raised a standing order during a recent debate to discuss the matter.

“I want to make it clear that I am not a postman,” Mr Johari said, as quoted in local media. “When I receive something (a notice) like the one mentioned by the Beluran MP, I will make sure I study all the aspects involved.

ADVERTISEMENT

“And I made the decision, and my decision remains … there are no vacancies.”

Problems left behind by Dr. My and Muhaidin!  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...n-to-china

Malaysia huat arh huat arh huat huat arh

(14-07-2024, 03:23 PM)Omnipresent88 Wrote:  https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...n-to-china

Malaysia huat arh huat arh huat huat arh

Third world poor ahtiongs spend so much on durians

Claiming up fuel price will only affect lich\elite ish the same kind of lie like claiming up GST will only affect lich\elite. Fuel will affect the cost of transport and logistic, and logistic will directly or indirectly affect the cost of all kind of consumable products in the country regardless of household items or luxury goods.

Anwar ish destined for failure. So far his boleh land economy revival plan ish still sticking to his predecessors OBOR concept to try attract RMB tourists and RMB investment, but have no other real alternatives. If AT economy not recovering, boleh land will suffer together.

Economy not good mean tax revenue also lesser, lesser tax revenue mean some welfare and expenses would need to cut, or some other form of income must be explored. Supposed fuel price ish one easy way to do so. After all sheep wool must still be harvested from the sheep one way or another.

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

(14-07-2024, 02:13 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Sacked Bersatu MP sues party for revoking membership; Parliament Speaker defends decision not to vacate seats

Labuan Member of Parliament (MP) Suhaili Abdul Rahman accused the Malaysian opposition party of violating his constitutional rights to personal liberty and free speech, among others.

One of the six Members of Parliament (MP) expelled from Malaysia’s opposition party Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) for supporting Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim is suing the party for revoking his membership.

This comes as the Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat - Malaysia’s House of Representatives - defended his decision for the MPs to keep their seats, claiming he is not a “postman” delivering Bersatu messages.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/sac...at-4474841

Bersatu expels 123  members from party. Tongue
https://youtu.be/tqQq6ph4tpQ?si=od3VmdGqk4A7Ofa-

Labuan MP drags Bersatu to court over effective expulsion for supporting Anwar. Suhaili accused Bersatu of violating his constitutional rights to personal liberty, free speech & association, for obstructing him in his duty to serve his Labuan constituents by obtaining development funds for their benefit. He also accused Bersatu of acting criminally in alleging its decision harmed the country’s parliamentary democracy, which was an offence under Section 124B of the Penal Code.

Suhaili alleged revocation was effectively an expulsion, which would safeguard his seat under exceptions allowed under anti-hopping law incorporated into Article 49A of the Federal Constitution, he & five other former Bersatu MPs previously declared support for PM Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim despite being members of the Opposition party. Ya!. Aside from Shuhaili, & 5 are Datuk Iskandar Dzulkarnain Abdul Khalid (Kuala Kangsar), Mohd Azizi Abu Naim (Gua Musang), Zahari Kechik (Jeli), Datuk Syed Abu Hussin Hafiz Syed Abdul Fasal (Bukit Gantang) dan Datuk Zulkafperi Hanapi (Tanjung Karang).

Bersatu subsequently sacked the Labuan MP and suspended the others. Yesterday, Bersatu president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin criticised Dewan Rakyat Speaker Tan Sri Johari Abdul’s for refusing to declare vacancies in the six MPs’ seats, saying it contravened the letter and spirit of anti-hopping law. Earlier today, Anwar defended Johari's decision and said the Speaker acted in accordance with the Federal Constitution.
https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/...ort/143373

Malaysia to review all water deals with Singapore since 1962, says DPM Fadillah. 

KUALA LUMPUR, July 16 — The govt is reviewing all existing agreements related to the issue of raw water from the Johor River being sold to Singapore at a fixed price of 3 sen (SGD 0.01) per 1,000 gallons since 1962, said Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof.
https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/...lah/143912

Any subsidy given is painful when removed.

But it ma be necessary to go through the pain then to misallocate resources.

Yes people suffer one round of price hikes.

But the money saved can be channelled to help the poorest folks who need it most.

Unfortunately many people only measure a policy by the benefit they receive but faiil to appreciate that someone who needs jt more is getting it.

Anwar made a bold move ...and a right move but human selfish nature may work against him.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.