My friend sold his HDB to go to Thailamd

His parents passed away left him the 3 room.flat
 He stayed for a few yrs then sold it to go to Thailand 6 yrs ago.

He arrived on Tuesday for the CNY and called  up a few  secondary schools.friends for a gathering.

He got married in Thailand and has a daughter. He told us he managed to get a sales job for an export company. He now stays in 4 bed room condo in the Bangkok Sukumvit(?) area and drives a Toyota Camry. His tone was like he made it big in Thailand already. He showed us pictures of his home, condo  pool his car and pretty wife. 

The rest of us also updated  how were  doing in Singapore but none of us drove car or lived in condo. 

He also said when he got sick his company wiould send him to private hospitals for treatment and he only went private clinics with ang moh doctors. 

In my mind I was thinking really so good? Thailand had protests everywhere, govt unstable, covid was a disaster. Must be just showing off and hiding all the hardship to impress us.

We talked about our secondary school days and all the silly things we did all the pretty girls...didn't know what happened to them and teachers are all so old now retired or dead. 

So much to talk about we adjourned after dinner to go and drink beer at a coffee shop. After a few beers,  everyone  talked like those old uncles with so many  stories. Who fought with who in secondary school..who go vandalise the toilet. ...

After that had to take taxi back. Friend who came back from Thailand was in same direction as me so we shared a cab back. I was to be dropped off first. So as the taxi made its way through my old HDB estate, he sat up and looked out the window at the old flats. Then he said to me, to make your Singapore dreams come true, you should try going to Thailand.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

A 3 rm hdb sales proceeds can get him a wife, condo and child, You should learn from your friend. Live in Thailand and leave your bank acc active to receive yearly gst bonus.
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

Sgbutt should go Thailand also!

(19-01-2023, 09:44 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  A 3 rm hdb sales proceeds can get him a wife, condo and child, You should learn from your friend. Live in Thailand and leave your bank acc active to receive yearly gst bonus.

Who would go from 1st world to 3rd world.

Thailand can never compare with Singapore.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

My neighbour going to Thailand too
Single lady in her 40s.
She was formally working in a legal firm. 
Going there to seek inner peace. 
She prefers the rustic way of living. 
To each its own.

人生各有志,终不为此移,同知埋身剧,心亦有所施。
Success doesn't mean drive big cars and live in condos.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 2 users Like ODA TETSURO's post

your friend stupiak, he shd rent out his unit $2000, go there stay in a $400 condo
and keep a GF but dun marry, just fark and enjoy life
[+] 2 users Like limpeh394's post

(19-01-2023, 09:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Who would go from 1st world to 3rd world.

You should go to Thailand to  see and experience the "real world" personally!  Big Grin

(19-01-2023, 09:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  His parents passed away left him the 3 room.flat
 He stayed for a few yrs then sold it to go to Thailan 6 yrs ago.

He arrived on Tuesday to come back to Singapore for the CNY and called after of us his secondary schools.friends to gather.

He got married in Thailand and has one daughter. He was told us he managed to get a sales job for an export company. He now stays in 4 bed room condo in the Bangkok Sukumvit(?) area and drives a Toyota Camry. His tone was like he made it big in Thailand already. He showed us pictures of his home, pools his car and pretty wife. 

The rest of us also updated  how we're  doing. In Singapore but none of us drive  car or live in condo. 

He also say when he get sick his company will send him to private hospital for treatment and he only go private clinics with ang moh doctors. 

In my mind I was thinking really so good? Thailand protests everywhere, govt unstable, covid was a disaster. Must be just showing off and hiding all the hardships to look good in front of old friends.

After we talk about all secondary school days and all the silly things we did all the pretty girls...don't know what happened to them and teachers all so old now retired or dead. 

So much to talk about we adjourned after dinner to go and drink beer at a coffee shop. After a few beer everyone all talk like those old uncles with so many old stories. Who fought with who in secondary school..who go vandalise the toilet. ...

After that had to take taxi back. Friend who came back from Thailand was in same direction as me so we shared a cab back. I was supposed to be dropped off first. So as the taxi made its way through my old HDB estate, he sat up and looked out the window at the old flats. Then he said to me, to make your Sjngapore dreams come true, you should try going to Thailand.
Thailand is a better place to migrate compare to m’sia. If I migrate, I wil only choose a buddhist country. This can only give me a peace of mind. Hv heard many migrated to Thailand and they are very happy with comfortable life.

(19-01-2023, 09:53 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Thailand is a better place to migrate compare to m’sia. If I migrate, I wil only choose a buddhist country. This can only give me a peace of mind. Hv heard many migrated to Thailand and they are very happy with comfortable life.

Muslim countries got 72 virgins waiting for you leh!  Rotfl

(19-01-2023, 09:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  His parents passed away left him the 3 room.flat
 He stayed for a few yrs then sold it to go to Thailan 6 yrs ago.

He arrived on Tuesday to come back to Singapore for the CNY and called after of us his secondary schools.friends to gather.

He got married in Thailand and has one daughter. He was told us he managed to get a sales job for an export company. He now stays in 4 bed room condo in the Bangkok Sukumvit(?) area and drives a Toyota Camry. His tone was like he made it big in Thailand already. He showed us pictures of his home, pools his car and pretty wife. 

The rest of us also updated  how we're  doing. In Singapore but none of us drive  car or live in condo. 

He also say when he get sick his company will send him to private hospital for treatment and he only go private clinics with ang moh doctors. 

In my mind I was thinking really so good? Thailand protests everywhere, govt unstable, covid was a disaster. Must be just showing off and hiding all the hardships to look good in front of old friends.

After we talk about all secondary school days and all the silly things we did all the pretty girls...don't know what happened to them and teachers all so old now retired or dead. 

So much to talk about we adjourned after dinner to go and drink beer at a coffee shop. After a few beer everyone all talk like those old uncles with so many old stories. Who fought with who in secondary school..who go vandalise the toilet. ...

After that had to take taxi back. Friend who came back from Thailand was in same direction as me so we shared a cab back. I was supposed to be dropped off first. So as the taxi made its way through my old HDB estate, he sat up and looked out the window at the old flats. Then he said to me, to make your Sjngapore dreams come true, you should try going to Thailand.

your concerous inglish make me headache.

(19-01-2023, 09:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Who would go from 1st world to 3rd world.

It is all about adaptation.  The possibilities in Thailand with the sales proceeds are endless. Here the money can't get you anything not even love.

Aiya sell or rent out yr flat, get a new fh cbd spacious condo with full facilities at jb near future rts. Anytime can take bmw to sg

More singkee kimchi sushi are doing that

thailand is an excellent place...for retirement. But should keep HDB flat here.

(19-01-2023, 09:53 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Thailand is a better place to migrate compare to m’sia. If I migrate, I wil only choose a buddhist country. This can only give me a peace of mind. Hv heard many migrated to Thailand and they are very happy with comfortable life.

Myanmar also Buddhist country but still messed up.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(19-01-2023, 10:02 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  thailand is an excellent place...for retirement. But should keep HDB flat here.

The HDB flat can rent out whole flat?

(19-01-2023, 10:21 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Myanmar also Buddhist country but still messed up.

I wouldn't want to live in Myanmar, even though it is a Buddhist country............ Big Grin

My friends go US leh. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Actually selling his flat to cash out was the second best option. Ideally he should have kept it and rented the whole apartment out for guaranteed monthly passive income as a landlord. But understandable if he needed the capital to start up life in Thailand, then ok lor cash out.

Congrats to your friend for making it in life. He's not bullshitting. People who keep saying Thailand is only Third World are basically using dog eyes to look down on others who dare to up and go somewhere else for a better life.

(19-01-2023, 09:55 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Muslim countries got 72 virgins waiting for you leh!  Rotfl

That is if you die as a martyr .......... Rotfl Laughing nudie Gesti-109

Fortune favor the brave.. that why you are still a mountain turtle

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

Selling the HDB is not exactly a bad idea. Cos, when he is old, he can come back to SG to apply for another BTO or a cheap brand new HDB flat for retirees. Get priority cos he would have no current flat in SG. It's a loophole for these rich people based overseas to get a heavily subsided flat.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(19-01-2023, 10:44 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Selling the HDB is not exactly a bad idea. Cos, when he is old, he can come back to SG to apply for another BTO or a cheap brand new HDB flat for retirees. Get priority cos he would have no current flat in SG. It's a loophole for these rich people based overseas to get a heavily subsided flat.

This is indeed a loophole for now, whether the MIW will plug the loophole remains to be seen.................. Rotfl Laughing nudie Gesti-109

He stayed for a few yrs then sold it to go to Thailand 6 yrs ago.

He arrived on Tuesday for the CNY and called  up a few  secondary schools.friends for a gathering.

He got married in Thailand and has a daughter. He told us he managed to get a sales job for an export company. He now stays in 4 bed room condo in the Bangkok Sukumvit(?) area and drives a Toyota Camry. His tone was like he made it big in Thailand already. He showed us pictures of his home, condo  pool his car and pretty wife. 

The rest of us also updated  how were  doing in Singapore but none of us drove car or lived in condo. 

He also said when he got sick his company wiould send him to private hospitals for treatment and he only went private clinics with ang moh doctors. 

In my mind I was thinking really so good? Thailand had protests everywhere, govt unstable, covid was a disaster. Must be just showing off and hiding all the hardship to impress us.

We talked about our secondary school days and all the silly things we did all the pretty girls...didn't know what happened to them and teachers are all so old now retired or dead. 

So much to talk about we adjourned after dinner to go and drink beer at a coffee shop. After a few beers,  everyone  talked like those old uncles with so many  stories. Who fought with who in secondary school..who go vandalise the toilet. ...

After that had to take taxi back. Friend who came back from Thailand was in same direction as me so we shared a cab back. I was to be dropped off first. So as the taxi made its way through my old HDB estate, he sat up and looked out the window at the old flats. Then he said to me, to make your Singapore dreams come true, you should try going to Thailand.

Selling HDB to migrate is a bit rarer, but I am noticing increasingly more Singaporeans are choosing to retire early in their late 40s or early 50s by renting out their HDB flats and using the rental income for their accommodation and living expenses in other ASEAN countries. A S$2.5k rental income is more than sufficient to live very comfortably in other ASEAN nations, but that is predicated on the fact that you have no dependent children who are still schooling.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

SG is first world. But u are third world pedigree

Smile

Marry foreigner is no joke. Basically need to give up your identity you grow up with.

(19-01-2023, 10:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The HDB flat can rent out whole flat?

When you live overseas, you can ask for approval to rent out the whole flat.

(19-01-2023, 10:49 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Selling HDB to migrate is a bit rarer, but I am noticing increasingly more Singaporeans are choosing to retire early in their late 40s or early 50s by renting out their HDB flats and using the rental income for their accommodation and living expenses in other ASEAN countries. A S$2.5k rental income is more than sufficient to live very comfortably in other ASEAN nations, but that is predicated on the fact that you have no dependent children who are still schooling.

I like your narrative and agree with what you are saying....... Clapping Laughing Gesti-109

If renting out, not a gd idea to go too far, as you may need to come back often to settle rental matters such as non payment of rents, repairs and disputes, neighbour complaints and etc

This is the loophole I was talking about. As a retiree, you can actually take a third bite of the HDB cherry.

Buy and sell BTO two times and still can buy a cheap retiree flat.

https://teeco.sg/applying-for-hdb-bto-as-a-third-timer/