My friend sold his HDB to go to Thailamd

My friend reminds of this younger Singaporean guy who also went to Thailand ...but this guy stays in private landed property which is like a fantasy dream in Singapore...People don't even are to dream of this.

https://youtu.be/u2oh-NPSmug?t=120s

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(19-01-2023, 10:21 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Myanmar also Buddhist country but still messed up.
I concluded that Myanmar is a third world country which i will never migrate to.  But, Thailand is not.  Moreover, Myanmar is country 
controlled by military which I deemed it as a communist country.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(19-01-2023, 11:05 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  I concluded that Myanmar is a third world country which i will never migrate to.  But, Thailand is not.  Moreover, Myanmar is country 

Myanmar better not....scary place.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(19-01-2023, 11:05 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  I concluded that Myanmar is a third world country which i will never migrate to.  But, Thailand is not.  Moreover, Myanmar is country 

You right to assume so, having lived in a democratic country one will be hesitant to want to live in communist country............... Rotfl Laughing Gesti-109

(19-01-2023, 09:49 AM)limpeh394 Wrote:  your friend stupiak, he shd rent out his unit $2000, go there stay in a $400 condo
and keep a GF but dun marry, just fark and enjoy life

Lol same thoughts... I would have done that if I never got hitched.

(19-01-2023, 11:11 AM)debono Wrote:  You right to assume so, having lived in a democratic country one will be hesitant to want to live in communist country............... Rotfl Laughing Gesti-109

If you live like a mouse, it makes no diff where you live, right?

(19-01-2023, 11:11 AM)debono Wrote:  You right to assume so, having lived in a democratic country one will be hesitant to want to live in communist country............... Rotfl Laughing Gesti-109

You should go to Assmerica then, and enjoy the drugs, guns, etc.! ALL are freely available! Very "democratic"!  Laughing

(19-01-2023, 09:49 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  人生各有志,终不为此移,同知埋身剧,心亦有所施。
Success doesn't mean drive big cars and live in condos.

yes I am a successful lady
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

(19-01-2023, 10:02 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Aiya sell or rent out yr flat, get a new fh cbd spacious condo with full facilities at jb near future rts. Anytime can take bmw to sg

More singkee kimchi sushi are doing that

BKK condo is cheaper and n better than JB, more value for $$
and the jam between in causeway is longer than the flight time + airport transit between BKK- SG. there are more than 20-30 flight daily between SG-BKK
[+] 1 user Likes limpeh394's post

(19-01-2023, 09:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  His parents passed away left him the 3 room.flat
 He stayed for a few yrs then sold it to go to Thailand 6 yrs ago.

He arrived on Tuesday for the CNY and called  up a few  secondary schools.friends for a gathering.

He got married in Thailand and has a daughter. He told us he managed to get a sales job for an export company. He now stays in 4 bed room condo in the Bangkok Sukumvit(?) area and drives a Toyota Camry. His tone was like he made it big in Thailand already. He showed us pictures of his home, condo  pool his car and pretty wife. 

The rest of us also updated  how were  doing in Singapore but none of us drove car or lived in condo. 

He also said when he got sick his company wiould send him to private hospitals for treatment and he only went private clinics with ang moh doctors. 

In my mind I was thinking really so good? Thailand had protests everywhere, govt unstable, covid was a disaster. Must be just showing off and hiding all the hardship to impress us.

We talked about our secondary school days and all the silly things we did all the pretty girls...didn't know what happened to them and teachers are all so old now retired or dead. 

So much to talk about we adjourned after dinner to go and drink beer at a coffee shop. After a few beers,  everyone  talked like those old uncles with so many  stories. Who fought with who in secondary school..who go vandalise the toilet. ...

After that had to take taxi back. Friend who came back from Thailand was in same direction as me so we shared a cab back. I was to be dropped off first. So as the taxi made its way through my old HDB estate, he sat up and looked out the window at the old flats. Then he said to me, to make your Singapore dreams come true, you should try going to Thailand.

This is Nothing news All along, your friend is the so call " the later batch of Singaporeans move and stay in Thailand " .

I think next few years you want to go " might be even harder " Things always like this. Those Dare to Explore first , if lucky will strike and Profit A LOT than those people who later follow behind.

I already see quite a lot Singaporean move and stay in Thailand as PR. Not totally give up their Singaporean Citizen.

and Yes , standard either stay in Condo OR landed house with a small swimming pool.

And yes, Drive a car. Quite standard.

Nope, don't be fool by " Mainstream Media always show Protest, riot of other countries and BS A LOT here whereas come our Govt in SG. "

Protest , Riot ? SO ? End of the day the country still move forward . Thailand tourism in fact perform Better than SG if you don't know even despite Covi19.

Thai people also lead the life just like us , every day. Even those poor ones still ok, partly Temples in Thailand quite a lot , got do quite a lot donation drive to give free foods to those poor and needy ones.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(19-01-2023, 11:10 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Myanmar better not....scary place.
Myanmar junta is cruel and evil who kills its citizens relentlessly.  They hv no regard for humanity.  AsEAN shd hv strike off Myanmar as a 
member.

(19-01-2023, 09:48 AM)Migrant Wrote:  My neighbour going to Thailand too
Single lady in her 40s.
She was formally working in a legal firm. 
Going there to seek inner peace. 
She prefers the rustic way of living. 
To each its own.

And a Thai beachboy to pump her dried abalone   nudie

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Any idea in Batam or Bali island ?

(19-01-2023, 01:57 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Any idea in Batam or Bali island ?

Nah, if bring in Batam , Bali vs Thailand

Still Thailand better.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Thailand shiok la....even now many CCP want to got there do retirement, follow Western AngMo foodsteps.. as usual

(19-01-2023, 12:53 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  This is Nothing news All along, your friend is the so call " the later batch of Singaporeans move and stay in Thailand " .

I think next few years you want to go " might be even harder " Things always like this. Those Dare to Explore first , if lucky will strike and Profit A LOT than those people who later follow behind.

I already see quite a lot Singaporean move and stay in Thailand as PR. Not totally give up their Singaporean Citizen.

and Yes , standard either stay in Condo OR landed house with a small swimming pool.

And yes, Drive a car. Quite standard.

Nope, don't be fool by " Mainstream Media always show Protest, riot of other countries and BS A LOT here whereas come our Govt in SG. "

Protest , Riot ? SO ? End of the day the country still move forward . Thailand tourism in fact perform Better than SG if you don't know even despite Covi19.

Thai people also lead the life just like us , every day. Even those poor ones still ok, partly Temples in Thailand quite a lot , got do quite a lot donation drive to give free foods to those poor and needy ones.

So you are considering moving to bkk, or just thinking aloud aka daydreaming?

(19-01-2023, 09:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  His parents passed away left him the 3 room.flat

He arrived on Tuesday for the CNY and called  up a few  secondary schools.friends for a gathering.

He got married in Thailand and has a daughter. He told us he managed to get a sales job for an export company. He now stays in 4 bed room condo in the Bangkok Sukumvit(?) area and drives a Toyota Camry. His tone was like he made it big in Thailand already. He showed us pictures of his home, condo  pool his car and pretty wife. 

The rest of us also updated  how were  doing in Singapore but none of us drove car or lived in condo. 

He also said when he got sick his company wiould send him to private hospitals for treatment and he only went private clinics with ang moh doctors. 

In my mind I was thinking really so good? Thailand had protests everywhere, govt unstable, covid was a disaster. Must be just showing off and hiding all the hardship to impress us.

We talked about our secondary school days and all the silly things we did all the pretty girls...didn't know what happened to them and teachers are all so old now retired or dead. 

So much to talk about we adjourned after dinner to go and drink beer at a coffee shop. After a few beers,  everyone  talked like those old uncles with so many  stories. Who fought with who in secondary school..who go vandalise the toilet. ...

After that had to take taxi back. Friend who came back from Thailand was in same direction as me so we shared a cab back. I was to be dropped off first. So as the taxi made its way through my old HDB estate, he sat up and looked out the window at the old flats. Then he said to me, to make your Singapore dreams come true, you should try going to Thailand.

If he's staying near paragon Bangkok, ,good.

(19-01-2023, 09:48 AM)Migrant Wrote:  My neighbour going to Thailand too
Single lady in her 40s.
She was formally working in a legal firm. 
Going there to seek inner peace. 
She prefers the rustic way of living. 
To each its own.
can stay in rural area no problem.  not all people like high tech shitty stuffs.

THIS FAT HONGKIE ALSO LIVING IN THAILAND
https://youtu.be/CDnZQ4W9VFM

(19-01-2023, 09:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Who would go from 1st world to 3rd world.

Thailand can never compare with Singapore.

Other than higher income Thailand is much better than Spore in many ways.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

My cousin owns a 5-room HDB flat in Singapore but owns a holiday resort in Bangkok lah! Big Grin His wife is a Thai girl lah!

(19-01-2023, 03:49 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Other than higher income Thailand is much better than Spore in many ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU

Those thinking of going Thailand for retirement or permanent stay....need to check all the facts

I would like to live in Finland or another cold European country Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(22-01-2023, 09:54 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I would like to live in Finland or another cold European country Big Grin

You will beg for mercy after 1 winter

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(22-01-2023, 10:01 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  You will beg for mercy after 1 winter

Especially if russia cut gas

My dream for retirement is to sell off everything in Spore and withdraw all cpf money and travel around the world  Big Grin

(22-01-2023, 10:07 AM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  My dream for retirement is to sell off everything in Spore and withdraw all cpf money and travel around the world  Big Grin

I have traveled around the world without waiting for retirement and withdrawing cpf.  Travel around the world should be done when you are young

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(22-01-2023, 11:59 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  I have traveled around the world without waiting for retirement and withdrawing cpf.  Travel around the world should be done when you are young

I have more time to travel and relax when I retire…I can stay in a country for a few weeks before moving on to the next…how wonderful will that be…. Big Grin

(22-01-2023, 10:07 AM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  My dream for retirement is to sell off everything in Spore and withdraw all cpf money and travel around the world  Big Grin

(22-01-2023, 11:59 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  I have traveled around the world without waiting for retirement and withdrawing cpf.  Travel around the world should be done when you are young

It is not necessary to travel around the world when one retires, but should travel when young cos you will have the energy to enjoy the sights and sounds of the world.... Clapping Laughing