My stock picks for 2023....

Stock picks are for Singapore Market.

My stocks picks for 2022 found below 
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-My-stock-picks...nce-update

My stock picks for 2021 found below
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Review-of-my-s...ng-of-2021

I started these stocks picks in 2018 with the goal.of picking stocks that have double digit total returns..for 5 years in a row the stock picks hav e above 10% returns. The 2021 picks returned 37% and 2022 returned 27%.

This year I the picks are:
[Image: wp0YV2F.jpg]

The picks are based on fundamental criteria that have not changed that much since i started  5yrs ago. It is based on cash and free cashflow. A qualitative assessment is also made on the ability of the companies to maintain its free cashflow at the current level.

This year is just 2 stocks both from the healthcare sector. They are not chosen for defensiveness but undervaluation relative to their ability to create shareholder value.
Business wise there should be sustainability as demand will grow relative to capacity.

I have already purchased these stocks for my portfolio like I have done so for last 5 yrs. Here are the transaction records.

[Image: uFe223F.jpg]

Other notable stocks I considered this year but did not pick are Genting and Oil related stocks like Rex. They are not bad but did not make the pick.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

How about SMM can pick before EGM boh...

(09-01-2023, 05:59 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  How about SMM can pick before EGM boh...

I have not made an assessment of SMM.
But Keppel and Sembcorp should do well

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Well, can pick some lesser penny? Not much money to invest in blue chips...

[Image: Screenshot-20230109-183007-Chrome.jpg]

If you started investing in properties in 2018, you'll get about 25% appreciation plus rental incomes. More importantly, it'll give you some peace of mind, no need to monitor the markets days and nights, and listen to those gurus talking nonsense

(09-01-2023, 06:42 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20230109-183007-Chrome.jpg]

If you started investing in properties in 2018, you'll get about 25% appreciation plus rental incomes. More importantly, it'll give you some peace of mind, no need to monitor the markets days and nights, and listen to those gurus talking nonsense

I don't have enough for propeprty. 25% appreciation =5% per Yr plus 3% rental yield is works out to 8% a year.

However it is not true to say one will have "peace of mind" as propeprty price can drop and go downhill also.
.The other problem is it is not liquid.

(09-01-2023, 05:40 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Stock picks are for Singapore Market.

I started these stocks picks in 2018 with the goal.of picking stocks that have double digit total returns..for 5 years in a row the stock picks hav e above 10% returns. The 2021 picks returned 37% and 2022 returned 27%.

The picks are based on fundamental criteria that have not changed that much since i started  5yrs ago. It is based on cash and free cashflow. A qualitative assessment is also made on the ability of the companies to maintain its free cashflow at the current level.

This year is just 2 stocks both from the healthcare sector. They are not chosen for defensiveness but undervaluation relative to their ability to create shareholder value.
Business wise there should be sustainability as demand will grow relative to capacity.

I have already purchased these stocks for my portfolio like I have done so for last 5 yrs. Here are the transaction records.

Other notable stocks I considered this year but did not pick are Genting and Oil related stocks like Rex. They are not bad but did not make the pick.

Since 2018, Do you mind sharing what’s your net percentage return from stocks globally?

Lol !! Question & Mark ? (Q&M) you dare to recommend don’t Hai see lau auntie Lau uncles here.. in terms of speculation Nanoflim far better than this coy… Nanoflim openly used investors $$$ to speculate it’s markets price 

Never said Din never give good lobang hor .. hoot now thanks me later 

Laughing

good news all factor-in liao .. time to shorting a bit … counters that won’t Cheong on this rounds of rally will remain silent at least for another 2 years… so don’t westing your bullets .. if you not shorting the best options pls FD your cash … 

Big Grin

(10-01-2023, 05:09 AM)cwc29 Wrote:  Lol !! Question & Mark ? (Q&M) you dare to recommend don’t Hai see lau auntie Lau uncles here.. in terms of speculation Nanoflim far better than this coy… Nanoflim openly used investors $$$ to speculate it’s markets price 

Never said Din never give good lobang hor .. hoot now thanks me later 

Laughing

Q&M is a stock hated by small investors and last ye they lost money investing in Q&M.
Analysts are mixed and unenthusiastic about Q&M. However I see something different. 

You can read the negative views below

https://www.sharejunction.com/sharejunct...icId=15743&msgbdName=Q&M%20Dental&topicTitle=Q&M%20dental

Last yr  I needed to go to the dentists 3 times, I could not get an appointment with the polyclinic that is not in the order of months. When I called up private clinics they were heavily booked.

The Govt has not expanded dental capacity in polyclinic for years and restricted the number studying dentistry in NUS. At the same time it imports more people from overseas to expand the population. Tracking the relative cost of dental services in Singapore vs Malaysia the cost in Singapore is flying off under all these conditions. Because of Covid and closing of borders the Govt temporarily slowed importing of foreigners but this will soon change.

Q&M is the only dental chain with system in place to bring in foreign dentists and to meet the rise in demand next year. Foeeign dentists are needed to meet the demand but they cannot come here and set up a practice hence have to work as employees in a dental chain. 

The Singapore Govt has doubled down on using the strategy of importing foreigners to keep economic growing this often strained our infrastructure and increase demand for services driving up living costs for Singaporeans. Medical costs has been escalating and within medical sector but dental is severely under provisioned ..with Singaporeans left to bear the higher costs. Covid gave us a short break from population growth due to closed borders but this has ended,

(10-01-2023, 06:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Q&M is a stock hated by small investors and last ye they lost money investing in Q&M.
Analysts are mixed and unenthusiastic about Q&M. However I see something different. 

You can read the negative views below

https://www.sharejunction.com/sharejunct...icId=15743&msgbdName=Q&M%20Dental&topicTitle=Q&M%20dental

Last yr  I needed to go to the dentists 3 times, I could not get an appointment with the polyclinic that is not in the order of months. When I called up private clinics they were heavily booked.

The Govt has not expanded dental capacity in polyclinic for years and restricted the number studying dentistry in NUS. At the same time it imports more people from overseas to expand the population. Tracking the relative cost of dental services in Singapore vs Malaysia the cost in Singapore is flying off under all these conditions. Because of Covid and closing of borders the Govt temporarily slowed importing of foreigners but this will soon change.

Q&M is the only dental chain with system in place to bring in foreign dentists and to meet the rise in demand next year. Foeeign dentists are needed to meet the demand but they cannot come here and set up a practice hence have to work as employees in a dental chain. 

The Singapore Govt has doubled down on using the strategy of importing foreigners to keep economic growing this often strained our infrastructure and increase demand for services driving up living costs for Singaporeans. Medical costs has been escalating and within medical sector but dental is severely under provisioned ..with Singaporeans left to bear the higher costs. Covid gave us a short break from population growth due to closed borders but this has ended,

Not hearsay I myself almost tio chop carrots when try their services since then never patronise them liao ask them go f……..k spider 

Big Grin

(10-01-2023, 01:04 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  Not hearsay I myself almost tio chop carrots when try their services since then never patronise them liao ask them go f……..k spider 

Big Grin

What you say is true.
But that does not make it  a bad investment.

Basically Q&M work with companies with dental benefits and managed care systems to provide dental care. They are the only ones big enough with many branched throughout Singapore. Because the govt more or less leave dental care out of its public health system by limiting capacity ...they are forcing everyone to private dentists and for companies to step in to provide benefits and middle.men in managed care service to organise the services. For dental Singapore will evolve like the US side where costs just escalate because govt refuse to step up in a big way to address demands.

Are you still holding? These 2 have performed badly this year to date.

Did you lose money on these 2?

Any more stock picks before yr end.....

The 2021 and 2022 picks did exceptionally well, with 37% and 27% returns, respectively.
Your commitment to this strategy is commendable, and it's evident that you've been doing thorough research. It's always exciting to see how stocks perform, and I'm sure many investors are eager to follow your picks for 2023.
If you're into stock analysis, have you considered exploring AI tools for trading? They can offer valuable insights and help fine-tune your strategy even further. You can learn more at https://immediateconnect.net/gb/

2024 he has not pick yet ! Any contribution?

Thanks for the interest in my stick picks even though my picks in 2023 did poorly compared with previous years.

Stock picking is and art+science, it cannot be done perfectly. There will be times picks do not perform well because there are unknown and unpredictable factors that can emerge.

I am still working on the picks for 2024. There are limited selections on the SGX but I will try to find some.

Hc and q&m did quite bad and aso no cut loss? Aso due to china's faults and xjp's bad policies?

The 2023 stock picks unlike the prior 5 yrs have ended up in losses of 20+% including dividends.

Stock picking is part science and part art...it cannot overcome all uncertainties. It is not something that can be done with perfection.

My thoughts for thus year are as follows.

The blue chips like SingTel and banks are fairly or even overvalued. Why I say they are overvalued is they are big companies with debt obligations and complex financial structures. Operationally they are inefficient and cannot shift easily. During economic up cycle they do okay but fo not build up.enoygh value to compensate for recessions that is inevitable. In short the best time to buy DBS was that window during covid. Now it is fully valued...when recession comes all who bought before recession and post covid recovery will lose all their gains. SingTel is in a competitive low margin business ...avoid.

Only Keppel and Semcorp are good due to new energy business but both are fully valued

I am still working on a very short list to buy for 2024 as have done in past yrs.

Stocks that interest me are newly listed Emperador, and some property stocks that are heavily discounted to underlying assets like Hong Kok, Ho Bee etc. Thai Bev, XT Vietnam etf

I welcome suggestions as easy picks and easy buys on SGX are notvso numerous and I could have missed some more obscure names that are hidden gems.