NCMP Leong Mun Wai's Closing Speech in parliament 20 Sept 2021

(24-09-2021, 11:52 AM)forum456 Wrote:  Did PSP pass the list of 7500 PMETs to PAP to help them ?

What is the point of debate if no help is given to the PSP 7500 PMETs surveyed ?

Opposition job is to generate interest on topics that affect us or of interest to us, and for Opposition MP, to be a qualified estate manager since their voters measure their performance on how well their GRC is run/maintained.

It is not their job to put a knife on govt's neck to force them to act on it.

But it is our job to be the one who put the knife on govt's neck, every 5 years..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(24-09-2021, 12:05 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Opposition job is to generate interest on topics that affect us or of interest to us, and for Opposition MP, to be a qualified estate manager since their voters measure their performance on how well their GRC is run/maintained.

It is not their job to put a knife on govt's neck to force them to act on it.

But it is our job to be the one who put the knife on govt's neck, every 5 years..

you can vote for opposition who is good in generating interest.
your type of opposition might need every 5 years to solve problem if it is not resolved in next election.

i only vote for opposition who can force govt to to solve problem or take action.
my type of opposition will pressure the govt to solve problem in every parliament session.

(24-09-2021, 12:02 PM)forum456 Wrote:  A good speech is good but not good enough if no action is taken.
Opposition needs to present real self collected data to force govt to take action.

when i deal with govt people, i do not tell them what is good and what is bad and expect them to do the right thing.
Nothing will happen.
I tell them that this is the real problem with all data, please resolve it and update me.

Oh  . . . .PAP is nuar- nuar type like Gan KY, Grace Foo . . . 

What you say makes sense.  We need the data and pro- citizen concrete plans.

I volunteer to do Data Analysis for this since PAP do not have the capability.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(24-09-2021, 12:17 PM)Ola Wrote:  Oh  . . . .PAP is nuar- nuar type like Gan KY, Grace Foo . . . 

What you say makes sense.  We need the data and pro- citizen concrete plans.

I volunteer to do Data Analysis for this since PAP do not have the capability.

I am sharing my view of what kind of opposition is good for voters.

if an opposition can make great speech and generate interest, he is a good opposition.
(some oppositions are too quiet)
But his great speech helps no voter because no action is taken.

if an opposition can make simple speech and pressure the govt to take action, he is an excellent opposition.
Because his simple speech is helping some helpless voters directly.

(24-09-2021, 10:18 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Next erection must get PSP voted in with Chee, give those white greedy pigs  a run for their money

If this really happen, it will be like real market place, some MPs will not be so sleepy? 好戏连场。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(24-09-2021, 12:42 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  If this really happen, it will be like real market place, some MPs will not be so sleepy? 好戏连场。

ParLEEment with another 10 or 20 round of FAKE  World Class Parliament  by talking cock, shooting blank, defend FTs, cook stories, accuse people , sue until pants drop, bulldogs attack  . . .for  confirmed Well known Dishonorable & Disgusting sessions.

Yet PM Lee said in his previous GE that he wanted constructive politics. 

What a joke! A crooked tree will never have straight shadow.

Mad

[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

(24-09-2021, 11:42 AM)forum456 Wrote:  After the debate, any action to be taken to help the PMETs ?

Who will help the tens of thousands of unemployed and under employed PMETs ?

Do we need another PMET debate ?

First of all the oppositions are outnumbered. What the opposition has presented are the market sentiment. Unlike the ruling party who has the majority shares in parliament there is nothing that the opposition can do. Surely you know that?

What the opposition has point out were something for the ruling party who are also the governance of the policy to consider but we know that this will not change. But the point mentioned were and are valid point.

And frankly Singaporean’s fear of changes and will continue to let our ruling party to run as they pleased. 

You don’t feel the pain as you have not experienced yet, once it bite onto you then you will realise that our ruling party has been running the state that benefited them and not majority of the citizens. That’s my opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

LMW is definitely much better than any PnP backbenchers and Oppo MPs

(24-09-2021, 12:12 PM)forum456 Wrote:  you can vote for opposition who is good in generating interest.
your type of opposition might need every 5 years to solve problem if it is not resolved in next election.

i only vote for opposition who can force govt to to solve problem or take action.
my type of opposition will pressure the govt to solve problem in every parliament session.

Well, if your expectation for your MP is one who can force govt to to solve problem or take action, great, I also like that kind of MP..

But are we the mainstream? Definitely no, most of the folks in Opposition Ward, when it comes next election, will they remember what their MP raised during the past 5 years, or whether their neighborhood is well maintained/developed? We know the answer.

But can opposition or you and me afford to have less than 1/3 seats in parliament? No, because we already saw what happened when there is no 'official' brake in parliament.

In fact, I need the Opposition MP and NCMP to whack task force hard on their recent handling of COVID..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(24-09-2021, 12:42 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  If this really happen, it will be like real market place, some MPs will not be so sleepy? 好戏连场。

There will be debates and questions on the white country selling thieves policies

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(24-09-2021, 03:22 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  There will be debates and questions on the white country selling thieves policies

The Policy Institute did a survey.

Why are their LJ Brain still like Prim 1 Genius. There is nothing wrong with Globalization, Meritocracy . .  The Crux is that PAP cannot manage, control, review nor be flexible to enforce changes. 

PAP thinks that everything is Caste in Stone so that the world can adapt to them? What kind of CCBAI School of Thought is that? 

83% of S'poreans say globalisation is good for the economy, but 50% think immigrants take away jobs: IPS study, Politics News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

One vitamin C pill is good for you.
100 vitamin C pill will be toxic to your body.

The PAP is a govt that tell you vitamin C is good for you then make you eat 100 vitamin pills at go. The use of bad logic is trademark of the pap govt. 

Of course having skilled hardworking  immigrants is good for a country but importing too many is bad for a country. Singapore has highest FT per capita in the developed world that is the problem.....

What the pap has done is coming home to roast...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(24-09-2021, 06:13 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  One vitamin C pill is good for you.

The PAP is a govt that tell you vitamin C is good for you then make you eat 100 vitamin pills at go. The use of bad logic is trademark of the pap govt. 

Of course having skilled hardworking  immigrants is good for a country but importing too many is bad for a country. Singapore has highest FT per capita in the developed world that is the problem.....

Not 100 vitamin C.
1 vitamin C also will be overdose.
Some vitamin C is 1 pc 1000mg.

More than 150mg Vitamin C may make your kidney overwork.
You need to know your body condition, can take it or not, not blindly eating them, thinking that your body will become better, actually it will become worse.

Can you understand the logic below?
For me I will not eat more 150mg of vitamin C per day.

For adults, the recommended daily amount for vitamin C is 65 to 90 milligrams (mg) a day, and the upper limit is 2,000 mg a day.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(24-09-2021, 06:13 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  One vitamin C pill is good for you.

Its their cheap way of solving a problem and it is an addiction to them liow.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(24-09-2021, 11:13 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  As LMW gains in popularity we will see mounting attacks on him by the MIW in the future. Already, there are some websites already doing so.

MIW? 

Which websites are owned by them? I want to see if they are narrow minded people attacking using baseless accusations or talking to the point to solve matter.

But I think that this guy did a good job that none of the MPs were able to do for many years.

Under PM Lee's leadership, Parliament is more like a Farm.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

Best speech I have heard for so many years

8Umbrella Umbrella

He hit all the nails on the head without any display of aggression. In fact he was polite but straight to the point.
[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

From this video, it is so clear cut that this ah shan is unable to answer questions and try diverting to other issues to distract attention.  It is shocking that Ah Loong is also sending the wrong signal. They are playing a very dangerous game of linking CECA to racism and continuously pointing an accusing attacking finger at LMW.  It is fearless that LMW speaks his strong voice sending a distinct message across.  If not for LMW, many Singaporeans wud have been kept in the dark and unwary that CECA is indeed truly a serious concern that matters much for Singaporeans.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

If only our ruling party actually spares a thought for our people, and came up with such a well written speech.

I don’t see any of them are prepared to do that which include our PM….too bad our opposition are not able to have a say other than giving their opinion that will not be considered. All this will only turn into thin air that get blown into the atmosphere….
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

LMW is not even elected. Just show 60% sinkees are really daft
[+] 2 users Like Harry Lee's post

Sg must remain open but must also develop local unique skills to
ensure Sg long term survival.
Our govt only look at the open side only but not the later.

(24-09-2021, 09:40 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  He hit all the nails on the head without any display of aggression. In fact he was polite but straight to the point.
Throughout the whole debate by LMW in Parliament on CECA, he speaks well in a cool and calm tone.  I admire his courage as he bring out every points fearlessly.  This is the qualities of an Oppositions that we shd have more in Parliament.  He not only speak for each and everyone of us, but also for our future generations to come too.

(24-09-2021, 08:11 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  MIW? 

Which websites are owned by them? I want to see if they are narrow minded people attacking using baseless accusations or talking to the point to solve matter.

But I think that this guy did a good job that none of the MPs were able to do for many years.

Under PM Lee's leadership, Parliament is more like a Farm.

One suspected website is https://sgmatters.com

(25-09-2021, 12:07 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  One suspected website is https://sgmatters.com
This is not just a complain.  It's more serious than a complain.  If it is not right, they shd put it right.  Don't deny mistakes and wrong doings.  Singaporeans do not condone such a arrogant behaviour of a big bully like a gangster.  That's unwise for politicians.

(24-09-2021, 09:42 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  From this video, it is so clear cut that this ah shan is unable to answer questions and try diverting to other issues to distract attention.  It is shocking that Ah Loong is also sending the wrong signal. They are playing a very dangerous game of linking CECA to racism and continuously pointing an accusing attacking finger at LMW.  It is fearless that LMW speaks his strong voice sending a distinct message across.  If not for LMW, many Singaporeans wud have been kept in the dark and unwary that CECA is indeed truly a serious concern that matters much for Singaporeans.

I did not watch the whole video because I found it distasteful and intimidating.

Its like watching silly soap opera of bitches wallowing in insults. 

Singapore Parliament is like seeing people throw, use nails to claw and and pull hair. Very low class.

Win the World but lost your Soul.