New Jobs Taskforce to grow local talent for key sectors: Tan See Leng

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ng-2152021

A new Jobs Taskforce has been set up to coordinate the efforts of various agencies helping workers keep pace with transformation, said Manpower Minister Tan See Leng on Wednesday (Sep 1).

The task force will focus on three areas: Supporting locals to switch into new careers in key sectors; reskilling existing workers for new or expanded job scopes as these sectors transform; and promoting progressive human capital practices.

Dr Tan announced this to reporters in an interview marking his first 100 days in office. Dr Tan took over the reins at the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) on May 15 and he is concurrently the Second Minister for Trade and Industry.

On how this task force is different from the National Jobs Council, set up last year and chaired by Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Dr Tan said that the council looks at the issue from the “macro level” and the task force will be more “granular”.

The Jobs Taskforce will try to understand the evolving needs of companies, where skills shortages lie and how to help fulfil them.

It will be chaired by Dr Tan and comprise members from agencies working on industry transformation and workforce development.

There are eight members in the task force, including Dr Koh Poh Koon, Senior Minister of State for Health and for Manpower and Mr Ravi Menon, managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

So did our world class education system failed?
[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

Lips service....

If talking about growing tech talents then you need to nurture people's curiosity. Our education system now is not good enough for that.

But ultimately the real reason is that parents look at the scholarship system and hope that their children will similarly get into the admin service to get a cushioned live. They'll fight tooth and nail for every point for this. That kills curiosity. So they have to decide if they still want to retain the elitist scholarship system.

Damage already done, you think so easy to resolve? Thinking
They still insist flood gate must open wide wide. Addiction is out of control.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

They set up a new jobs task force to grow local talent for key sectors from the old task force and set up another task force to identify the key sectors then set up another ask force to reach out to the locals ..... and the many task force further ... ........

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Round circle very confusing haha

I actually quite like minister TSL. I feel that he sincerely wanted to do something for the benefits of Singaporeans but he doesn't yet understand how civil service works. Task force on paper looks good but having seen executions from various past task forces, I am sure it is another wayang. To be effective it must be LHL's top priority and a national agenda.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

The setup of the task force indicate past failure.
Keen to see how different he is from his predecessors.
[+] 2 users Like watchfirst9's post

Talent dont need to be trained. It is whether you are given the opportunity to compete for the job. Without the job, how can anybody show your talent????

If talent needs to be trained, then there will not be a Bill Gate, Jack Ma, etc
[+] 2 users Like Stoki's post

Wayang wayang cheong ahhhh Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

All those C guys will be queuing first in the queue...

Hopeless.

So many Task Force just to fix ONE Root of the problem they caused.

Let us see, if this Task Force can help 5,000 Uncles and Aunties above 50 years old get back their job at higher pay.

If not, please sack them.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

arr...u must begin like this
Singapore knows as a result China coronavirus as Sar-covid-2 does not exist
Kelly as a result has problem with China pedaling climate change. Kelly Fa-Hei if u observant.
Do not depend on the audio.
Autopsy:
https://t.me/cirstenw/418

All 911 infor is now available. Joe counterattack....
Nora and IDA become a single EYE IDA 2.0 NASA Ratheon?

Dr. Young thr. microscopy techniques say they are blood cells being poisoned.

It is true we have new talents fashioned like Alwal Bros of Batam in Shanghai Bankok Indonesia...Dragon brand.
Want to become Handsome go Batam under the DRAGON brand of Singapore for Botok injection. The give away as singlion is familiar with the culture of Batam.

Unfortunately the key sectors are cleaners and dish washer?

Dr. Young saw the blood cells and the clumping together
even singlion in the energy field also know what he seeing

(04-09-2021, 09:17 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  The setup of the task force indicate past failure.
Keen to see how different he is from his predecessors.

Clapping

YES. Just like Lim SS and JoTeo. Set up 8 SISTER Agencies ie  TAFEP,  e2i,  JobsBank . . . . ALL indicate Beggars Patchwork due to failures. 

The more they have these rubbish task force and sister- agencies, the more it proves they are FAILURES.

Why Hong Kong do not even have all these wayang and stupid ideas? 

Because they have good governance, able Ministers and a better System. 

Sack Tan SL, lah.

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Tualenkong Doctor tells truth on Germ theory and Terrain Theory.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/zWOvLEn6iABx/

Singapore strategy even success no good.
A poisoned population and a dystopian future.
See dat Autopsy done in Singapore.
bacteria subjected to Radiation leading to extended veins and yet we roll out 5G like they beri innocent

Why can't they admit mistake?

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(03-09-2021, 09:38 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I actually quite like minister TSL. I feel that he sincerely wanted to do something for the benefits of Singaporeans but he doesn't yet understand how civil service works. Task force on paper looks good but having seen executions from various past task forces, I am sure it is another wayang. To be effective it must be LHL's top priority and a national agenda.

He looks like a blur ah bek.

Talk cock sing song

(04-09-2021, 09:23 AM)Stoki Wrote:  Talent dont need to be trained. It is whether you are given the opportunity to compete for the job. Without the job, how can anybody show your talent????

If talent needs to be trained, then there will not be a Bill Gate, Jack Ma, etc

I can see that local talents are many why need get oversea talents?

(06-09-2021, 07:08 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  I can see that local talents are many why need get oversea talents?

More foreign traxhes means more GST and taxes to collect mah .... you think those white greedy country selling thieves want their talents meh

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(06-09-2021, 07:08 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  I can see that local talents are many why need get oversea talents?

Not true. Some overseas talents can help level up our skills. I've personally benefitted from working with some of them.

My issue with overseas talents is this small island cannot accommodate so many at so short a time, but I'm in favour of having some of them here.

How to grow local talents, by education, by drastic action? Thinking
Talk is cheap.
Jobs already stolen...
Current team shd be replaced by FTs, then they will understand the problem....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Everyday same issue. Go back to the basic la! Fix the lower income issue and the rest should have issue they can solve it themselves. Why allow inflation floating until the majority "buaylinchoo".
You guys keep using the land to play your property's prices making easy money out of the pathetic pocket of its citizen.When prices keep rocketing up you say very good . When time to collapse , you say you affect everyone. What kind of reasoning? Threatening
[+] 3 users Like Ernesto's post

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com...red-278311

They tok like expert but not.
For ex. when virus meaning poison
take over the nucleus of a cell
what comes out are varient.
And now you injected 81% of the population.

Expert talks on Immunity and what to do if u go for innoculations
goto 1hr 15 minutes

The Taskforce will work alongside tripartite partners and employers and will focus on three areas:

1. Support locals to switch into new careers in key sectors;
2. Reskill existing workers for new or expanded jobs scopes as these sectors transform; and
3. Promote progressive human capital practices.
The taskforce comprises agencies working on industry transformation and workforce development, including MOM, MTI, MCI, MOH, MOE and MAS.

https://www.humanresourcesonline.net/job...ality-jobs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. When they give away jobs to FTs, we have to Re-start from the bottom to switch careers to re-skill but any good jobs ie Finance Director, Regional HR Manager, Engineering Manager, Project Director . . .  ?

2. Re- skill existing workers because no planning was done ?

3. Promote Human Capital?
Made of FTs?

4. -Missing-

5. -Missing-

=> How come Tan SL work like Half PaST Six?