'No aircon, no hot water, cannot build anything': Black-and-white house renter

'No aircon, no hot water, cannot build anything': Black-and-white house renter seeks to debunk rumours in wake of Ridout Rd review announcement

Read more 📍 http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/no-airc...e=telegram&utmmedium=social&utmcampaign=&utmcontent=

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.
[+] 2 users Like Bigiron's post

""The houses are old, come with no air-conditioning, no hot water, no cabinets, no facilities and no appliances — exactly how they would have been in 1920-1940," he wrote."

He only say the house don't come back ith it, never say ah sham cannot install or build himself.

Cannot build anything? No issue, get landlord to build for me.

Wonder is this guy anti sham, come out and sabo him.

Rental 20k, if true, I am sure tons of sinkie would love to rent the GCB. Some might even partition the house in 30 to 40 lots to rent out, sure make money.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 4 users Like ArielCasper's post

I don't use air con, doctor's advice
I don't believe cannot install water heater or boil kettle water

I also don't believe cannot build anything, cannot tear down I more likely will believe

I think PAP is astro-turfing now, in light of the political damage it will be causing for sure
[+] 3 users Like Sentinel's post

What renter Yishen Kuik meant is that the black and white bungalows come bare without the equipment and features   -  such as an air conditioner, a water heater, cabinets, a washing machine, etc.  -  that are found in a modern home and that make life easier and more comfortable.

Renters of the state-owned bungalows are at liberty to install all the mod cons at their own expense, but they'll have to remove those things when they return their homes in their original bare conditions to SLA at the end of their tenancy.

Yishen Kuik is right in saying that the tenancy rules prohibit renters from constructing anything on the land or to build any extensions on their houses or chop any tree down without prior permission from the landholder, the government, no less!
[+] 1 user Likes S I M T A N's post

(28-05-2023, 02:26 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  What renter Yishen Kuik meant is that the black and white bungalows come bare without the equipment and features   -  such as an air conditioner, a water heater, cabinets, a washing machine, etc.  -  that are found in a modern home and that make life easier and more comfortable.

Renters of the state-owned bungalows are at liberty to install all the mod cons at their own expense, but they'll have to remove those things when they return their homes in their original bare conditions to SLA at the end of their tenancy.

Yishen Kuik is right in saying that the tenancy rules prohibit renters from constructing anything on the land or to build any extensions on their houses or chop any tree down without prior permission from the landholder, the government, no less!

Have you forgotten that large Olympic size swimming pools seen from satellite photo? Not allowed to construct anything? Are you sure??
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(27-05-2023, 11:48 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  ""The houses are old, come with no air-conditioning, no hot water, no cabinets, no facilities and no appliances — exactly how they would have been in 1920-1940," he wrote."

He only say the house don't come back ith it, never say ah sham cannot install or build himself.

Rental 20k, if true, I am sure tons of sinkie would love to rent the GCB. Some might even partition the house in 30 to 40 lots to rent out, sure make money.

can the guy show up in SPH and talk to the ST reporter what he wrote ?
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(28-05-2023, 04:28 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Have you forgotten that large Olympic size swimming pools seen from satellite photo? Not allowed to construct anything? Are you sure??

aiyoh, not allowed by the renter not SLA.

(28-05-2023, 08:03 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  can the guy show up in SPH and talk to the ST reporter what he wrote ?

What that guy wrote makes sense.   I also guess the market rental rate then to be around 25k to 30k monthly.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(28-05-2023, 08:06 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  What that guy wrote makes sense.   I also guess the market rental rate then to be around 25k to 30k monthly.

really so cheap ?

knn the 4 rm HDB me rented already cost me S$4K per month.

it make business sense to rent 1 from SLA and sub-rent to 100 blangla for S$500 per month.

(28-05-2023, 08:11 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  really so cheap ?

knn the 4 rm HDB me rented already cost me S$4K per month.

it make business sense to rent 1 from SLA and sub-rent to 100 blangla for S$500 per month.

Banglas can only stay in legit dorms Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(28-05-2023, 08:05 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  aiyoh, not allowed by the renter not SLA.

But the renter is the boss of SLA

Geddit?

(27-05-2023, 11:48 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  ""The houses are old, come with no air-conditioning, no hot water, no cabinets, no facilities and no appliances — exactly how they would have been in 1920-1940," he wrote."

It mentions that you can build some basic facilities like aircon, just that you need to restore everything back to original condition after your lease ..:
-----------
" However, he also conceded that "you need people to occupy and maintain them for otherwise they will fall apart," as when tenants leave black-and-white houses, they must take apart the facilities — air-conditioning, hot water, fridge and so on — and return them to their old state. "

-----------
[+] 1 user Likes lioncityftw's post

(28-05-2023, 11:45 AM)lioncityftw Wrote:  It mentions that you can build some basic facilities like aircon, just that you need to restore everything back to original condition after your lease ..:
-----------
" However, he also conceded that "you need people to occupy and maintain them for otherwise they will fall apart," as when tenants leave black-and-white houses, they must take apart the facilities — air-conditioning, hot water, fridge and so on — and return them to their old state. "

-----------

But if that is the criteria, given such a big space, rental 20k only and ah sham is the highest bidder, find it hard to believe.

Where are the rich china and India immigrants who have to sinkie land in last 10 yrs. I am sure these ppl hv theiney and the appetite for such properties.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(28-05-2023, 12:39 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  But if that is the criteria, given such a big space, rental 20k only and ah sham is the highest bidder, find it hard to believe.

Where are the rich china and India immigrants who have to sinkie land in last 10 yrs. I am sure these ppl hv theiney and the appetite for such properties.

Yes, question is how come so coincidental both are highest bidders, how much did they bid above the rest and do they know the guide price? Lol
[+] 2 users Like lioncityftw's post

(27-05-2023, 07:34 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  'No aircon, no hot water, cannot build anything': Black-and-white house renter seeks to debunk rumours in wake of Ridout Rd review announcement

Read more 📍 http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/no-airc...e=telegram&utmmedium=social&utmcampaign=&utmcontent=

i also no like aircon and no shower in hot water so can SLA let me stay there? house old also nevermind as long as landed in prime location can oredi

Wow so poor thing no air con no fan no heater ...like living in dark ages.

Then how come one of the minister ridout House has new car park and swimming pool?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 4 users Like sgbuffett's post

Even blangas living in dorms have hot water

fark, ONE single National library most ppl could identify with also dun wan to preserve yet wan to preserve 500 Black and white Bungalow where most ppl dunno about
[+] 2 users Like limpeh394's post

https://www.thepeakmagazine.com.sg/lifes...rchitects/
[+] 1 user Likes Obamao's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCZ0jEdjgwc

(27-05-2023, 07:34 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  'No aircon, no hot water, cannot build anything': Black-and-white house renter seeks to debunk rumours in wake of Ridout Rd review announcement

[Image: istockphoto-672067996-2048x2048.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-8-7-2016-4-01-31-PM.jpg]

(28-05-2023, 04:28 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Have you forgotten that large Olympic size swimming pools seen from satellite photo? Not allowed to construct anything? Are you sure??

Renters have to abide by the terms and conditions of the tenancy contract, one of which stipulates that nothing must be built on the land.

Some SLA black and white houses for rent, esp the gigantic ones with a sizeable front and back garden space, also include a swimming pool. I once saw a swimming pool in the compound of a colonial-era house while driving along a stretch of road with a cluster of black and white bungalows.

Some netizens made unsubstantiated claims about the ministers receiving preferential treatment from SLA, with an outdoor swimming pool and a car porch specially constructed for one of them.

It remains unknown whether the swimming pool was already existent long before the minister had leased the house or after he'd signed the tenancy contract. And whether there are improprieties involved and whether the 'rules' unfairly privilege the rich and powerful. Hopefully the reports from the relevant agencies in July's  parliamentary sitting will lay bare the cold hard facts of the case.

So this Black and White renter believes Vivian and Shanny willing to live in a house with no aircon and no hotwater.

LMAO. F.O.
[+] 3 users Like Obamao's post

This talk cock sing song article and lie will unravel the moment opposition ask in parliament , sooooo your home No aircon and hotwater ah???!!?!? Rotfl
Really talk cock sing song. Of course SLA will approve lah. And Grassroot ballcarrying contractors will rush to volunteer to do it cheaply.
[+] 4 users Like Truebluesg's post

The question should be who is bearing the expenses of installing modern amenities in addition to cutting down the trees and constructing a swimming pool and a car park?

The article is a fugging poor attempt to elicit sympathy for the pitiful ministers who have to live with only ceiling fans and bathe with cold water - NOT!
[+] 1 user Likes aiptasia's post

(28-05-2023, 01:32 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  Renters have to abide by the terms and conditions of the tenancy contract, one of which stipulates that nothing must be built on the land.

Some SLA black and white houses for rent, esp the gigantic ones with a sizeable front and back garden space, also include a swimming pool. I once saw a swimming pool in the compound of a colonial-era house while driving along a stretch of road with a cluster of black and white bungalows.

Some netizens made unsubstantiated claims about the ministers receiving preferential treatment from SLA, with an outdoor swimming pool and a car porch specially constructed for one of them.

It remains unknown whether the swimming pool was already existent long before the minister had leased the house or after he'd signed the tenancy contract. And whether there are improprieties involved and whether the 'rules' unfairly privilege the rich and powerful. Hopefully the reports from the relevant agencies in July's  parliamentary sitting will lay bare the cold hard facts of the case.
How does one measure corruption if one has the power to look the other way and legalize improprities to solely benefit ownself and kaki langs?

That's why in my previous vocation, our mantra has always been this: Not only must one be clean, one must also be seen as clean

In this aspect, both failed miserably in this test of bleached white purity

Looks like they hv to bring this taint to their grave

(28-05-2023, 02:26 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  What renter Yishen Kuik meant is that the black and white bungalows come bare without the equipment and features   -  such as an air conditioner, a water heater, cabinets, a washing machine, etc.  -  that are found in a modern home and that make life easier and more comfortable.

Oh, Vivian, the queen of sophistication and grace,
Living in her ivory tower, a pampered space.
Shanmugam, the wise, with a kingdom to rule,
Where the elites gather, oh, what a jewel!

Behold the Rajahs, with their grand decree,
Presiding over their realm of exclusivity.
Bungalows, extravagant and gleaming in the sun,
Where the elite reside, oh, aren't they fun?

The elite, oh, such a charming breed,
With their airs and graces, indeed.
They sip champagne and laugh with glee,
In their world of privilege, for all to see.

But let's not forget the rest of us,
The ones who don't dwell in such a fuss.
While they bask in opulence, we survive,
Working hard to keep our dreams alive.

Oh, Vivian, Shanmugam, and the Rajahs,
Living in their bubble of pomp and applause.
But behind those bungalows, the truth unfolds,
A world of shallowness and stories untold.

So, here's a toast to the elites so grand,
May their self-importance forever expand.
But remember, true worth lies not in gold,
But in compassion and empathy, so I'm told.  Written by Chatgbt

[Image: two-hyenas-7585501.jpg]

Tales for Midnight Children

The Lion King died 8 years ago leaving his son to take over the lair. It is clear that this effete and useless son is making a mess of it. He likes to shoot arrows aimlessly into the air and at his colleagues too. He has named 2 hyenas to help him guard the licentious lair. His big mistake is to empower one of the hyenas to wear 2 crowns to run the powderful Law and the Home Affairs Ministry. The other hyena is a senior Jackal type whom he trots out like a spare tire whenever he needs someone to review something like 38 Oxley Cart.

The problem with the slick forked tongue hyena is his greed. He not only has a hidden harem but he is now climbing over the head of the Lion King's son by bullshitting about a big patch of jungle which nobody wanted. So he together with a younger hyena decided to take over that patch of the colonial jungle and clear it for their own use.

But the problem with this miniscule jungle measuring only 720 square kilometers is that nothing can remain a secret for long. So one day a very inquisitive chimpanzee climbed up a very tall tree to investigate the noisy bulldozers excavating the ancient trees to build a swimming pool and tennis court for the 2 hyenas. As an aboreal tree loving animal the chimpanzee was aghast and started sending smoke signals through the length and breath of the kingdom about this gross violation of the sacred code of conduct which they have been sworn to. They all promise not to be corrupt. But after the lion king passed away that code of conduct becomes meaningless.

Once the chimpanzee's message went through all the animals from the giraffes to the elephants the jackals rhinoceros otters crocodiles and the white handed gibbons became very agitated heard about the destruction of their habitat.

But unfortunately they cannot do very much about it because they have been duped bought over and caged for too long. They cannot even stage a one animal march from the city hall to the zoo.

So what they did was to take to singing. They sing every hour of the day from May 6th till now without stopping. Their favorite song was "Stop the Rot" and "Give us back our cotton and our Land". Another song hitting the hit parade is "Falling From the 1st to the Third World ". This song is of course referring to the exiling of the second son of the Lion King by the useless and effete first son. These kind of third world tactics only happen in Thailand and in the Philippines but not in the First World of Sinkapoora.

Comes July this jungle Kingdom will be holding its Talk Shop about the code of conduct of the two hyenas and the illegal chopping down of the forest cover and the renting of forest land without going through due process. The spare tire hyena is not expected to do very much. His job is just to put up a mock show.

But for the 10 opposition + 2 querulous animals who love to sink their teeth into the Archilles heels of the hyenas they are not going to take it easy because the future is at stake. So they may even call for a vote of no confidence about the review itself. They will call for a proper Parliamentary Select Committee to be set up comprising of High Court judges chief valuers of land as well as the Leader of the Opposition to look into this possible violation of the Code of Conduct of Ministers as laid down by the Command of the President of the Animal Congress.

Given the growing fear n nervousness spreading in the Animal Congress in July there will be huge calls for the resignation of the erring hyenas. But of course they will not do so. Die die they will stick to their guns but the net result of the Ridout Gate is they have blown a huge hole into the armor of the animals in white.

Lowinsky

(28-05-2023, 05:07 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  How does one measure corruption if one has the power to look the other way and legalize improprities to solely benefit ownself and kaki langs?

That's why in my previous vocation, our mantra has always been this: Not only must one be clean, one must also be seen as clean

In this aspect, both failed miserably in this test of bleached white purity

Looks like they hv to bring this taint to their grave
The bolded part is lost on Pappy angkat bola IBs like Oyk who postulate that Sinkie ministers can do whatever they want just because they are Pappies.
[+] 1 user Likes aiptasia's post