No vax, no hire;employers can also terminate unvaccinated workers as last resort

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/governm...ast-resort

EMPLOYEES who refuse to disclose their Covid-19 vaccination status can be treated as unvaccinated, and companies can terminate workers who do not comply with their workforce vaccination measures as a last resort, according to an advisory by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

Employers can also impose a vaccination requirement upfront when hiring new staff for the purpose of planning deployment at the workplace, MOM said in response to a set of frequently asked questions on its website.

These workforce vaccination measures are applicable to anyone working at the same premises as their employees, including independent contractors and vendors, it said.

Employers can also request staff to show their vaccination status through their TraceTogether app and token, HealthHub app or the original physical vaccination card.

This is an update from an earlier position taken by MOM and its tripartite partners - the National Trades Union Congress and the Singapore National Employers Federation.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

now, unvaccinated cannot go to mall, cannot go to office and cannot get new job.

what should unvaccinated do in Singapore ?

They are trying to hit their pockets.

(25-10-2021, 03:16 PM)forum456 Wrote:  now, unvaccinated cannot go to mall, cannot go to office and cannot get new job.

what should unvaccinated do in Singapore ?

In order to please everyone, just go for the 3 jabs... Laughing

(25-10-2021, 03:34 PM)debono Wrote:  In order to please everyone, just go for the 3 jabs... Laughing
We risk our lives and health to jab but govt is not accountable for any death or serious injuries, its as good as telling us all to go to die.
[+] 4 users Like joyce_tay's post

Actually when they discriminate till like this, it's giving you choice but no choice. Then why don't compensate right and bear all responsibilities if vaccine goes wrong?

How can have the cake and eat it and play with people's life and livelihood?

Heaven no eyes to see the amount of injustice in this world. I pray for Armageddon to hit Earth asap. Humans are not worthy of consciousness.
[+] 4 users Like Sticw's post

(25-10-2021, 03:46 PM)joyce_tay Wrote:  We risk our lives and health to jab but govt is not accountable for any death or serious injuries, its as good as telling us all to go to die.

Many who  had  died after the jabs, usually has under lying sicknesses, therefore no compensation from the garment.  It is very difficult to get the $225K compensation from the garment...... crying

So, now the rules of the Game is turned against those unvax.

My question is- if MD/ CEO / HR/ CECA pets themselves are unvax, HOW to know and WHO can sack them?

Can the useless Tan SL think bigger? Why use the 22nd Job Discrimination factor to bully PMEs?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...ion-status

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(25-10-2021, 03:52 PM)Ola Wrote:  So, now the rules of the Game is turned against those unvax.

My question is- if MD/ CEO / HR/ CECA pets  themselves are unvax, HOW to know and WHO can sack them?

Can the useless Tan SL think bigger? Why use the 22nd Job Discrimination factor to bully PMEs?

You are right to point out who will be doing the 'count' of those who are not vaccinated, the CEO, MD head of HR will not be included when the check for vaccination cert. is to be verified.... Angry

messy manage again. gov better disband and get down for the sake of our lives. totally incompetent and clueless .
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

(25-10-2021, 03:52 PM)debono Wrote:  Many who  had  died after the jabs, usually has under lying sicknesses, therefore no compensation from the garment.  It is very difficult to get the $225K compensation from the garment...... crying
Don't talk about the 225k, just talk about footing all covid induced hospitalization first. ICU each day is crazy amount... 

It's the same as CPF and many things in sg. You don't tell people about future and sg economy when they can't even find next meal.

For ministers and MPs, they are mostly very loaded liao, they will never see the pov of commoners and poor. All they conveniently say is you never try hard enough.
[+] 3 users Like Sticw's post

With influx of fts again after reopening those vaxed can still guaranteed a job?

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

(25-10-2021, 03:34 PM)debono Wrote:  In order to please everyone, just go for the 3 jabs... Laughing

can employers terminate unvax singaporeans and replace them with vax CECA ?

(25-10-2021, 05:32 PM)forum456 Wrote:  can employers terminate unvax singaporeans and replace them with vax CECA ?

What is the fear to go for the 3 jabs, those without any underlying medical history should quickly get jabbed and do away with these inconveniences... To lose a job because a person refused to take the jabs, and to have his job terminated is a very unwise thing to do, especially so in this economic downturn..... crying

(25-10-2021, 05:27 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  With influx of fts again after reopening those vaxed can still guaranteed a job?

MOM is so useless and cannot handle the 3 types of certs- Fake, Unrecognized and Unaccredited for the past 20 years. 

Now, those Foreigners working in HR can repeat this same old game with the same 3 Types of certs.

Useless Tan SL will just catch that 50 or 100  and let the 5,000 go loose to get a job. 

Fake Covid vaccine and test certificate market is growing, researchers say | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(25-10-2021, 05:41 PM)debono Wrote:  What is the fear to go for the 3 jabs, those without any underlying medical history should quickly get jabbed and do away of these inconveniences... To lose a job because a person refused to take the jabs, and to have his job terminated is a very unwise thing to do, especially so in this economic downturn..... crying

will employers give jobs to CECA who have 3 jabs over singaporeans who are still waiting for 2nd jab or 3rd jab ?

(25-10-2021, 05:59 PM)Ola Wrote:  MOM is so useless and cannot handle the 3 types of certs- Fake, Unrecognized and Unaccredited for the past 20 years. 

Now, those Foreigners working in HR can repeat this same old game with the same 3 Types of certs.

Useless Tan SL will just catch that 50 or 100  and let the 5,000 go loose to get a job. 

Fake Covid vaccine and test certificate market is growing, researchers say | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Thrown the onus back to employers to accredit authentication... fruitless if all r ga gi lang  Rolleyes

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

Countries making Covid-19 vaccines mandatory
https://www.news24.com/news24/world/news...y-20211008

You can compare with Sg
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(25-10-2021, 03:25 PM)theold Wrote:  They are trying to hit their pockets.

we shall hit their pocket in 2025

(25-10-2021, 05:59 PM)Ola Wrote:  MOM is so useless and cannot handle the 3 types of certs- Fake, Unrecognized and Unaccredited for the past 20 years. 

Think the report in Jun is superseded by MOM saying Employers have the right to terminate workers who are unvax

I would say all the measures means vaccination is basically compulsory in Singapore. You cant work..you can't go anywhere without

The govt is sick and tired of persuading so just come down using the law.

Just like return tray... initially they try to use campaign to urge people to do it ...later they make it compulsory and fine you if you forget.

It's like trying to train a dog....initially you talk to it nicely, after a while you not happy with it's response, you punish the dog until it complies.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(25-10-2021, 03:52 PM)Ola Wrote:  So, now the rules of the Game is turned against those unvax.

My question is- if MD/ CEO / HR/ CECA pets  themselves are unvax, HOW to know and WHO can sack them?

Initially they thought they give people some right to make their own decisions.

But once it is not part of their strategy they flip and use the stick.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(26-10-2021, 05:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Initially they thought they give people some right to make their own decisions.

But once it is not part of their strategy they flip and use the stick.

The garment, said that vaccination is not mandatory, but with so much at stake they just need to give us the stick instead of the carrot...  Therefore the garment will introduce many rules that will make the unvax, that many are 'forced' to take the jabs. So it  is close to impossible to be not vax in this country.  Many will just obey the rules and make their lives less inconvenienced that they just go for the 2 or 3 jabs.... Angry
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(26-10-2021, 05:55 AM)debono Wrote:  The garment, said that vaccination is not mandatory, but with so much at stake they just need to give us the stick instead of the carrot...  Therefore the garment will introduce many rules that will make the unvax, that many are 'forced' to take the jabs. So it  is close to impossible to be not vax in this country.  Many will just obey the rules and make their lives less inconvenienced that they just go for the 2 or 3 ja

I think this  "implicit" mandatory tactics to basically "force" people to get vaccinated is not going to sit well it is like trickery to corner people.

It's like a double headed snake tactic to on surface say govt is nice not to make vaccination mandatory then go and corner people until they have no choice.

This will destroy trust even further ..and trust deficit is growing.

The govt should just make a stand and be clear. 
If the believe unvaxed are a risk to community and will be result in higher risk of death. State it up front it will over time increase restrictions on unvax hence it expects all to be vaxed unless they have legitimate medical reasons not to go ahead.

This slowly squeeze and squeeze will just cause people to be suspicious of what tricks and what they are up to doing this.

(26-10-2021, 06:57 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think this  "implicit" mandatory tactics to basically "force" people to get vaccinated is not going to sit well it is like trickery to corner people.

It's like a double headed snake tactic to on surface say govt is nice not to make vaccination mandatory then go and corner people until they have no choice.

This will destroy trust even further ..and trust deficit is growing.

The govt should just make a stand and be clear. 
If the believe unvaxed are a risk to community and will be result in higher risk of death. State it up front it will over time increase restrictions on unvax hence it expects all to be vaxed unless they have legitimate medical reasons not to go ahead.

This slowly squeeze and squeeze will just cause people to be suspicious of what tricks and what they are up to doing this.

My take is that the garment is desperate and wants to reduce infections and deaths from the Covid-19 viruses.. In this attempt, they want all to be vaccinated lest they may see too many being infected by this viruses........ crying

(25-10-2021, 03:50 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Actually when they discriminate till like this, it's giving you choice but no choice. Then why don't compensate right and bear all responsibilities if vaccine goes wrong?

How can have the cake and eat it and play with people's life and livelihood?

Heaven no eyes to see the amount of injustice in this world. I pray for Armageddon to hit Earth asap. Humans are not worthy of consciousness.

Root of all evils shd be human, dont blame the greed or poor? Thinking

The Heaven has already giving warning signals long time ago. Now taking action. This time is only Super virus. Next may be Superbug?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Next will be unvax banned from public transport or even stepping out of home.

(26-10-2021, 07:13 AM)debono Wrote:  My take is that the garment is desperate and wants to reduce infections and deaths from the Covid-19 viruses.. In this attempt, they want all to be vaccinated lest they may see too many being infected by this viruses........ crying

There is no wrong in wanting low infection, low death and ultimately for economy to return to normal. They best bet now is vaccination which theoretically works against serious conditions. 

The question is, is the reality of satisfaction that the vaccination route is working well. If so, then make it mandatory and bear the consequences. But from what they have done so far, I doubt people will trust them cos they rejected almost all responsibilities and just blame it on the fact that you are unlucky or have health complications.

Which person above age 40 doesn't have any health problems? Chronic problems do begin as ageing starts.

Even LHL had 2 cancer episodes rite? But somehow he is so lucky with 3 Pfizer jabs. And then all the rest of the ministers and MPs all with no vaccine complications?

It's easy to look at 40 fat lions and think that the jungle or forest is in good health. Until you walk the ground to see all the sick and malnutrition others...
[+] 3 users Like Sticw's post

(25-10-2021, 03:04 PM)babygirl Wrote:  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry