Norway’s King Harald V has a pacemaker implanted in Malaysia. Why not in SIngapore?

"Norway’s King Harald V has had a temporary pacemaker implanted at a hospital in Malaysia after he became ill while on holiday there, the royal household said.

“The pacemaker was implanted due to a low heart rate. The decision was made earlier today, and the procedure was successful,” the palace said, adding that the king was doing well but still required rest.

The procedure should make the journey home safer, it said."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/m...0it%20said.

Norwegian Embassy in Singapore could have advised their King to come to one of the world's best healthcare in the region,IE. Singapore hospital for heart operation instead.

The King trusted Malaysian cardiologist 100% and Malaysia high standard.

We, Singaporeans congratulate Malaysia for the success as well as the job well done and wishing the Norwegian King a safe trip home and a speedy recovery.
Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(03-03-2024, 02:57 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Norwegian Embassy in Singapore could have advised their King to come to one of the world's best healthcare in the region,IE. Singapore hospital for heart operation instead.

We, Singaporeans congratulate Malaysia for the success as well as the job well done and wishing the Norwegian King a safe trip home and a speedy recovery.
Clapping
The King must have been informed about Singapore hospitals A&E shortages of beds.

In addition, increasing dengue fever and TB cases

Malaysia cheaper mah Big Grin

These norwegians.... penny wise pound foolish Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(03-03-2024, 07:33 AM)Scythian Wrote:  .
The King must have been informed about Singapore hospitals A&E shortages of beds.

In addition, increasing dengue fever and TB cases

The day you stop bad mouthing singapore is the day I cut off my kkj Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(03-03-2024, 07:38 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Malaysia cheaper mah Big Grin

These norwegians.... penny wise pound foolish Laughing

Read from The Star that Singapore GST just increased to 9 %

And heard many famous Singapore cardiologists in Singapore are Malaysians

(03-03-2024, 02:57 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Norwegian Embassy in Singapore could have advised their King to come to one of the world's best healthcare in the region,IE. Singapore hospital for heart operation instead.

Clapping
If u r seriously ill in the country that u visit, of course u will seek treatment at the nearest hospital to stabilise your condition first. After you go back to own country then seek further treatment lah. The first thing to do is to stabilise the condition first. I think u lack common sense that's why u always fail to bash Singapore.  Laughing

(03-03-2024, 07:39 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  The day you stop bad mouthing singapore is the day I cut off my kkj Smile

The Norwegians were concerned of those untrue stories circulating in Singapore..

If it's true, I cut off my kkj too

Some day soon pacemakers will not be attached to the heart to pump, it will instead be as convenient as a watch or pendant wore at all times... And there should be nano bots that can get into our body to fix ills...

He fell ill in Malaysia and needed urgent treatment that cannot be delayed hence the implant has to be performed quickly in Malaysia.

If he fell ill in Singaoore he would have been treated in Singapore.

You are posting too many repeated idiot postings on same topics so you should refrain from doing so before you are banned.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

If the king die in Malaysia, war will break out between the two nations

(03-03-2024, 07:46 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Read from The Star that Singapore GST just increased to 9 %

And heard many famous Singapore cardiologists in Singapore are Malaysians
Yes, This maybe the reason... Rotfl

(03-03-2024, 07:54 AM)winbig Wrote:  If u r seriously ill in the country that u visit, of course u will seek treatment at the nearest hospital to stabilise your condition first. After you go back to own country then seek further treatment lah. The first thing to do is to stabilise the condition first. I think u lack common sense that's why u always fail to bash Singapore.  Laughing
Many Dr's and otbers about 3/4 can be like cardiologists is in Singapore are Malaysians....b'cos of SGD$. Ok.

(03-03-2024, 09:21 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Some day soon pacemakers will not be attached to the heart to pump, it will instead be as convenient as a watch or pendant wore at all times... And there should be nano bots that can get into our body to fix
SGD is a important...considerattion One SGD of one Sgd 1/- is to RM$3.56. A eg if Sing of 5,000 x 3.56 is  RM$17,800 plus allowance RM$20,000 no problem.

(03-03-2024, 10:49 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  SGD is a important...considerattion One SGD of one Sgd 1/- is to RM$3.56. A eg if Sing of 5,000 x 3.56 is  RM$17,800 plus allowance RM$20,000 no problem.
Even a Salary: Senior Staff Nurse in Singapore 2024 - can on average salary for a Senior Staff Nurse is $4097 per year in Singapore. Click here to see the total pay, recent salaries shared and more!... Big Grin

Salary: Senior Staff Nurse in Singapore 2024 ..
https://www.jobstreet.com.sg/career-advi...rse/salary

(03-03-2024, 07:54 AM)winbig Wrote:  If u r seriously ill in the country that u visit, of course u will seek treatment at the nearest hospital to stabilise your condition first. After you go back to own country then seek further treatment lah. The first thing to do is to stabilise the condition first. I think u lack common sense that's why u always fail to bash Singapore.  Laughing
Dr M is a good EG: for all to see. 98 years old.
[Image: Mahathir-1410483632.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20240108-085943-Photos.jpg]

cheaper & faster.

(03-03-2024, 11:06 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  cheaper & faster.

Despite Norwegian SWF No.1, yet SGD is much stronger than NOK

Their taxpayers Cannot afford their King to spend $$$ in Singapore, world's most expensive city

Sg be prepare for many mnc shift to other sea countries
Cost is too high here

(03-03-2024, 11:06 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  cheaper & faster.

In Singapore, only costs S$8

Late LKY heart operation under
"Victor Chang, Australian

A national hero, Victor Chang was hailed as “the most prominent doctor in the southern hemisphere”, and his revolutionary work in the field of heart transplantation had implications for cardiac patients, not only in Australia and Southeast Asia but around the globe."

(03-03-2024, 01:05 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Late LKY heart operation under
"Victor Chang, Australian

A national hero, Victor Chang was hailed as “the most prominent doctor in the southern hemisphere”, and his revolutionary work in the field of heart transplantation had implications for cardiac patients, not only in Australia and Southeast Asia but around the globe."
unfortunately he was murdered by a mad australian while walking down a street

Please read sgain. Temporary peace maker.

(03-03-2024, 09:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He fell ill in Malaysia and needed urgent treatment that cannot be delayed hence the implant has to be performed quickly in Malaysia.

If he fell ill in Singaoore he would have been treated in Singapore.

You are posting too many repeated idiot postings on same topics so you should refrain from doing so before you are banned.

Needless to say, royals and foreign dignitaries spare no expense in seeking urgent medical attention in a foreign land. Money is no object and speed is of the essence when dealing with a medical emergency. This reminds me of the late LKY desperately seeking diagnostic tests for his wife who suffered a stroke in London two decades ago.

High-profile visiting dignitaries are always treated hospitably by the host country who's at the ready to provide medical care speedily at no charge. This can be an opportune time to showcase its medical competency and claim credit.

(03-03-2024, 11:26 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Despite Norwegian SWF No.1, yet SGD is much stronger than NOK

Their taxpayers Cannot afford their King to spend $$$ in Singapore, world's most expensive city
Think Norwegian is also kana bite by their fruits as economic bad times have may bite hard even king also must save a few dollar. 😁😆😅😂

It's costs reduced by half

Clapping

the king cannot afford it in S'pore lah.................no subsidy.............no Medisave mah............ Rotfl

Limited budget, money not enough

If operated in Singapore, the King can only afford half the pacemaker

He's aware Waiting for ambulance and searching A&E beds can be a hustle

Norwegians wondering why their King afraid of holidaying in Singapore?

Shutup