Kelvin : Nasdaq Plunged, Cryptos collapse...how much he lost this year

Actually he did not lose money and is up slightly
Despite crypto disasters and Nasdaq plunge.

People tend to only remember his losses like terra luna collapse, ARK etc. But just following an investment process his overall is quite steady. 

If one has been following a disciplined regular  investment process say from 6yrs ago until now even if S&P500 falls by 40-50% I believe the portforlio will not show a loss.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(26-09-2022, 08:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Actually he did not lose money and is up slightly

People then to remember his losses like terra luna collapse, ARK etc. But just following an investment process his overall is quite steady. 

If one has been following a disciplined regukar  investment process say from 6yrs ago until now even if S&P500 falls by 40-50% I believe the portforlio will not show a loss.

Don't be naive.. he could be a liar

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(26-09-2022, 08:57 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  Don't be naive.. he could be a liar

He has updated the same portfolio and his jnvestjng process for last 2 yrs. Its the same old thing. So nothing actually changed.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

his portfolio mainly chasing growth stocks for last cycle... will the recovery be blessing the last cycle growth stocks is yet to be seen... normally, other theme will come into play.... i think its deep value stocks..

in a high rate environment, all the growth stocks which basically feed on free money is not viable... those can generate cash now will be king... those burning cash, if you cant find backer then its game over.

(26-09-2022, 08:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Actually he did not lose money and is up slightly

People tend to only remember his losses like terra luna collapse, ARK etc. But just following an investment process his overall is quite steady. 

If one has been following a disciplined regular  investment process say from 6yrs ago until now even if S&P500 falls by 40-50% I believe the portforlio will not show a loss.

He's like u right? Never lose money. Laughing

(26-09-2022, 09:21 AM)winbig Wrote:  He's like u right? Never lose money. Laughing

This yr I lost due to plunge jn HK stocks.
But across  2 yrs things look better.

I should have stuck to home ground...sg stocks
If I did that 
, I would be up 20% ...too bad.

(26-09-2022, 09:26 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This yr I lost due to plunge jn HK stocks.

If I did that 

you are a genius.
Dvidend stocks in SGX will do well

if a student only managed to score 60 to 70/100 in exams, he shd learn from others who'd done better, instead of giving tips and showing off his mediocre "achievements" right? and how to expect his followers to do better than him?

why not just stick to one or two real gurus who are transparent and had excelled consistently?

(26-09-2022, 09:26 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This yr I lost due to plunge jn HK stocks.

If I did that 

How do you calculate lost or gain for the year? Only stocks bought this year? Or stocks bought in previous year and realized the profit or loss this year?

(26-09-2022, 02:36 PM)debster Wrote:  How do you calculate lost or gain for the year? Only stocks bought this year? Or stocks bought in previous year and realized the profit or loss this year?

Actually j do not track my entire portfolio every month. 
Those stocks  bought 4 or 5 years ago j did not sell anything they are up and with dividends etc even if STI drops by 40% I will still be up. Since I bought them to hold for decade or longer and respond to fundamental changes I only track some news .and rarely do anything.

Wheni refer to losses it is referring only to Singapore stocks i bought this year and HK stocks which have become problematic due to never-ending problems.

If HK market is more stable, send the stocks are in firmer footing,  I will put them aside for keeps. As HK market has sunk to 11yrs low,  I need to reduce risk and take advantage of any opportunities that emerge.

Kelvin will have no problem lah, with strong supporters like sgbutt as followers. But then I always think that sgbutt is actually Kevin himself.

(26-09-2022, 02:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Actually j do not track my entire portfolio every month. 
Those stocks  bought 4 or 5 years ago j did not sell anything they are up and with dividends etc even if STI drops by 40% I will still be up. Since I bought them to hold for decade or longer and respond to fundamental changes I only track some news .and rarely do anything.

Wheni refer to losses it is referring only to Singapore stocks i bought this year and HK stocks which have become problematic due to never-ending problems.

If HK market is more stable, send the stocks are in firmer footing,  I will put them aside for keeps. As HK market has sunk to 11yrs low,  I need to reduce risk and take advantage of any opportunities that emerge.

you are the real guru in equity market !

flawless strategy and perfect execution

Poor Steven Lim, he should be down about $36,000 from his 450,000 shares bought at 65cts Laughing

https://mothership.sg/2022/08/steven-lim...st-stocks/

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(26-09-2022, 02:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Actually j do not track my entire portfolio every month. 

I thought you locked in large gains already this year from ifast, how can still be down?

One of my relatives quitted job and trades in the U.S. market at night, and now he owns two condos in CBD and he lives in HDB. He is very quiet and never tells everyone on YouTube.

(26-09-2022, 04:19 PM)debster Wrote:  I thought you locked in large gains already this year from ifast, how can still be down?

Ifast was a 7 bagger for me and help to make up for my losses in HK market. My Hang Seng Tech positions were just too big. And I trim it down jn case there is a big crash.

Overall I was positive until about a week ago when HSI and HS Tech took a sharp plunge.

so you're selling winners and riding losers? that's no difference from those uninitiated traders/investors, and how to sustain and make a living like that

(26-09-2022, 04:31 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  One of my relatives quitted job and trades in the U.S. market at night, and now he owns two condos in CBD and he lives in HDB. He is very quiet and never tells everyone on YouTube.

There are many who quietly make millions.
There are many who make billions and also share their knowledge....Warren Buffett gave many talks and steps one can take to be rich...if you look at what he said 20yrs ago uou realise you just need to follow and be rich 20yrs later.

Others who share alot are Ray Dalio, Michael Burry.

I would say people don't bother. So they go about their lives the way they chose.

(26-09-2022, 04:55 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Ifast was a 7 bagger for me and help to make up for my losses in HK market. My Hang Seng Tech positions were just too big. And I trim it down jn case there is a big crash.

Overall I was positive until about a week ago when HSI and HS Tech took a sharp plunge.

Tot u just sold some ifast and still hold on big chunk hoping for some recovery? 

Also bro, HK already crashed and u did not cut loss early and crash badly with it. I remember u have 2x hs tech at about 4.4K and now it will have caused u huge losses too. Take care

(26-09-2022, 04:31 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  One of my relatives quitted job and trades in the U.S. market at night, and now he owns two condos in CBD and he lives in HDB. He is very quiet and never tells everyone on YouTube.

can ask him here to give Sgbutt a good lecture on investing ?

Smile

(26-09-2022, 09:55 PM)Niubee Wrote:  can ask him here to give Sgbutt a good lecture on investing ?

Sorry, US market started he is not free.