Now I hope the place I stay never kena SERS...

My family love the place we stay in. We are happy to stay until the lease end by the time lease end I will be 100+yrs old...

Our favorite shops are nearby my friends and neighbors whom we know for decades are nearby. 

Some calculate if SERS can make some money if we cough out some money to get replacement flats. Yeah but to actually monetise the gains you need to sell the new place. Where you going to live after that?! 

Some say the new lease  will help to "extend the value" of these flats which will go to zero in 50yrs time. So what? The value of the flat you actually gain by staying rent free...so what is the deal of it goes to zero after you die.

May be for some calculative Singaporeans who feel with SERS they can work out some way to make $50-$100K out of it. 
I rather give it a miss considering the disruption.

Anyway the govt should let residents vote if they want SERS instead of forcing it down our throat. ..and telling us it is good.

Surely Singaporean's preference matter.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

getting wiser
They test the water
u don't know meh?
[+] 2 users Like singlon's post

But your house will break down long before 99 years are up.

(05-07-2022, 10:10 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  But your house will break down long before 99 years are up.

Flats are structurally designed to last 400yrs with safety margin.

You go to 45yr old flat it is still excellent after one round of upgrade.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(05-07-2022, 10:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  My family love the place we stay in. We are happy to stay until the lease end by the time lease end I will be 100+yrs old...

Our favorite shops are nearby my friends and neighbors whom we know for decades are nearby. 
Since your unit sounds like located in good area, like that sure kena SERS wan. HDB will need that place for higher value properties like tender out for condos or build high density blocks like up to 60 storey........ Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Life is full of problems
we settle one by one
U present problems to us we face it.
Maybe before problems already mati
or some other kung-tao appears
[+] 2 users Like singlon's post

present projection
chengcheng ki called asset inflation
end all become renters why
sotong with his CBDC
taking u out just a key-stroke
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(05-07-2022, 10:13 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Flats are structurally designed to last 400yrs with safety margin.

You go to 45yr old flat it is still excellent after one round of upgrade.

I'm not talking about soundness of the structure. It's the things in the house that will break down.

Stupid.

[Image: Screenshot-20220705-103435-Chrome.jpg]

without sers yr estate would look like this. is it ok?

(05-07-2022, 10:36 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20220705-103435-Chrome.jpg]

No $$$ how? crying

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-07-2022, 10:39 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  No $$$ how? crying

garment's problem

(05-07-2022, 10:10 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  But your house will break down long before 99 years are up.

If the concrete building is done properly, it can last for few hundred years.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-07-2022, 10:41 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  garment's problem

You force them to vacant their house.
You say now is whose problem?
Garment job is to look after the ppl.

Even if voting, there will be some who disagreed to SERS.

haizzz...SG is like that lah...that's why SG is the newest-looking city in the world. Very obvious just compare pictures of cities

Structural are meant to last 100yrs, which is why for private they need to engage professional every X amt of years to determine the structure stability. For HDB, if i recalled is every 50yrs they need to do this inspection. In sg, structural wise is still not an issue, but waterproofing issues are very common in any buildings, normally this waterproofing last only 5 to 10yrs, some lucky maybe 20yrs then will have upgrading liao.

I was sad when i don't have a pair of new shoes, until i saw someone with no feet...

(05-07-2022, 10:56 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  haizzz...SG is like that lah...that's why SG is the newest-looking city in the world. Very obvious just compare pictures of cities

This is why some of our culture and heritage are disappearing. Next 20 years, you will find this place not familiar at all.

变是必然可是不能乱变

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Government has the right to take back anything.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

Decades ago when sers just started the replacement are of similar size flats like the old ones. Now they follow the private property and reward all sers with shoebox sizes, dont know how to stay in such a small chicken coop. I rather have the old large size flat with shorter lease span than a 99 years lease of a shoebox size flat. SERs has fulfilled its voting promises during GCK time. Now Sers is a curse causing all to top up in order to get a 99 years lease. With so much social pressure with so many foreigners here snatching our jobs and livelihood give us the enjoyment of staying in larger flat than shoebox types. For 99 years ensure all those land that were sers must not be sold to private developers otherwise compensate us.

Gov ask you to move or top up for sers, they make $$. They demolish and build high value property they also make $. Either way they make $$. You cannot stop them!
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(05-07-2022, 10:36 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20220705-103435-Chrome.jpg]

Then what for of collection of town council scc at such high price . When certain of it go to the sinking fund for upgrading and not just maintenance hor

(05-07-2022, 11:20 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Gov ask you to move or top up for sers, they make $$. They demolish and build high value property they also make $. Either way they make $$. You cannot stop them!

[Image: IMG-20220705-112143-713.jpg]

Gahmen smart make people scared of SERs. Now all don't want, let it expire worthless.

(05-07-2022, 10:59 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  This is why some of our culture and heritage are disappearing. Next 20 years, you will find this place not familiar at all.

变是必然可是不能乱变

There's surgical conservation of specific buildings. They also keep UNESCO sites. in SG, must achieve high standards in order to be conserved else familiar for what?

(05-07-2022, 11:21 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Then what for of collection of town council scc at such high price . When certain of it go to the sinking fund for upgrading and not just maintenance hor

it's the limited space problem. in some countries, there're very old houses but still well maintained
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

What you say is wrong.

Lawrence Wong already explained only a small minority of flat will get SERS majority will be left standing until lease ends.

SERS is not meant to solve problem of decaying flats as 95% will not undergo SERS.

Flats have to be properly maintained so they look okay and last to the end.

Normally a few years before SERS, they will paint those blocks in unattractive dark Colour.

How come PAP did not paint the building every 10 years? Must be located in oppie ward...... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

like daT ARR
TIO-SUAY