From NUS engineering student to billionaire

(19-11-2021, 10:54 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Probably got eaten up by some GLC...

Yes, our GLCs will cannibalize the business, since govt is more willing to award them contracts. They will then look for the start-ups for solutions but pay them peanuts.

Happen to me before. I worked with STE and while I do 90% of the work, I only get 10% of what they're getting. But if I don't work with them, I don't even get the 10% money, since the govt will never award me the contracts.

(19-11-2021, 01:03 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Yes, our GLCs will cannibalize the business, since govt is more willing to award them contracts. They will then look for the start-ups for solutions but pay them peanuts.

Happen to me before. I worked with STE and while I do 90% of the work, I only get 10% of what they're getting. But if I don't work with them, I don't even get the 10% money, since the govt will never award me the contracts.

My ex-school mate always kenna delay payment by these GLC companies (esp ST ) and stat board..sometimes up to a year

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(19-11-2021, 12:35 PM)debono Wrote:  It is sad to note that all millionaires entrepreneur made their money overseas, it is not that we don't have talents here, cos the environment is not conducive to start ups and business .... Scream

not only unconducive, but aso ignorant, unsupportive and hostile

(19-11-2021, 09:37 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  This is the company that TH should have invested instead of some unicorns.

TH is only interested in hypes. Hence you see their investments are mostly into loss-making but hoo-ha companies, whose only aim is to suck retail investors in so as to benefit the big boys. 

Then when you see them invest into established companies, they'll quickly cut loss even though they always said their strategy is long-term investment.

(19-11-2021, 09:08 AM)way Wrote:  Sim soundcard was worldwide impact on the PC market while Teo esp32 micro controller chip impact only at the low end of the Chinese hobby market of iot devices. Sim manufactured in Singapore employing Singaporeans while Teo manufacture in China benefitting ahtiongs.  Laughing

A typical syonan bitch mindset. lol

(19-11-2021, 01:17 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  not only unconducive, but aso ignorant, unsupportive and hostile

That is why we don't have many successful companies here run by locals..... crying

(19-11-2021, 09:08 AM)way Wrote:  Sim soundcard was worldwide impact on the PC market while Teo esp32 micro controller chip impact only at the low end of the Chinese hobby market of iot devices. Sim manufactured in Singapore employing Singaporeans while Teo manufacture in China benefitting ahtiongs.  Laughing

Pls lah, the chips are used worldwide. In fact, in terms of market reach they're even better than Creative. Low-end? Then you tell me what you considered as high end and we can do a comparison of the chips later.

(19-11-2021, 01:29 PM)amata Wrote:  A typical syonan bitch mindset. lol

Rotfl

(19-11-2021, 11:29 AM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Enquiring minds need to know, are u a zooplankton or phytoplankton?  Nerd

I am a Diatoms - most common type of phytoplankton ...... Laughing Rotfl