Over time China stock delisting from US becomes non issue BUT economy is bad

More and more of the shares held by institutions get shifted to hkse(see report below). Recently 5 big state own Chinese companies announced they will delist from NYSE the stocks fell only 2-3%.

Main problem now looking at the earnings from China is consumer slowdown which is hitting companies hard. Only good numbers are jn certain sectors like EV which are still growing. The 3 pressure points are covid zero, housing crisis send tech regulatory crackdowns.  ...all are self inflicted wounds.

Right now along with the mortgage protests and banking protests, unemployment is rising especially among youths.

Given China's policy directions,  investors will not have confidence in them.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/china...022-08-10/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-08-2022, 09:19 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  More and more of the shares held by institutions get shifted to US(see report below). Recently 5 big state own Chinese companies announced they will delist from NYSE the stocks fell only 2-3%.

Main problem now looking at the earnings from China is consumer slowdown which is hitting companies hard. Only good numbers are jn certain sectors like EV which are still growing. The 3 pressure points are covid zero, housing crisis send tech regulatory crackdowns.  ...all are self inflicted wounds.

Right now along with the mortgage protests and banking protests, unemployment is rising especially among youths.

Given China's policy directions,  investors will not have confidence in them.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/china...022-08-10/

This does not mean money will flow into Hsi n sse. Like u pointed out the confidence is not there

(18-08-2022, 09:19 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Over time China stock delisting from US becomes non issue BUT economy is bad

Which country's economy is good right now?

The recent sudden rate cut by PBOC shows they suddenly wake up......if all these problems continue the economy will seriously injured and recovery will take very long and full recovery is not possible....

Treating those who invest poorly ...will have long term consequences as investors will not forget. So many defaults on global bond market and favoring of domestic creditors sends a message to global money to stay away from China.

Destroying hundreds of billions overnight of investor money jncluding Temasek who invested in education/tuition companies ...means investors will demand higher risk premiums to invest. The tech crackdown destroyed 1 Trillion in valuation of Chuna tech firms . Not to mention the dim sum binds that turn toxic and took global investors for a ride.

In todays world 90% of capital is global seeking out the best returns. Chuna to fund jts way out needs to borrow jnternally if they don't have access to global capital. It will see q bleak future if they continue to mismanage.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-08-2022, 09:27 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Which country's economy is good right now?

Sew my reply on what is wrong.. in post above.

China wants these big giant to delist from NYSE for a very good reason. When the time comes for retaliation, China do not want these big giants to be held ransom.

Get it?

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

(18-08-2022, 10:19 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Over time all China stocks listed in the US will be a BIG issue

CPC over the past few years have realized it doesn't make sense to have China stocks listed in the US for foreigners to enjoy the profits earned from a Company based in China especially those companies who made big profits from the population in China like Alibaba but does not benefit the Chinese people

Smart investors are beginning to understand the risks faced by China stocks listed in US exchanges and have started to dump these  stocks, including Masayoshi Son
Any govt that thinks that way and begrudge venture capitalists who risk their money on most innovative disruptive companies are fools.

Softbank pump in 20M into startup Alibaba because alibaba couldn't raise money in China. Because of this investment Alibaba grew into a behemoth creating 100,000 jobs directly and millions of jobs indirectly. It also help Chinese goods reach all parts of the world. 

Communists don't understand win-win, that is why the drive every economy they run to disaster by attacking those who make big profits....and foreign investors.

These foreign capital allocators have keen instinct to move money where  end to fuel next phase of economic growth in a country. Without them, you will have money wasted on state enterprises and bad investments.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

yes

leave means leave

fark off and get out

uk no eu
uk would not die

us no china

us will not die also
Question 

(18-08-2022, 10:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Any govt that thinks that way and begrudge venture capitalists who risk their money on most innovative disruptive companies are fools.

Softbank pump in 20M into startup Alibaba because alibaba couldn't raise money in China. Because of this investment Alibaba grew into a behemoth creating 100,000 jobs directly and millions of jobs indirectly. It also help Chinese goods reach all parts of the world. 

Communists don't understand win-win, that is why the drive every economy they run to disaster by attacking those who make big profits....and foreign investors.

These foreign capital allocators have keen instinct to move money where  end to fuel next phase of economic growth in a country. Without them, you will have money wasted on state enterprises and bad investments.

U talk like China still in 70s. Come on..

Smile

Non issue? Waiting 4 China companies to drop price lah.

(19-08-2022, 12:30 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  Non issue? Waiting 4 China companies to drop price lah.

https://media.tenor.com/aBgO4yu5E-cAAAAM...tooges.gif kokee stooge’s

To develop their stock exchanges to make it Number One listing for local champions.

Delisting from US exchanges is unavoidable. Sgbutt concerns is negligible.

Sgbutt dating life is much more of concerns to us Sgtalkers. How about that ? Big Grin

Smile