Scripture readings for today

(11-05-2024, 08:19 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  “One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭18‬:‭9‬-‭10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Paul was chosen to lead the gentiles

Did that part come true?

(10-05-2024, 06:27 PM)Oyk Wrote:  How did you come to that conclusion?

Sorry. Not Acts 18 but Acts 21.

(10-05-2024, 06:11 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes, there was a clash. 

And Paul was made to take the Nazarite vow to show the people that he was wrong, wasn't it?

According to the Bible, Paul had a very sharp dispute with Peter lah! Big Grin So Paul went to see the Jewish Council in Jerusalem headed by James the brother of Jesus, but James wasn't a disciple of Christ lah! James wrote the Book of James lah! The Jewish Council was like our Parliament lah!

Stay connected

(11-05-2024, 08:28 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Did that part come true?

“Then Paul answered, “Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭21‬:‭13‬ ‭NIV

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

The 2 surrender liao?😊

☝️

(11-05-2024, 05:58 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  The 2 surrender liao?😊

It's Saturday. They have a life other than here.

Big Grin

(11-05-2024, 06:19 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  It's Saturday. They have a life other than here.

Big Grin

Nothing new to exchange liao lah

☝️

(11-05-2024, 08:57 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  According to the Bible, Paul had a very sharp dispute with Peter lah! Big Grin So Paul went to see the Jewish Council in Jerusalem headed by James the brother of Jesus, but James wasn't a disciple of Christ lah! James wrote the Book of James lah! The Jewish Council was like our Parliament lah!

He took the vow, to show people that he was still living in obedience to the law. We know from that event that Paul was still obedient to the law. 

How come you're no longer obedient to the law?

https://youtube.com/shorts/LwVeLm7l4co?s...tmOTm0IuV2

☝️

(11-05-2024, 03:17 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  

This guy Geert Wilder had a partner in crime, a member of his political party. His name is Joram van Klavaren. He was working on a book with Geert Wilder. He did a lot of research about Islam. Then he became a Muslim after researching Islam.

Yes, people convert to Islam not because they had a dream or they saw a vision. Many became Muslims after studying Islam.

Truly, Islam is a knowledge-based religion.

(11-05-2024, 05:58 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  The 2 surrender liao?😊

Maybe you're right.

(12-05-2024, 08:21 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Maybe you're right.

???

☝️

☝️

(11-05-2024, 09:50 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  This guy Geert Wilder had a partner in crime, a member of his political party. His name is Joram van Klavaren. He was working on a book with Geert Wilder. He did a lot of research about Islam. Then he became a Muslim after researching Islam.

Yes, people convert to Islam not because they had a dream or they saw a vision. Many became Muslims after studying Islam

Truly, Islam is a knowledge-based religion.

If you look deep further u won’t agree with the above

☝️

(12-05-2024, 08:45 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  If you look deep further u won’t agree with the above

The entire universe cannot contain God. (1 Kings 8:27)

(12-05-2024, 08:51 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  The entire universe cannot contain God. (1 Kings 8:27)
“‘Since the day I brought my people Israel out of Egypt, I have not chosen a city in any tribe of Israel to have a temple built so that my Name might be there, but I have chosen David to rule my people Israel.’”
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭8‬:‭16‬ ‭NIV

☝️

(12-05-2024, 08:54 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  “‘Since the day I brought my people Israel out of Egypt, I have not chosen a city in any tribe of Israel to have a temple built so that my Name might be there, but I have chosen David to rule my people Israel.’”
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭8‬:‭16‬ ‭NIV

So why do you believe God was walking on earth in downtown Jerusalem when we already know the entire universe cannot contain God?

(12-05-2024, 08:56 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  So why do you believe God was walking on earth in downtown Jerusalem when we already know the entire universe cannot contain God?

Genesis 3:8 says, “And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.” We know that God is spirit (John 4:24), 

☝️

☝️