PAP justification to import talent massively is wrong...we should not accept

(05-10-2022, 08:38 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  1) If too many people fail, you think the university will not set easier questions next time? Or the scores will just get moderated.

2) Both get the same score but if the clever people work a bit harder, they'll get higher than 90. Their performance will also be clearly seen in the workplace. Clever people can differentiate good and bad solutions.

3) In my whole life I've mixed with many very clever people. You can say whatever you want but this is my view. I don't care very much for yours actually. If you're not happy you can don't respond to me.

1) if university screens candidates properly and teachers teach properly, how to have many people fail ?

2) hard working people work even harder can also get higher than 90.
    as long as they can pass exams, they are entitled to a university education.
    there are many bosses who prefer hardworking people over clever people.

3) I respond because your view is biased and elitist.
    University education should be available for all who can pass exams and not only for the clever people

(05-10-2022, 08:47 PM)forum456 Wrote:  1) if university screens candidates properly and teachers teach properly, how to have many people fail ?

2) hard working people work even harder can also get higher than 90.
    as long as they can pass exams, they are entitled to a university education.
    there are many bosses who prefer hardworking people over clever people.

3) I respond because your view is biased and elitist.
    University education should be available for all who can pass exams and not only for the clever people

My views are formed according to who I met and work with. I didn't say university education should not be available to all but the problem is they hold themselves in very high regard after that. The truth is, even though they obtain a degree, their performance is mostly below par. If they do simple and mundane work then it does not matter. But they can't do higher level work. There are always exceptions, and I know some excellent poly grads but most are not good enough. Too bad if you can't accept that.

(05-10-2022, 09:04 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  My views are formed according to who I met and work with. I didn't say university education should not be available to all but the problem is they hold themselves in very high regard after that. The truth is, even though they obtain a degree, their performance is mostly below par. If they do simple and mundane work then it does not matter. But they can't do higher level work. There are always exceptions, and I know some excellent poly grads but most are not good enough. Too bad if you can't accept that.

i also give my biased view.
there are some poly grad below par but they are much better than those IT grad imported by PAP from India.
why PAP do not want to train more local grad and prefer to import below par grad from, India ?
i still think singaporean poly grad with degree are much better than grad from India.
this is the main issue with PAP manpower policy
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(05-10-2022, 09:15 PM)forum456 Wrote:  i also give my biased view.
there are some poly grad below par but they are much better than those IT grad imported by PAP from India.
why PAP do not want to train more local grad and prefer to import below par grad from, India ?
i still think singaporean poly grad with degree are much better than grad from India.
this is the main issue with PAP manpower policy

I'm not about to go into whether our local grad can match up against Indian ones. I don't have much dealings with them so I'd be unfair if I comment. If you continue to go along this line you'll find yourself going no where because you cannot prove that all Indians are so incapable. For me, I just think that their culture is a big misfit with ours. Having too many of them here will disturb our social fabric. That one you can easily see everywhere in Spore so PAP cannot ask you to show proof. This way we can win the argument against them, not by insisting that they're lousy.
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

(05-10-2022, 09:22 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I'm not about to go into whether our local grad can match up against Indian ones. I don't have much dealings with them so I'd be unfair if I comment. If you continue to go along this line you'll find yourself going no where because you cannot prove that all Indians are so incapable. For me, I just think that their culture is a big misfit with ours. Having too many of them here will disturb our social fabric. That one you can easily see everywhere in Spore so PAP cannot ask you to show proof. This way we can win the argument against them, not by insisting that they're lousy.

it is a fact that many students want to study IT degree.
but the local university places are limited.
the yearly IT graduates cannot meet demand in the industry.
then PAP resort to import grad from India.
This is wrong.
PAP should increase the university supply to meet industry demand and refrain from importing from India

(05-10-2022, 09:30 PM)forum456 Wrote:  it is a fact that many students want to study IT degree.
but the local university places are limited.
the yearly IT graduates cannot meet demand in the industry.
then PAP resort to import grad from India.
This is wrong.
PAP should increase the university supply to meet industry demand and refrain from importing from India

i do not understand why PAP wants to limit local supply so that PAP can import more from India ?
many want to be trained in IT but PAP limit the quota

(05-10-2022, 03:20 PM)forum456 Wrote:  there is no need to lower standard. 
the govt needs to expand the placements based on the number of singaporeans studying overseas.
yearly, about 100 to 150 Singaporeans study medicine overseas when they cannot enrol locally due to limited placement.
many hundreds of singaporeans study computer science overseas when they cannot enrol locally due to limited placement.
Bro Forum no wrong. For med degrees, it is not abt lowering standards but the increasing the quota set by garbagemen. All aspiring candidates would have met the grade pre-requisites before their application. Two students might have the same grades in the same subjects and one rejected due to an unfavourable  interview. 
If I no wrong Garbagemen is recruiting/outsourcing more CECA doctors because they come cheaper. Whether these ABNN doctors turn out more competent  dan our  local med degree rejectees is another story. Their accents make consultations an arduous process. 
Bottomline is Singpwn has a limited pool of smart people, headhunting for foreign talents is no wrong. However we need to be more stringent abt who we let in. We oso need to place our own people above the massive influx of foreign job seekers and ensure our own  get the requisite training to meet the skill crunch of the various industries.