Proposed law seeks to counter foreign interference in S'pore politics

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...s-measures

This law gives pap govt  the ability to shutdown any foreigner who criticises the PAP online by calling them foreign interference ....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Cool 

Many so call "sgrean" but foreigner here... Big Grin
Especially JHK..
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(13-09-2021, 07:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This law gives pap govt  the ability to shutdown any foreigner who criticises the PAP onlune by calling them foreign interference ....
I think the law is targeted at u.  Laughing

(13-09-2021, 07:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This law gives pap govt  the ability to shutdown any foreigner who criticises the PAP onlune by calling them foreign interference ....

They can also anyhow claim that local govt critics are operating under foreign influence.
[+] 3 users Like Alice Alicia's post

It is good that we have laws regarding shutdown of any foreigners who is bent on destroying the peace we enjoy here.

(13-09-2021, 08:33 PM)debono Wrote:  It is good that we have laws regarding shutdown of any foreigners who is bent on destroying the peace we enjoy here.

You nailed it. After seeing what happened in HK, we need such laws to preempt foreigners from using social.media to destabilize the govt...... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(13-09-2021, 08:40 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  You nailed it. After seeing what happened in HK, we need such laws to preempt foreigners from using social.media to destabilize the govt...... Big Grin

Glad to know that we are on the same page. Clapping

(13-09-2021, 08:33 PM)debono Wrote:  It is good that we have laws regarding shutdown of any foreigners who is bent on destroying the peace we enjoy here.
Do not mistake control for peace.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(13-09-2021, 08:40 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  You nailed it. After seeing what happened in HK, we need such laws to preempt foreigners from using social.media to destabilize the govt...... Big Grin

What happened in HK is a case of people rejecting the govt.
No foreign interference  need... "foreign interference" is just to push blame away.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(13-09-2021, 09:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What happened in HK is a case of people rejecting the govt.
No foreign interference  need... "foreign interference" is just to push blame away.

What happened in HK definitely got foreign interference, but is foreign interference definitely bad??

For HK case, if all the leaders fight till the very end for what they stood up for, and not run away to other countries and enjoy good life and leaving the people that they lead onto the street to get dealt with by HK police, what's wrong with foreign interference?

After all, the HK people who supported the movement are not a bunch of uneducated people. They make a logical judgement and agreed to the idea those leaders are 'selling'. Just that these days, these so call leaders are just in for a quick one so that they can enjoy life after that.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

The biggest factor to foreign influence is the about the numbers of foreign tarxhes in SG

india variant CECA recently is the cause of the racial crack and there will be a bigger threat if they DO NOT reduce foreign traxhes numbers ...

The threat is Singaporean Chinese starts pivoting towards the PRCunts ...... it becomes a nationalistic threat. China is NOW the NUMERO UNO in the world, no debate because Disunted Shite of Assmerica is begging them to buy their debt.

And if we do NOT reduce foreign traxhes, more Singaporean Chinese will feel the need for closer association with China.

I foresaw the india variant CECA causing racial disharmony ....so DO NOT take China nationalistic sentiment to infiltrate into Singaporean Chinese's feeling lightly

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(13-09-2021, 08:21 PM)winbig Wrote:  I think the law is targeted at u.  Laughing

Soros man.

Sg people can think and discuss policies,
but not to serve foreigners interest to destabilise the nation.

(13-09-2021, 11:06 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  The biggest factor to foreign influence is the about the numbers of foreign tarxhes in SG

india variant CECA recently is the cause of the racial crack and there will be a bigger threat if they DO NOT reduce foreign traxhes numbers ...

The threat is Singaporean Chinese starts pivoting towards the PRCunts ...... it becomes a nationalistic threat. China is NOW the NUMERO UNO in the world, no debate because Disunted Shite of Assmerica is begging them to buy their debt.

And if we do NOT reduce foreign traxhes, more Singaporean Chinese will feel the need for closer association with China.

I foresaw the india variant CECA causing racial disharmony ....so DO NOT take China nationalistic sentiment to infiltrate into Singaporean Chinese's feeling lightly

The pivot of some towards China does not need "foreign interference" but rather local factors and changes in country .....the rapid westernization and changes in our society ist pushing those with strong sense of Chinese culture towards China.

(14-09-2021, 06:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The pivot of some towards China does not need "foreign interference" but rather local factors and changes in country .....the rapid westernization and changes in our society ist pushing those with strong sense of Chinese culture towards China.

This will further emphasize by the high influx of foreign traxhes diluting or reversing our nation-building & racial unity effort. SG being largely Chinese, this influx will encourage this pivot you mentioned

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(13-09-2021, 09:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What happened in HK is a case of people rejecting the govt.
Put your hand on your heart and say wholeheartedly there is no foreign interference in Hong Kong during the riots.

Some countries changed history text books so that the future generations of kids will grow up learning what is desired? 

So if this is acceptable to some countries, shouldn't we just block off all the potentially damaging things from entering our tiny island?

Sg is so lucky that the majority of its citizens voted in an intelligent and scholarly leadership so that we can leave all the complicated stuff in their hands?

It is ok to pay them millions of dollars year after year after year because they are the best?

If some guys are not happy with it then it is just too bad because majority wins?

As one senior politician once said no retrenchments then worry maybe good for him because it is very very very likely there is absolutely no need for him to worry at all don't you think so?

When they themselves are not saint , why do you need the power to enforce this irrational rule?So their motive is to indirectly force its citizens into submission unwillingly?

Actually who are those foreign interferences?
I cant think of one, can help? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"