Pita Limjaroenrat, 42, the charismatic leader wants to be Thailand PM

Pita Limjaroenrat, 42, the charismatic leader of the Move Forward party, is emerging as a favourite to be Thailand's next prime minister (Instagram: @tim_pita)
It is the kind of rockstar reception an Australian politician could only dream of, but for Pita Limjaroenrat, it's a daily reality right now.

As the 42-year-old stands on the back of a ute parked at a busy Bangkok market and spruiks his Move Forward party's policies, fans feverishly snap photos from their phones, scream his name, and hand him flowers.

"I love him and want to hug him!" one supporter shouts as the Thai prime ministerial candidate comes into view.

"He is the future," another adds.

He grew up in New Zealand.

Fantastic country with very nice people

He has a very long runway

Sometimes expectations to high hard to meet

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

no old school backing, kinda hard

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

He is puppet of CIA!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(16-05-2023, 03:22 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Pita Limjaroenrat, 42, the charismatic leader of the Move Forward party, is emerging as a favourite to be Thailand's next prime minister (Instagram: @tim_pita)
It is the kind of rockstar reception an Australian politician could only dream of, but for Pita Limjaroenrat, it's a daily reality right now.

As the 42-year-old stands on the back of a ute parked at a busy Bangkok market and spruiks his Move Forward party's policies, fans feverishly snap photos from their phones, scream his name, and hand him flowers.

"I love him and want to hug him!" one supporter shouts as the Thai prime ministerial candidate comes into view.

"He is the future," another adds.

I’m not quite sure this is such a good thing. From past experience politicians that won elections through unbridled idolism and star power generally tend to end badly ranging from utter disappointment to downright violent abandonment.

Voters also need to be realistic on what a Prime Minister can actually do. Despite surface turmoil, Thailand actually has a very stable and balanced ruling dynamic between various elite factions such as the royalty, military, business conglomerates, monks and the academia. Elected politicians are just one of the many pillars of power and in many ways they serve more as pressure valves absorbing all the grievances and media scrutiny that would otherwise fall on other prominent ruling factions.

At the end of the day there is only so much a PM can do, much less one that is produced from a coalition with another Party, Pheu Thai, that won almost as many seats.

On the other hand, I am also reading a lot of western mainstream media and pro-China alternative media peddling the idea this guy is a pro-western shrill. I would urge caution before making a hasty judgement, the world is not short of politicians that turn on their former masters in a manner that is even more aggressive than normal.

Let’s just wait and see.

(16-05-2023, 03:38 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  He is puppet of CIA!

Chinese Intelligence Agency.

(16-05-2023, 03:41 PM)Rubitin Wrote:  Chinese Intelligence Agency.

In Assmerica?  Thinking Rotfl

(16-05-2023, 03:42 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  In Assmerica?  Thinking Rotfl

Chennai Idiot Agency  Thinking

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(16-05-2023, 03:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He has a very long runway

Sometimes expectations to high hard to meet

He seems fearless. Big Grin
 Gen Chan promised no coup if loss. BBC reported not i say.

He's a Chinese with surname " LIM "

Why so many Lim's.

"Yunchan Lim is a pianist from Siheung, South Korea. In 2022 at 18 years old, Lim became the youngest person ever to win gold at the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition. In 2018, Lim won second prize and the Chopin Special Award in the Cleveland International Piano Competition for Young Artists"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvKQKnIVy1I

He only won the lower house, the upper house of 250 seats that were assigned might ed by the current PM is still controlled by the military leaders that support the King….likely he won’t become the PM. Politics in Thailand is complicated. He has to have strong backing from military else he will be removed soon as military coups are common in Thailand.

[Image: IMG-1258.jpg]

You don't need to sleep is it?

I want milf yingluck to be PM.