Police urge Singaporeans to avoid using WhatsApp Web amid rising scams

https://theindependent.sg/police-urge-si...ing-scams/

heng me use wechat.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

my watsapp always have money lenders advertisment
[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

Heng I use mobile WhatsApp app not Web WhatsApp
[+] 1 user Likes Bigbluedot's post

Tell that to my company!!! The no of group chats……..

(08-12-2023, 03:17 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Police urge Singaporeans to avoid using WhatsApp Web amid rising scams

https://theindependent.sg/police-urge-si...ing-scams/

what is whatsapp web 1st time heard of this  n 1st time come across this technology
n whats the difference btwn whatsapp n whatspp web

(08-12-2023, 08:19 PM)talky Wrote:  what is whatsapp web 1st time heard of this  n 1st time come across this technology
n whats the difference btwn whatsapp n whatspp web

WhatsApp is what you use on your phone.

WhatsApp web is what you use on the computer. Typing is much faster since you use a standard keyboard to type instead of a tiny smartphone keyboard.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(08-12-2023, 08:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Picture of my granddaughter on WhatsApp is small on your phone.

Picture of my granddaughter on WhatsApp web is big on your computer.

[Image: kisXJRH.jpg]

Laughing Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post

Many are still using, it’s the only solution to link phone and older OS system lah.

(08-12-2023, 08:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  sgtalk.net/User-Oyk WANTON WAIFU
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

My company has suggested that we removed both WhatsApp and WeChat from our company phone. Only use zoom which is officially okayed by our company IT department.

(08-12-2023, 08:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  WhatsApp is what you use on your phone.

WhatsApp web is what you use on the computer. Typing is much faster since you use a standard keyboard to type instead of a tiny smartphone keyboard.

ok if scammers want to cheat u on whatsapp web they can do likewise on those using  whatsapp on phone
a smart phone has all the internet capabilities n functions as that of a pc
is just a different device
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(09-12-2023, 07:39 PM)talky Wrote:  ok if scammers want to cheat u on whatsapp web they can do likewise on those using  whatsapp on phone
a smart phone has all the internet capabilities n functions as that of a pc
is just a different device

True. They can also do that but for now it's the WhatsApp web where they are doing it, so mata is cautioning us.

True story.. recently I received an unsolicited WhatsApp message on my phone. Sender has a profile picture of a chiobu.  And the sender said "she's" from a research company and asked me to take part in a short survey. "Her" company will pay me $20.

How is "she" going to pay me unless I give "her" my bank account number right. Red flag lumber huan. If a stranger says he will pay you $$$, be careful not to give your bank erkount information to him ah. 

Well, before "she" and I got to that... "she" sent me a link. Just click on it to open a file to do the survey. Red flag lunber choo. Never never click on any link or your phone will be compromised and practically taken over by the scammer.

I played along with "her" for a while but made an ass of him. After that I clicked Block and Report.. "She" came back with another account and 我又再把”她”拉黑。 Laughter-68

I won't suggest that you do what I did though. Laughing

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(09-12-2023, 09:05 PM)Oyk Wrote:   Laughing
sgtalk.net/User-Oyk WAIFU 3 HOLES FILLED

merry xmas
hope you die in 1 piece that day