President Halimah makes case for low-wage workers to be better paid after man

President Halimah makes case for low-wage workers to be better paid after man spurns Covid test

https://theindependent.sg/president-hali...ovid-test/

Of course! Take from the middle-class to give to the poor. Never the rich!
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(19-01-2022, 09:21 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Of course! Take from the middle-class to give to the poor. Never the rich!

Yes., the middle-class, those in the sandwich group will be the ones that had to give to the poor.........

She horse back cannon
[+] 4 users Like Bigiron's post

All of a sudden I have the urge to drink milo Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(19-01-2022, 08:43 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  President Halimah makes case for low-wage workers to be better paid after man spurns Covid test

https://theindependent.sg/president-hali...ovid-test/

She not shy har?
Take millions to do nothing … still have the face to make case for low wage workers

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Low wagers to b better paid? Not when living costs keep rising...  Rolleyes

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Useless NATO president

I can do her job much better at 1/10 her price
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

Credit where credit's due, what she said is right. Would you rather that she be like her predecessor....say nothing at all of significance during his term, just act like a tuapehkong?

I have to applaud President Halimah for speaking up on this.

Financial pressure in Singapore can push people to certain behavior. Here this whole thing happened over $100.

I have a friend who works as technician and very afraid to take MC has his work place is harsh and boss target older workers and those who get sick. Once he fainted at home and instead of being worried about his health he was worried whether he would still work the next day. The next day he went to work and press on.

Earlier I highlighted this video its about Malaysians sharing their experience working in Singapore. One of them highlighted women are afraid of taking maternity as they would be flagged out for poor performance and  sacked.

https://youtu.be/KQJYmx7L7R8?t=180s

I don't care so much about comparison with Malaysia but the fear...the feeling of job insecurity is just prevalent 

If you ask me did Singapore progress so that life is better than 30yrs ago?....I think its hard to say yes...GDP has gone up but the sacrifices our society put in to get this is up even more.

This story of low wage worker abt his choices driven by $100 tells a dark side of Singapore. We have 20- 30% of our society in low wage jobs like this worker. Poverty is rising.

Is Singapore really so wonderfully governed?....I believe it is just a myth ...May be long time ago.  Just look at the recent OCBC scam....are we really that good?...we are good until exposed otherwise.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

[Image: IMG-20220121-073405-225.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Shoot Blank queen JoTeo allow this same problem to pass on during her tenure.

While Tan SL not speaking up for low- wage workers?

His MOM not rectifying this loophole they made?

He has PHD for what?

Really ultra useless MP.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

How when supply chains break down and the ugly face of asset inflation stares us in the face in the last breathe of keeping the quadtrillion of derivatives still in place. US corporation mati. Crown mati. Only way is ur Great reset CREDIT SCORE as practice in China.
We have many sms scams via Banking system. IAM not too sure there are that many real scammers.

Jiak Liao Bee.
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

As more relax measures are implemented, there will be more such cases I suppose.

And where is that hopeless Ng Chee Meng?

His Union is set up to protect low wage workers.

Luckily, he is voted out.

Good Decision by Sengkang.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Doesn’t need to talk so much mother goose stories. Just act on it and do something abt it. Maybe, she shd donate part of her salary to charity as
a kind gesture. Afterall, her work is so simple having been paid millions.

(19-01-2022, 10:08 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  All of a sudden I have the urge to drink milo Big Grin

Free cold Milo given by man in a Milo van, during a sports event......?

(22-01-2022, 10:01 AM)debono Wrote:  Free cold Milo given by man in a Milo van, during a sports event......?

By milo macik can?  Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(22-01-2022, 10:24 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  By milo macik can?  Laughing

Wonder is she gets paid to do the advertisement.....

(22-01-2022, 10:48 AM)debono Wrote:  Wonder is she gets paid to do the advertisement.....

paid in milo tins? Big Grin

(22-01-2022, 11:08 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  paid in milo tins? Big Grin
Filled up milo tins or empty milo tins....?